• Views 7,201,486
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah pretty much the same results as me with my FX 8320, I'm guessing he has GPU accuracy on default or high, probably using Wii U Pro controller instead of the gamepad, and him being on a course with the MK8 AMD GPU-specific spectator bug (that hurts performance) isn't helping either.
He should do another video with gpu buffer cache on low, using the gamepad, and on a course without the spectator bug. (such as Thwomp Ruins, Cloudtop Cruise, SNS Rainbow Road, etc.)

Using the Pro Controller lowers performance?

lightofhonor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1080p test on a few levels. 1700X @ 3.8ghz, 2666mhz DDR4 RAM, Gamepad, GPU Cache Low.

Looks like the CPU just doesn't run the code optimally. Not sure if it's a CPU/Windows/Cemu issue though, but hopefully it gets better :)

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryzen from what i heard isn't that fast per core kinda like the FX series so it has trouble running intense emulators.
True but everything I've read shows that IPC clock for clock is at least as good as haswell. And a haswell i5 should be able to play the game full speed.

I wonder if it's his GPU, R9 380. He wouldn't be the only person to report lower than average performance with an amd gpu. https://gbatemp.net/threads/cemu-and-xcx-not-running-as-good-as-i-heard.457595/

lightofhonor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True but everything I've read shows that IPC clock for clock is at least as good as haswell. And a haswell i5 should be able to play the game full speed.

I wonder if it's his GPU, R9 380. He wouldn't be the only person to report lower than average performance with an amd gpu. https://gbatemp.net/threads/cemu-and-xcx-not-running-as-good-as-i-heard.457595/
Quite possible. Latest patreon build seems to help somewhat, more of a 50-60fps now.

Only spare GPU is another AMD so I can't test to see if that's the cause. Performance is "good enough" for now. Hopefully whatever the bottleneck is can be fixed. :)

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else getting a fuzzy screen when they try and play Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? I get the main menu, and it asks me for controls, but as soon as I get passed that part, it goes fuzzy. I hear new music, but I can't see anything really except noise. This happens on both 1.63 and 1.7. Havn't tried anything later yet.

Last edited by blazed1979,

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting a fuzzy screen when they try and play Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? I get the main menu, and it asks me for controls, but as soon as what I assume is the playable part starts, it goes fuzzy. This happens on both 1.63 and 1.7. Havn't tried anything later yet.
It's been a while but I think you are talking about the intro video? If that's the case then that's normal. Cemu doesn't yet support videos.

EDIT: Maybe we need a FAQ? Seems a lot of people are always asking about videos and about viewing the gamepad screen. I wonder if new users would actually read it though?

Last edited by Xalphenos,

Failrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my gamepad mappings to stick. It used to work. If i export it doesn't save and sometimes it even clears my mapping while i'm playing. =( On the flip side the performance seems perfect once the caching is complete. I only have a core i3 and a gtx 950 so good job!

Znakemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone else getting a fuzzy screen when they try and play Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? I get the main menu, and it asks me for controls, but as soon as I get passed that part, it goes fuzzy. I hear new music, but I can't see anything really except noise. This happens on both 1.63 and 1.7. Havn't tried anything later yet.

Just leave the window hanging while you do something else, once the intro is over you can play the game, the intro is 2.5 minutes long. If you want to watch the intro and outro to the game just look them up on youtube.

Apel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I uploaded the video. GPU cache is on low. Disabling SMT boosts framerates up a bit, but still not a locked 60. Main thread pegs at 100% utilization, rendering at 1080p doesn't seem to affect anything so it's definitely the CPU. Overclocking the RAM helped a bit.

Will try overclocking more sometime soon, but doubt 100-200mhz will do much. If there is something else I should try, let me know!

Could You disable 4 cores and Test Mario Kart again please?
Maybe it's because of the CCX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8