Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Justin14p

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can install a ticket, which lets you redownoad the game via eshop. (This only works for games that are in your eshop = in your region)
I have a stupid question:
Does it let me install a game on unhacked 3DS via A9LH 3DS and CIAngel? I mean through installing a ticket and downloading on unhacked 3DS with the same eshop account.
/No hate plz./

samoyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I recently just got into 3ds cfw and very much confused right now. :rofl:

I installed freeshop and tried to fetch Phoenix Wright spirit of justice on my firmware 9.50 N3ds. Turns out You need at least 9.6 to play Phoenix Wright.
My question is: will CIAngel let me bypass the firmware requirement?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

I installed freeshop and tried to fetch Phoenix Wright spirit of justice on my firmware 9.50 N3ds. Turns out You need at least 9.6 to play Phoenix Wright.
that is nothing to do with CIAngel, no.
CIAngel just gives you games.
the simplest answer (depending on your situation) - update your fw, then you can play :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a stupid question:
Does it let me install a game on unhacked 3DS via A9LH 3DS and CIAngel? I mean through installing a ticket and downloading on unhacked 3DS with the same eshop account.
/No hate plz./
unhacked? a9lh means that your 3ds is hacked.
ok, the game will not connect to your account (of course, we can't fool nintendo's system into thinking you truly have bought it!)
so no, it will not appear on your other 3ds.
but i think you can only have 1 account per 3ds anyway, you can't use the same account on 2.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Justin14p

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
unhacked? a9lh means that your 3ds is hacked.
ok, the game will not connect to your account (of course, we can't fool nintendo's system into thinking you truly have bought it!)
so no, it will not appear on your other 3ds.
Thanks for answering!
but i think you can only have 1 account per 3ds anyway, you can't use the same account on 2.
I mean system transfer, because I wanted to experiment with CIAngel and Fieldrunners to do DsiWare downgrade on an unhacked 3DS (Yea, I'm fool, lol)
But nevermind, I'll just buy this game.

Man, which CFW are you using? Just install A9LH on your 3DS

Last edited by Justin14p,

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has there ever been a case of disappearing storage due to canceled CIA installations?
I accidently canceled (pressed B) one of my installations after entering ID and key.

free space went from 3.6GB to 2.9GB and there are no tmp. files in the CIAngel folder on my SD root
Do you guys give em hidden properties or am I hallucinating?
totally confused rn :blink:

EDIT: I forgot to add that I had to force shutdown my 3DS since the app wasnt responding anymore after I canceled it. It froze after displaying "Error installing CIA"

Last edited by Noroxus,

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a note: if you want to preload Pokémon Sun or Moon, this is the app to use.

It seems that freeShop won't show it, but I was able to search for the game and download the CIA with no problem using this.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has there ever been a case of disappearing storage due to canceled CIA installations?
I accidently canceled (pressed B) one of my installations after entering ID and key.

free space went from 3.6GB to 2.9GB and there are no tmp. files in the CIAngel folder on my SD root
Do you guys give em hidden properties or am I hallucinating?
totally confused rn :blink:

EDIT: I forgot to add that I had to force shutdown my 3DS since the app wasnt responding anymore after I canceled it. It froze after displaying "Error installing CIA"
It's most likely sitting in a "partial" installed state. If you re-start the installation it'll probably clear up the in-use space.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

*waiting for the wii u version of this*
I could see that being possible, but I don't think I'll have the time to work on it any time soon :( Sorry!

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's most likely sitting in a "partial" installed state. If you re-start the installation it'll probably clear up the in-use space.

I am manually installing the same application with the same titleID. Would that clear up the unused data aswell?
The weird thing about is the fact that it took away way more space than it should
CIAngel only downloaded 30MB but whole 500MB disappeared?
:unsure:

Lets see if the unused space reappears when FBI is done with the CIA. (it should overwrite any content with the same titleID, no?)
EDIT: oh yeah and ofc thanks for the answer :P

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am manually installing the same application with the same titleID. Would that clear up the unused data aswell?
The weird thing about is the fact that it took away way more space than it should
CIAngel only downloaded 30MB but whole 500MB disappeared?
:unsure:

Lets see if the unused space reappears when FBI is done with the CIA. (it should overwrite any content with the same titleID, no?)
EDIT: oh yeah and ofc thanks for the answer :P
I believe it should free it up, yes

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the lost space didnt reappear....
I seriously starting to question my sanity here lol
oh well
Wish I could help, but no idea what's going on. We just use Nintendo's own functions for installing stuff, so the low-level stuff is beyond my ability to debug :(

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just should mention that Pokémon Sun and Moon appears in CIAngel, but won't get to try it since of many reasons I could have, I got a 2GB SD card, so I'm sure it won't be able to have the entire game installed in the SD card (and I have arm9lhax btw)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just should mention that Pokémon Sun and Moon appears in CIAngel, but won't get to try it since of many reasons I could have, I got a 2GB SD card, so I'm sure it won't be able to have the entire game installed in the SD card (and I have arm9lhax btw)
There's also no seed up for the game, so even if you download it, you can't play it.

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yeah, I had an skeptical thought about Pokemon Sun and Moon being on CIAngel... but unfortunately I have to confirm that it boots you to the 3DS menu.

The "game" is almost 3GB and it didn't boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rqkaiju2, happy early birthday