Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The database keys are inclued on the app?
No, that would be against the rules of many sites it's posted to, and against the law (Copyright infringement and all that) :) You will have to find the wings.json file yourself, I've heard it can be found on that iso or chaos site.

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm terrible at updating documentation :) We may also be changing install mode switching back to L or R in a future version as well (I've found using a menu item for it is annoying when you're always doing installs)

If you do change it back to L/R for changing the mode you should change region selection to Up/Down.

I found changing the region to be just as annoying through the menu. Especially because when you change the region/mode it takes you to the top of the menu, rather than stick to its current position.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
No, that would be against the rules of many sites it's posted to, and against the law (Copyright infringement and all that) :) You will have to find the wings.json file yourself, I've heard it can be found on that iso or chaos site.

Have you considered making a program to create wings.json from encTitleKeys.bin and decTitleKeys.bin?

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you considered making a program to create wings.json from encTitleKeys.bin and decTitleKeys.bin?
I'm actually trying do this at the moment, but using that nfs site as a source, however it's proving to be a little harder than expected

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there any plans for CIAngel to allow dumping "clean"/"personal" etc. CIAs of games legitimately purchased from the eShop? I know it's possible to do this with FunkyCIA, so surely it could be done on-device, too?
I'm not sure if cearp has that planned as a feature. But once a tool is released to make a wings.json from your own encTitleKeys, you can do it that way.

What about DLCs? How do I get to download those? (if it's not possible with CIAngel, pls show me the way senpai)
If someone has shared the DLC titlekey on that nfshost site, then DLC should show up in the list

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plans for CIAngel to allow dumping "clean"/"personal" etc. CIAs of games legitimately purchased from the eShop? I know it's possible to do this with FunkyCIA, so surely it could be done on-device, too?
A "Personal" CIA? Not possible as CFW for some reason snazziest out when trying to instal it. I'm not clear on the details as to why. I just know what has been said.

(A personal CIA is one that has your console ID on it)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A "Personal" CIA? Not possible as CFW for some reason snazziest out when trying to instal it. I'm not clear on the details as to why. I just know what has been said.

(A personal CIA is one that has your console ID on it)
Ohh, I didn't realize he was taking about something like a "legit" CIA. Yeah, not sure that will be possible.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cearp throw this in the OP please

Directions for FBIv2.0-2.0.5:
1. Have FBIv2 installed on your 3DS.
2. Have the .tik file of the game you want to download somewhere on your SD card.
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it.
4. Visit the eShop on your 3DS and use the searchbar to find your game.
5. In the games page it will have the option to redownload.
6. Redownload the game!

Directions for FBIv2.1:
2. Have the .tik file of the game you want to download somewhere on your SD card.
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it. Keep track of the title ID for the ticket you just installed.
4. Still in FBI navigate to the 'Tickets' option and find the Title ID of the .tik you just installed.
5. Select Install from CDN!

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@cearp throw this in the OP please

Directions for FBIv2.0-2.0.5:
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it.
4. Visit the eShop on your 3DS and use the searchbar to find your game.
5. In the games page it will have the option to redownload.
6. Redownload the game!

Directions for FBIv2.1:
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it. Keep track of the title ID for the ticket you just installed.
4. Still in FBI navigate to the 'Tickets' option and find the Title ID of the .tik you just installed.
5. Select Install from CDN!

Why would you generate a .tik just to install it through another program? I can understand for when you want to download via the eShop, but the code in FBI for installing directly from CDN should almost exactly match the code I wrote for CIAngel (Pretty sure it's based on the code I wrote).

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
that's how i have been ceeating them :) not manually;)
i will release it i just want to improve it a bit more... but if people can't wait much longer i can release it later today i guess

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

not possible with this tool, it generates tickets not extracts them from your device.
technically possible but no cfw lets us install personal legit coas so... no much use until they are installable.

I'm actually trying do this at the moment, but using that nfs site as a source, however it's proving to be a little harder than expected

don't worry about it, i'll share mine later.

i wanted to improve the wings,json format.
i want to have a little info field, saying how many titles in the list (not very important we can just count)
but i also wanted a 'revison' number, so, how many times the wings,json file has been updated, and what game came in what update, then we could sort by recently added which would be nice if we ever add a browse mode to CIAngel

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, If I'm right, not every game is on the CDN Server anyway, or am I mistaken?
Yup. You're mistaken. It's just that not every game can be found in eshop (most ambassador games). For those, you must download directly from CDN. Every other game, you could simply install the ticket, find the game in eshop, and grab it from eshop.

Reactions: VIERcntHOLZ

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a similar one you can use as a reference that auto-builds on travis-ci: https://travis-ci.org/Repo3DS/shop-cache/builds/126700430

The output of the builds are listed here where the source is too: https://github.com/Repo3DS/shop-cache/releases

It doesn't compile to the wings.json format exactly, but only would need minor tweaks. Also it doesn't use the nfshost site since it's not future reliable, it just uses nintendo's servers.

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that's how i have been ceeating them :) not manually;)
i will release it i just want to improve it a bit more... but if people can't wait much longer i can release it later today i guess

not possible with this tool, it generates tickets not extracts them from your device.
technically possible but no cfw lets us install personal legit coas so... no much use until they are installable.

don't worry about it, i'll share mine later.

i wanted to improve the wings,json format.
i want to have a little info field, saying how many titles in the list (not very important we can just count)
but i also wanted a 'revison' number, so, how many times the wings,json file has been updated, and what game came in what update, then we could sort by recently added which would be nice if we ever add a browse mode to CIAngel
I literally figured it out last night, but I couldn't figure out how you were getting things like publisher and size. I was just grabbing the data from that nfs site. parsing with anything in Python didn't work due to all the different characters that weren't part utf-8. I ended up just parsing it myself and writing a dictionary from that.

Yours however, does sound much nicer, I'd love to see the source (assuming you've written it in Python?)

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally figured it out last night, but I couldn't figure out how you were getting things like publisher and size. I was just grabbing the data from that nfs site. parsing with anything in Python didn't work due to all the different characters that weren't part utf-8. I ended up just parsing it myself and writing a dictionary from that.

Yours however, does sound much nicer, I'd love to see the source (assuming you've written it in Python?)
You get publisher from here: https://samurai.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/samurai/ws/FR/title/50010000006771
Get content size from here: https://ninja.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/ninja/ws/US/title/50010000039282/ec_info

Just use the appropriate IDs and region code in the URL. More data on eshop URLs here: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/EShop

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You get publisher from here: https://samurai.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/samurai/ws/FR/title/50010000006771
Get content size from here: https://ninja.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/ninja/ws/US/title/50010000039282/ec_info

Just use the appropriate IDs and region code in the URL. More data on eshop URLs here: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/EShop
I never bothered to see how they were getting content from the CDN. It does look a lot nicer haha.

My idea was to just quickly hack something together so that people could generate their own wings.json file while we wait for @cearp to release his (as I know he has other things to work on).

If I can figure out how to use github, I'll see if I can make those small tweaks. Although he did say he'd release his tool later today, so I guess we'll just wait and see haha

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have a similar one you can use as a reference that auto-builds on travis-ci: https://travis-ci.org/Repo3DS/shop-cache/builds/126700430

The output of the builds are listed here where the source is too: https://github.com/Repo3DS/shop-cache/releases

It doesn't compile to the wings.json format exactly, but only would need minor tweaks. Also it doesn't use the nfshost site since it's not future reliable, it just uses nintendo's servers.
that shop-cache is yours? that's nice! cool about the normalization stuff, but i think it's not so important, if you use some sort of fuzzy search.
i based mine off analogman's gentickets which in turn is based off other people work, even some of my work lol, a big sharing cirlce :)
but i just wanted to make it a bit better before i release.
i don't want 100 wings.json files appearing and confusing users, it would be good to only have 1, or a few, maybe with japanese games renamed to english names, etc, custom optional stuff some people might want to do and share

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: