Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Newer games require a seeddb entry. Once you install the CIA, go into FBI, select the game in the title list, and select the seed install option
Thanks for the reply , but when I select import seed , an error message appears tell me that (Failed to import seed). I really have no idea about the seeddb , is it a file I need to import from some source ? what have I done wrong ?
Update :Never mind , I was not connected to the net when I tried to do that ... Now problem solved , thank you very much

Last edited by Omer,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The user I quoted is downloading as a CIA then installing using another utility, CIAngel handles seed entries only if you use it to install directly
Ah. I had thought it was implemented. But with two "eShop alternatives" I was thinking I may have had them mixed up or something.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did some searching on google and GBATemp without any avail. On my 3DS I have 10.7.0 with Luma installed. I have the newest version of CIAngel and it works for the most part.
Now the only thing is, it's slow when it comes to downloading. My girlfriends 3DS that I have modded the same way gets over 500-600kbps down and mine caps out at 250kbps down.
This is using the same internet connection I have checked using speedtest.net (I should be getting a few MBps but I'm guessing the wifi on my 3DS isn't too strong/fast)
Anyways, does anyone have any ideas why it wouldn't download any faster?
Thank you :)

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some searching on google and GBATemp without any avail. On my 3DS I have 10.7.0 with Luma installed. I have the newest version of CIAngel and it works for the most part.
Now the only thing is, it's slow when it comes to downloading. My girlfriends 3DS that I have modded the same way gets over 500-600kbps down and mine caps out at 250kbps down.
This is using the same internet connection I have checked using speedtest.net (I should be getting a few MBps but I'm guessing the wifi on my 3DS isn't too strong/fast)
Anyways, does anyone have any ideas why it wouldn't download any faster?
Thank you :)
Make sure you're using the same mode. Just installing the game is quickest, but it's really slow when making a CIA. Looks like you might be making CIA on one of them.

Reactions: Drakia

ZanKeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions. Yesterday i bought a 2ds (cheap to buy) brand new. Its on firmware 6.0.0-12u and havnt updated it yet. I managed to get CIAngel using FBI but when i launch the games (pokemon X worked until i passed a certain point then it crashes) they dont work and stay stuck at the 3ds logo. Its obvious im doing something wrong but im not sure what exactly im doing wrong. Im still pretty new to this and this is why i decided to ask. If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a few questions. Yesterday i bought a 2ds (cheap to buy) brand new. Its on firmware 6.0.0-12u and havnt updated it yet. I managed to get CIAngel using FBI but when i launch the games (pokemon X worked until i passed a certain point then it crashes) they dont work and stay stuck at the 3ds logo. Its obvious im doing something wrong but im not sure what exactly im doing wrong. Im still pretty new to this and this is why i decided to ask. If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it.
Follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Your firmware is too low to play many games. If you follow the guide I linked you will be able to update to the newest firmware without losing the ability to play pirated games.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

ZanKeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i followed the instructions. But when I go to the full install and it tells me Error: payload_stage1.bin doesnt exist or exceeded max size. Press any button to shut down. Not sure what i did wrong. I downloaded all the files and placed them where they needed to be at. Any idea what might be causing an issue?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i followed the instructions. But when I go to the full install and it tells me Error: payload_stage1.bin doesnt exist or exceeded max size. Press any button to shut down. Not sure what i did wrong. I downloaded all the files and placed them where they needed to be at. Any idea what might be causing an issue?
Questions like this do not belong in a thread about CIAngel. They belong in the Noob Help thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64