Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

shaddowlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have you tried to use other themes turn Wi Fi and enter the CHMM2 is press R. It will open a website that lets you download the online topics. Try to download and install these themes.

Yes I tried that!
It even works i can see the themes load but still CHMM2 crashed after some seconds for me, so i cant really use it! even if i have the Theme folder completely empty !

Last edited by shaddowlink,

shaddowlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you download your themes with Themes downloader?
Have you checked if your SD has any damaged directory ?
If the problem persists the only person who can help you is @Rinnegatamante

I formatted the SD card 2 times and only copied the files needed for CFW to boot onto it so i doubt there is a corrupt file or directory on it also i dont have any problems while reading or writing the card.

I downloaded the themes i was using from the 3dsthem.es website!
Problem is CHMM2 is crashing even without any Themes on the SD card within a short time ( like in the video). until it crashed i can use it like its intended ( I think).

Like i said EVERYTHING ELSE is working like a charm from games to other homebrews...

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I formatted the SD card 2 times and only copied the files needed for CFW to boot onto it so i doubt there is a corrupt file or directory on it also i dont have any problems while reading or writing the card.

I downloaded the themes i was using from the 3dsthem.es website!
Problem is CHMM2 is crashing even without any Themes on the SD card within a short time ( like in the video). until it crashed i can use it like its intended ( I think).

Like i said EVERYTHING ELSE is working like a charm from games to other homebrews...
Have you tried to delete "settings.cfg" file?

Reactions: shaddowlink

shaddowlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As i have mentioned before such a file was never created for me in the Themes folder ( or anywhere else on the SD card)
THIS WORKED !!!!!!! MAN I LOVE YOU. NO CRASHES ANYMORE.
sorry for the caps but I am just happy.
Still it would be interesting to find out why that happened :ohnoes:

EDIT: well I am no programming expert but since it was a zip error and in the savefile is a "auto_extract = false" could be related to each other ?

Reactions: redunka

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
THIS WORKED !!!!!!! MAN I LOVE YOU. NO CRASHES ANYMORE.
sorry for the caps but I am just happy.
Still it would be interesting to find out why that happened :ohnoes:

EDIT: well I am no programming expert but since it was a zip error and in the savefile is a "auto_extract = false" could be related to each other ?
Well, I'm not a programmer either. :P
I turned auto extracting off just in case, because it looked like CHMM was trying to extract non-existent zip file for some reason.
As far as I know, by default this option is turned on, but I'm not sure if extraction actually worked for anyone.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every-time I use the down loader in CHMM2 to try to download any theme I get this error message Error: [string "?"]:537: error opening zip file does the downloader just not work now or is it the theme I am trying to download

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Every-time I use the down loader in CHMM2 to try to download any theme I get this error message Error: [string "?"]:537: error opening zip file does the downloader just not work now or is it the theme I am trying to download

Delete your config file in Themes folder and retry.

Reactions: dmc310

Stealthii

Trophies
XP
Country
For those that are having the following problems:
  • Application appears as 'Blend3r' instead of CHMM2 in Homebrew Launcher
  • 'Error: Can't open zip/file/other' due to non-ASCII characters
These are bugs in the current (2.8) version of the application. Until there is an update I recommend using the last version without these issues, which is 2.6. You can get this version from Rinnegatamante's website.

With 2.6 I'm able to install themes that use non-ASCII characters, the icons are correct, and the BGM swap issue also seems to not be present. If you do have other issues, I recommend setting a default theme, before using CHMM2.6 to install your custom theme.

Another note - 2.6 will look for themes in /Themes/ on the root of your SD card.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
For those that are having the following problems:
  • Application appears as 'Blend3r' instead of CHMM2 in Homebrew Launcher
  • 'Error: Can't open zip/file/other' due to non-ASCII characters
These are bugs in the current (2.8) version of the application. Until there is an update I recommend using the last version without these issues, which is 2.6. You can get this version from Rinnegatamante's website.

With 2.6 I'm able to install themes that use non-ASCII characters, the icons are correct, and the BGM swap issue also seems to not be present. If you do have other issues, I recommend setting a default theme, before using CHMM2.6 to install your custom theme.

Another note - 2.6 will look for themes in /Themes/ on the root of your SD card.

"With 2.6 I'm able to install themes that use non-ASCII characters" - this is impossible since lpp-3ds doesn't support characters other than ASCII.

roger miao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated CHMM to 2.8 through the cia file. After that I noticed that all the BGMs are quieter than the preview in CHMM and they are even quieter that system sounds. Is there any way to fix this or should I try downgrading CHMM?

Shuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sometimes when I use the shuffle theme feature the bgm won't restart.
It is not a problem of the theme since when I install it the BGM works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1