• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Dribblejam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may have found a fix for the black screen problem. For everyone getting this you need to delete you settings.bin file. It's likely you transferred it from 1.5.1 which is causing the problem. Deleted it and smash boots now.

R.Brasil

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I may have found a fix for the black screen problem. For everyone getting this you need to delete you settings.bin file. It's likely you transferred it from 1.5.1 which is causing the problem. Deleted it and smash boots now.
I wish it had solution for coins NSMBU and NSLU never appear for NVIDIA users like me.

Last edited by R.Brasil,

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still nothing for me. Got it once but usually just black forever after the initial popups. Tried deleting settings.bin, all shadercache, game save, etc. and nothing. Ugh. i52500k, Nvidia 970GTX

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EUR or USA?
WUD or Loadiine?

I tested ALL versions here and always i have black screen. :cry::cry:
I used EUR, loadiine, and Wii U Pro controller in input settings. (also had region set to USA in Cemu btw)

While it's not my video, I didn't initially have an issue booting Smash... After updating though as noted by @RHY3756547 you need to go into input settings, select -disabled-, save, select controller and save again to get past the black screen.

Dunno why Smash only gets stuck after updating and why you need to disconnect/disable your controllers to get past it for some reason, but theres been far stranger things in Cemu anyway. :P

Last edited by Darkemaste,

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great! Compatibility improvements are EVER welcome :)
Can't see when we can play these games too

Bayonetta 2
Game & Wario
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Party 10
Mario Tennis Ultra
Pokkén Tournament
Project Zero - Maiden of Black Water
Rayman Legends
Star Fox Zero
Wonderful 101
Yoshi's Wooly World

R.Brasil

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great! Compatibility improvements are EVER welcome :)
Can't see when we can play these games too

Bayonetta 2
Game & Wario
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Party 10
Mario Tennis Ultra
Pokkén Tournament
Project Zero - Maiden of Black Water
Rayman Legends
Star Fox Zero
Wonderful 101
Yoshi's Wooly World
In other words , he also thinks that the emulator need to move and start new games.foi what I said earlier that the version 1.5.2 left a little to be desired Cému team can do much more than that.

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used EUR, loadiine, and Wii U Pro controller in input settings. (also had region set to USA in Cemu btw)

While it's not my video, I didn't initially have an issue booting Smash... After updating though as noted by @RHY3756547 you need to go into input settings, select -disabled-, save, select controller and save again to get past the black screen.

Dunno why Smash only gets stuck after updating and why you need to disconnect/disable your controllers to get past it for some reason, but theres been far stranger things in Cemu anyway. :P

Nice, that was it!! Updated Smash has issues with Cemu input leading to black screens. At least we know the workaround.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In other words , he also thinks that the emulator need to move and start new games.foi what I said earlier that the version 1.5.2 left a little to be desired Cému team can do much more than that.

People just don't understand progress really - big feature like mipmapping + new AAA game like Smash in-game is huge for a iteration.

I want these people to go follow Xenia, Citra and rps3 emus (the best modern emus for their consoles) for a few month and then coming running back to the Cemu scene doing their best Wayne/Garth impression "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!".

Bahax FZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Finally works!!! thx!! :lol:

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, don't put words in my mouth...
I didn't say that
I'm grateful for the compatibility list ever growing
There's less games which don't run on each release, I just mentioned a few which I think will be supported soon :)

Last edited by shideravan,

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To all you guys who got Smash Bros to work, how many FPS did you get?
And how many FPS do you get in like, Mario Kart 8, or 3D World, for comparison purposes..

Just wondering if it's worth investing allot of time trying to make it work, only to find it playing at 3FPS. Then I'd rather wait for a later release with better support (no need for workarounds or different region, wub, wux or loadline testing and so on) and FPS.

ForboJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To all you guys who got Smash Bros to work, how many FPS did you get?
And how many FPS do you get in like, Mario Kart 8, or 3D World, for comparison purpose

3D World I get about 50-60 FPS except for some special levels which aren't necessary to play the game, where it drops to ~10.
Mario Kart runs at 60 FPS in time trail, ~45 in coop without bots and ~30 in cups with bots. The only videos of Smash Bros I have seen ran at about 15 FPS. There are several games who are already playable with minor glitches and drops and a lot wich either won't run or are just not fun atm.

Last edited by ForboJack,
Reactions: donkeyhigh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: