• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't activate Windows 10 with a 7/8/8.1 key. You have to upgrade and then clean install. Which is stupid I will admit.
But are you basing the "bugginess" of Windows 10 off of other people's experiences or yours? Most of the time people just parrot what other Windows 7 circlejerkers say and jump on the hate bandwagon.
(Which is what happened with 8, and 8.1 as well.)

Yea, already knew all of that since before end users could download it.

I make my own judgement. User information is used to test their bazaar and sometime utterly retarded problems. I admit a lot of them are the user.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, already knew all of that since before end users could download it.

I make my own judgement. User information is used to test their bazaar and sometime utterly retarded problems. I admit a lot of them are the user.
Oh. Sorry about my attitude earlier, then. I thought you were one of those sorts of Windows 7 fanboys that don't even bother to try the OS themselves.

XtremeHacker

Trophies
Website
www.insanelymac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Super mario maker on the machine in my sig get's to where the 8 bit marios say's "Lets go" than it seems to freeze I'll post a pic and any updates if I get it further NVM I've been told
no one got further and they're right:( I'm going to get a GTX 750 Ti can't wait for it + CEMU 1.0.3 when it's released:toot:
P.S. all hail pc master race :P:bow:

Last edited by XtremeHacker,

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Super mario maker on the machine in my sig get's to where the 8 bit marios say's "Lets go" than it seems to freeze I'll post a pic and any updates if I get it further
P.S. I did this on cemu 1.0.2
No, don't send pictures!! This is normal, it happened to everyone who tried SMM.

Also, what's up guys? This is not a 7 vs 10 thread.... but I gotta admit, I've both 7 and 10 right now, the technecial preview was as buggy as hell!! But the full version is the best! It fixes a lot of problems... so for me, 10 wins.:yay:

Reactions: canariobr

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
If I were to build a computer for someone I'd put Windows 7 on it, not 10. 10 is fine but it is still going through growing pains - I expect it to be fairly good once Threshold 3 or 4 is out, probably middle of next year.

(Posted on a Windows 10 laptop)

SleepingGuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Performance drops, explorer bugs (mostly gone now though), redundancy. Probably some more if I really want to go over everything again....

Emulation is a big one for me personally. I don't have the greatest computer in the world or anything, but Dolphin and PCSX2 run extremely well on 7 (with higher resolution settings I mean), where as on 10 they seem to be taking performance hits I'm not wanting. Not to mention stutter in some of my DX games on 10 (probably my ram), but they don't happen on 7.

Also, GTA V runs better on 7 for me.
How exactly was your difference from 7 to 10 on dolphin? I ran dolphin from 7(last month) to 10 barely had encountered any difference

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How exactly was your difference from 7 to 10 on dolphin? I ran dolphin from 7(last month) to 10 barely had encountered any difference
I get microstutter and slightly lower FPS on Zelda games, NSMB (this game works spectacular on 7 for me :( ), and StarFox Assault . I guess it could be driver related, but the Windows 7 drivers performed the same on 10 as the drivers for 10.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i have Windows 10 here, actually plays most games better actually, i felt CS:GO had a noticeable performance boost on Windows 10 after using Windows 7 and 8.1, and my PC GTX 960 Overclocked and maybe it is just the emulator uses DX12 which is Windows 10 exclusive and that's why it would not work on older versions of Windows, and hopefully this emulator will be able to get past the controller screen on Zelda the Wind Waker and will at least be playable by the time Zelda Wii U comes out, nice efforts so far. Also will this emulator be ported to OpenGL for Linux and OSX? Thanks

Last edited by ironmaster49,

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
So? Windows 10 is newer and doesn't work as well. Linux has been around for even longer and works good too. Time is merely one factor.

I'll let you continue with your logic though.
Newer != worse.

That would be like saying the Aston Martin DB10 is worse than the Volvo 240.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, Linux is old but good, but it is constantly maintained and updated as well, so that is why it matches today's standards. If you were to try a 90s version of Linux or early 2000s Linux and said its still good today, then no. So is windows, it is simply modern because of upgrades, but they are handled in a different manner, Microsoft tries to sell us new features and upgrades so makes separate versions for them, but for Linux its just rolling release except for some distros such as Ubuntu and Debian, and some program and kernel updates provide new features for them as well. In short they are similar in their functionality but they have different program and update policies.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, Linux is old but good, but it is constantly maintained and updated as well, so that is why it matches today's standards. If you were to try a 90s version of Linux or early 2000s Linux and said its still good today, then no. So is windows, it is simply modern because of upgrades, but they are handled in a different manner, Microsoft tries to sell us new features and upgrades so makes separate versions for them, but for Linux its just rolling release except for some distros such as Ubuntu and Debian, and some program and kernel updates provide new features for them as well. In short they are similar in their functionality but they have different program and update policies.
Computers.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm just not a moron like you apparently are. And I am on Windows 10, tool.

I never said it doesn't work fine either. I said it's not as good as Windows 7. That statement doesn't even mean it can't become better than 7. Idiots. I like how people just add words to sentences and make it mean something entirely different. :3 Maybe you don't understand what "as well" means.

Continue to delude yourselves. You guys remind me of retarded Apple fanboys.

I like how you compare them to Apple fanboys. Especially considering they aren't wrong. Your opinion is yours.. but I gotta say... the comparisons between 7 and 10 usually favor the latter. Windows 10 expands on what 8 brought us and fixes what it broke. It's faster, sleeker, and slimmer than 7. Not hard to do some research on the matter. I'd bet you that everything would run much smoother if you did a clean install. Just saying..

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, this post is about a Wii U emulator, not windows versions. The only reason why this will only work on Windows 10 is because currently this project is built on DirectX 12, which is Windows 10 exclusive, the dev may port his emulator to run on OpenGL and older versions of DirectX so it will work on other versions of Windows and possibly OS X and Linux as well.

EDIT: i found this is also opengl 3.3 only and that works on windows 7 as well, sorry about that, was just a little outdated on the cemu information

Kristiqn5

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, this post is about a Wii U emulator, not windows versions. The only reason why this will only work on Windows 10 is because currently this project is built on DirectX 12, which is Windows 10 exclusive, the dev may port his emulator to run on OpenGL and older versions of DirectX so it will work on other versions of Windows and possibly OS X and Linux as well.

EDIT: i found this is also opengl 3.3 only and that works on windows 7 as well, sorry about that, was just a little outdated on the cemu information
I think you were talking about the other emulator "decaf emu" which is dx12 currently , this one is opengl
and yeah, people went too much offtopic :/

Reactions: ironmaster49

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Requires OpenGL 3.3
    • Tested on NVIDIA: Runs fine on most recent driver
    • Tested on Intel: Garbled output but runs if OpenGL version is supported
    • Does not work on AMD GPUs (black screen).
2083935_1318934096327.0res_350_300.jpg

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like how you compare them to Apple fanboys. Especially considering they aren't wrong. Your opinion is yours.. but I gotta say... the comparisons between 7 and 10 usually favor the latter. Windows 10 expands on what 8 brought us and fixes what it broke. It's faster, sleeker, and slimmer than 7. Not hard to do some research on the matter. I'd bet you that everything would run much smoother if you did a clean install. Just saying..
I am running a clean install. Lol. I'm sorry my "opinion" matches my real world results *shrug*

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, i think she said she isnt into gaming