Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yay. I feel dumb for not reading the FAQs.
This problem persists because many users still use the Yata Plus to create the Bgm file. It is the Yata Converter is all bugged. Bgm creates a file with a horrible encoder.
Some songs he leaves with noise is others are with damaged repeat loop.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes
@Rinnegatamante
You could make the application install themes in CIA format.
No. That's not gonna work cause if that happens whenever someone who has already purchased themes or downloaded the single free theme and accesses the eshop or their NNID for any reason they will have to install the theme yet again. The way it works now is already the optimal way of doing it considering all the other trouble that goes into CIA themes.

stormesp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your work! i updated to 2.8 now so i can download themes directly to the 2ds but when i press R it crashes into string error 1:1337. is there anything wrong? is this common?

roger miao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if my question was skipped over, or it wasn't seen because it was the last post of the page, so I'm going to ask again in hopes of a response.
I recently updated CHMM to 2.8 through the cia file. After that I noticed that all the BGMs are quieter than the preview in CHMM and they are even quieter that system sounds.
What can I do to fix it?

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Helping a friend out and whenever he tries to install a theme he gets the following error:
"Error: [string ''?'']:599: error opening file."

We tried several themes and it still the same error over and over again. Both cia and homebrew launcher version.
Tried on a newer 2DS with A9HL and luma.

EDIT:
See this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-258#post-6644219

Last edited by VioletX,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helping a friend out and whenever he tries to install a theme he gets the following error:
"Error: [string ''?'']:599: error opening file."

We tried several themes and it still the same error over and over again. Both cia and homebrew launcher version.
Tried on a newer 2DS with A9HL and luma.

EDIT:
See this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-258#post-6644219
Make sure the theme is in a folder on the root of SD card called themes.
SD://Themes/(theme folder)/ theme

Do not use zipped files.

Do not use weird letters. A-Z and 1-9 should be the only ones used for best results.

These are just general ideas to try first.

Reactions: VioletX

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your work! i updated to 2.8 now so i can download themes directly to the 2ds but when i press R it crashes into string error 1:1337. is there anything wrong? is this common?

You should report the error, not the line.

I don't know if my question was skipped over, or it wasn't seen because it was the last post of the page, so I'm going to ask again in hopes of a response.
I recently updated CHMM to 2.8 through the cia file. After that I noticed that all the BGMs are quieter than the preview in CHMM and they are even quieter that system sounds.
What can I do to fix it?

Probably it's caused by audio service change (before (a lot before) CHMM2 used csnd, now it uses dsp).

Arthias

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi there Rinne!
Love your apps
About CHHM2 I've had lots of issues with themes that are damaged or have some sort of special character, crashing my theme set and corrupting the themes cache.
Best solution for this is to select a system theme, and then installing your desired theme through CHHM2.

Last time, something happened (not sure what) and after some time fiddling with chhm2 and nintendo theme selector I got stuck in the black screen at boot. So I had to insert the SD card in the computer and manually delete the themes folder (000000008f)

So I ended up thinking that maybe you could add a function in the start menu to delete the themes cache folder. That would allow us to purge the themes and try again without the hassle of removing the sd.
Would it be possible?
You may need to add a warning note stating that the user will need to select a random theme from the default theme selector before accessing CHMM2 again.

Reactions: Stash23

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I installed a theme for the first time in CHMM2. Went fine, it said it installed the theme. I placed yet another theme in the themes folder and now CHMM2 won't even boot into homebrew. It just cycles through the folders like themes, etc. etc. What the heck is going on with it and how do I fix it? Thanks!

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cruel says he's not updating his BrewMan repo, so can you add the most recent version of this to it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there Rinne!
Love your apps
About CHHM2 I've had lots of issues with themes that are damaged or have some sort of special character, crashing my theme set and corrupting the themes cache.
Best solution for this is to select a system theme, and then installing your desired theme through CHHM2.

Last time, something happened (not sure what) and after some time fiddling with chhm2 and nintendo theme selector I got stuck in the black screen at boot. So I had to insert the SD card in the computer and manually delete the themes folder (000000008f)

So I ended up thinking that maybe you could add a function in the start menu to delete the themes cache folder. That would allow us to purge the themes and try again without the hassle of removing the sd.
Would it be possible?
You may need to add a warning note stating that the user will need to select a random theme from the default theme selector before accessing CHMM2 again.

If you don't actually apply a theme, adding this will cause CHMM2 to actually delete your theme every time you boot it (and also custom folders iirc).

Hey all. I installed a theme for the first time in CHMM2. Went fine, it said it installed the theme. I placed yet another theme in the themes folder and now CHMM2 won't even boot into homebrew. It just cycles through the folders like themes, etc. etc. What the heck is going on with it and how do I fix it? Thanks!

"CHMM2 won't even boot into homebrew. It just cycles through the folders like themes, etc. etc." can you explain me what do you intend?

Cruel says he's not updating his BrewMan repo, so can you add the most recent version of this to it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, i have no time to do this.

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't actually apply a theme, adding this will cause CHMM2 to actually delete your theme every time you boot it (and also custom folders iirc).

"CHMM2 won't even boot into homebrew. It just cycles through the folders like themes, etc. etc." can you explain me what do you intend?

No, i have no time to do this.

I solved it just got a cia of CHMM version 28 and installed, works way better. T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation