• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Exzap Are you thinking of - in the long run - having some form of async shader cache generation for Cemu or some other solution for the stuttering? The shader cache is a good thing but firstly, it's for naught when updating Cemu or gfx drivers and secondly, the first time playing (and encountering new stuff in the game) is always pretty much unenjoyable due to the massive stuttering. Any thoughts on that, yet?
No, async shader compilation would not work in CEMU for various technical reasons. There are other solutions, but they are all a nightmare to implement.

The shader cache that we currently have is actually more of a workaround until we have a proper solution (which will likely not happen in the next 1-2 years due to perfect shader emulation being required).
The next step would be to make the cached shaders device and version independent. This would allow users to compile and upload large shader caches for others to use.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This would require them being actually released or some press people caring about emulation. So we can conclude: no.
Meh, always disliked paper launches. I also doubt it would really make much of a difference though if any, since even modest GPU's perform pretty much the same as those with higher end GPUs on the compatibility list anyway.

Edit- Real talk though, the 1080 only has 5%-10% more performance over a 980Ti and can't overclock. Don't expect it to change anything in Cemu.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

Gundark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally!!!! I succeed to enter name in Xenoblade X. Unfortunately, it did froze after first achievement, but nevertheless it's outstanding progress. Thank you Exzap. Here's hope that in the next version you'll fix stretched textures on AMD cards.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Edit-
Finally!!!! I succeed to enter name in Xenoblade X. Unfortunately, it did froze after first achievement, but nevertheless it's outstanding progress. Thank you Exzap. Here's hope that in the next version you'll fix stretched textures on AMD cards.
That would be awesome. xD

Last edited by Darkemaste,

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind i managed to figure it out, if you ever crash from the new input gui, chances are it's from having too many installed controller device drivers! i had to remove about 10 drivers for it to work lol

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 50322
Cemu 1.5.0 public version has full DirectInput support :)
Thanks @Exzap

Do you have some dpi scaling setting turned on/off? I can't see the bottom row of buttons in win7.
zUntitled.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far