Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Lenoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NOP didn't work at all. Where you get this information? I tried it myself.

Well you probably have to fix menuhax somehow. What version do you have installed? Are you using 2.1, it should been inside the starter.zip with the homebrew loader and other homebrew.

Go to the home menu, change your theme to a different one, then back to default, then try to install it again. :unsure:

Yes 2.1.I'll try that tomorrow, if it doesn't work I'll just deal with it. Thanks for your patience and good night :)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own the site, idk why it doesn't work for you
Oh, well nice to meet you. :)

By the way, i been curious, when you do try to visit the site on wii u or 3ds browsers, it doesn't work for some reason, so i was curious about that. Also, i dunno why but when i installed the cia app for CHHM2 it seems to work with the online downloader but not the 3DSX homebrew loader app. I dunno what that problem is just thought you might like to know these things. :ph34r:

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
By the way, i been curious, when you do try to visit the site on wii u or 3ds browsers, it doesn't work for some reason, so i was curious about that. Also, i dunno why but when i installed the cia app for CHHM2 it seems to work with the online downloader but not the 3DSX homebrew loader app. I dunno what that problem is just thought you might like to know these things. :ph34r:

Not exactly sure why the site doesn't show up on the 3DS browser (I don't have access to one right now), but I think it could be because the certificates are outdated in the browser.

Also not sure why the online downloader doesn't work on the 3dsx version, it could be that the 3dsx version is outdated, or that the 3dsx version doesn't have the permissions that the cia version has, just a theory

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure why the site doesn't show up on the 3DS browser (I don't have access to one right now), but I think it could be because the certificates are outdated in the browser.

Also not sure why the online downloader doesn't work on the 3dsx version, it could be that the 3dsx version is outdated, or that the 3dsx version doesn't have the permissions that the cia version has, just a theory
Is certificates a thing on console web browsers? I didn't even know it was a thing. :ph34r:

Lenoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My problem came from a corrupted installation of menuhax manager. Technically ot was both installed and uninstalled :wtf:
I erased every file containing "menuhax" in its name and everything went fine.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I got a friend to install this but nothing happens after pressing R. Is it because there's no themes in the themes folder? It's the CIA version

shaddowlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cant get this to work... I have serveral errors and never able to see Themes. It ALWAYS crashes for me. It simply says "no theme recognized . You must put themes in: /Themes/" Then it seems to run for 2-5 seconds and then it crashes. Sometimes it even Blackscreens and freezes my DS completely i need to force a power off.

------ "Error [string "?"]:575:error opening ZIP file8" ------
this is the error i receive the most. (the 575 above changes to stuff like 1400, 1594, ...)

------ "Error: [string "?"]:604:bind error"-----
is what i get sometimes when i try to restart with "A" after it crashed. Its stuck in a loop then and wont recover at all.
once I also got something with "DrawScaleImage" I sadly didnt write it down or could reproduce it.

NEW3D3 EUR 11.0.0 with Luma CFW SYSNAND. Everything else works like a charm! (followed the Plailect tut)

Things I tried:
-Launching the Homebrew channel from different entry points (oot, paper mario, start menu, menuhax, browserhax,...).
-Launching CHMM2 after i installed it with FBI.
-deleting the extdata for the homemenu and themes from the SD and recreate them. !yes i created a theme cache!
-Formating SD card / placing themes in different folders (normally i have them zipped in the root of the SD Card in "/Themes/").
-Trying all sorts of themes... extracted and as zip

here a short video of my struggle:
This is my theme folder: https://gyazo.com/369ebeb4b88b14a5718fa575dd34123e (got the thmes from https://3dsthem.es )

Also i read something about a config file in the Theme Folder -> there is non for me(prolly not yet created)
and yes I did run dspdump!

Edit: somehow i managed to install a costum theme by spamming "A" at start. It still crashes but it installed the theme. mh....

Last edited by shaddowlink,

shaddowlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
d8de7ea2c0ed800b5c0a00a845237277.png

https://gyazo.com/d8de7ea2c0ed800b5c0a00a845237277

This is how i got it now... I am able to see the 2 themes and the programm is working for some seconds. still after some time I am getting the zip error (and yes i delted the theme folder in "/3ds/chmm2")

CHMM also seems to create an empty "temp.zip" and "temp" folder every time i start it. dunno if its relevant.

It seems that I can install themes now but I have to be extremely fast or i get the same error as above. and it crashes after installing if not even earlier.
I lost track of the steps I took... Last thing i did was formatting the SD card once more and copy only the files needed for the CFW to start and reinstall die CIAs.

Shuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
d8de7ea2c0ed800b5c0a00a845237277.png

https://gyazo.com/d8de7ea2c0ed800b5c0a00a845237277

This is how i got it now... I am able to see the 2 themes and the programm is working for some seconds. still after some time I am getting the zip error (and yes i delted the theme folder in "/3ds/chmm2")

CHMM also seems to create an empty "temp.zip" and "temp" folder every time i start it. dunno if its relevant.

It seems that I can install themes now but I have to be extremely fast or i get the same error as above. and it crashes after installing if not even earlier.
I lost track of the steps I took... Last thing i did was formatting the SD card once more and copy only the files needed for the CFW to start and reinstall die CIAs.
You should extract the files from the rar archive.

Last edited by Shuu,

shaddowlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
https://gyazo.com/2dd6c2ca75a55d8b0a1f5b49f4d4db04
here with extracted files. There are no other zip files AT ALL on the SD card!
I see the themes but i still crash after some seconds with the ZIP error :/

here another video
the themes are extracted here and its like the folder i screenshotted above.

And yes I am using the latest version (2.8 atm)

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
https://gyazo.com/2dd6c2ca75a55d8b0a1f5b49f4d4db04
here with extracted files. There are no other zip files AT ALL on the SD card!
I see the themes but i still crash after some seconds with the ZIP error :/

here another video
the themes are extracted here and its like the folder i screenshotted above.

And yes I am using the latest version (2.8 atm)

You have to send the files already decompressed the program does not decompresses the files.
Put the SD on the PC and put the issues already decompressed.

shaddowlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
53598e48d14c8fb436f904ea0ea55ae3.png

as you can see on the screenshot above. I extracted the zip files into folders before i copied them to the SD card. Or are there any other compressed files ?
This is also the state of the SD from the video on my last post!

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
0793b632c4be5bb094d05a4754124c4e.png

as you can see on the screenshot above. I extracted the zip files into folders before i copied them to the SD card. Or are there any other compressed files ?
This is also the state of the SD from the video on my last post!
Have you tried to use other themes turn Wi Fi and enter the CHMM2 is press R. It will open a website that lets you download the online topics. Try to download and install these themes.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: shaddowlink

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!