• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
@AboodXD It's 64 bit because of 32 bit limitations, not just performance and wii u is much more powerful than wii snd please note I'm being nice everyone else will quote you give many more reasons and say "Get a new lappy". So just delete your comment for your own sake.
I understand.
Also, I stated if they won't give me money for a new laptop, then they should stop saying "buy a new laptop". :)

Kristiqn5

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, what's up? I have a 32bit laptop, and whoever says buy a new 64bit laptop, give me the money and move the files for me! If you won't then shut up, Dolphin works at 100% speed on my laptop! At 300x200 resolution.....(or something like that) :P
Hey, @Exzap, decreasing the game resolution would really give the emulator a huge boost! Let the user choose the resolution, like in Dolphin! ;) That way we may get the games running at a good speed on 32bit PCs.
I second that, making lower resolution "WILL" increase fps a lot, just like in dolphin, setting the highest possible eats a lot of the performance, while setting like 640x480 will give you full speed
@Exzap you should try to do this in the next release , just like he said " decreasing the game resolution would really give the emulator a huge boost! "
While currently its locked at 1080p

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
I second that, making lower resolution "WILL" increase fps a lot, just like in dolphin, setting the highest possible eats a lot of the performance, while setting like 640x480 will give you full speed
@Exzap you should try to do this in the next release , just like he said " decreasing the game resolution would really give the emulator a huge boost! "
While currently its locked at 1080p

Well I guess it's not that easy to give this option, it's not like Wii U games are designed to support multiple resolutions.

Reactions: XtremeHacker

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have read the everything here and you all act like old bitter men have the time but at the dev who is making this please do not optimize for nvidia whatever you do just don't it's a bad idea and will lead to poor performance for all other gpu's also the guy who is making the rpcs3 emulator wrote a direct x 12 back end render and it helped push the project farther faster as the performance boost was epic he went from 2d games to 3d games with a api change so maybe ask him for help with a direct x 12 render i think you will get farther much faster for all systems not just nvidiot mustard race

Bellebite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fury x is now past the 980ti in speed lol so yes i will enjoy my gpu

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti-vs-AMD-R9-Fury-X/3439vs3498
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/the-sapphire-fury-x-vs-the-evga-gtx-980-ti-sc-showdown-2/6/

Unfortunately, the lackluster Fury X performance at less than 4K resolution, the minimal 4GB framebuffer that depends on AMD drivers to manage that may not work well for CrossFireX at 4K, the hot running Fiji chip with little overclocking headroom, and the lack of quality control with a noisy pump, are negatives that accumulate for a general non-recommendation at even $650 at this moment in time.

And the list is long, make your research... And all of this using HBM... Lol... What a revolution! Nvidia is master race now, and Pascal will be another direct punch in the suckers still believing in AMD... Ati had the decency to make OK cards at least...

Final point being... How is Cemu running on your AMD super card?

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti-vs-AMD-R9-Fury-X/3439vs3498
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/the-sapphire-fury-x-vs-the-evga-gtx-980-ti-sc-showdown-2/6/

Unfortunately, the lackluster Fury X performance at less than 4K resolution, the minimal 4GB framebuffer that depends on AMD drivers to manage that may not work well for CrossFireX at 4K, the hot running Fiji chip with little overclocking headroom, and the lack of quality control with a noisy pump, are negatives that accumulate for a general non-recommendation at even $650 at this moment in time.

And the list is long, make your research... And all of this using HBM... Lol... What a revolution! Nvidia is master race now, and Pascal will be another direct punch in the suckers still believing in AMD... Ati had the decency to make OK cards at least...

Final point being... How is Cemu running on your AMD super card?

Attachments

• BVtaV.jpg
    BVtaV.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 468

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Well I guess it's not that easy to give this option, it's not like Wii U games are designed to support multiple resolutions.
It's not like Wii games are designed to support multiple resolutions either.... but dolphin does all the work, and that's how cemu should be!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linux is not a place for gaming as newest performance numbers prove it's worse than windows 10 in gaming
You do realize that's because most games don't support OpenGL, right? In the case of source games (Half-Life, Team Fortress 2, etc) they actually run better on Linux than their Windows counterparts because they weren't half assedly ported over. When/if Vulcan takes off the situation will change drastically (assuming devs begin to use it).

On topic (so mods don't delete my post) : the website says Cemu runs on Windows 7+ but long time lurking the thread tells me it's only 10. Is it using DX12 or can I run it on 8.1?

D

Deletedmember375690

You do realize that's because most games don't support OpenGL, right? In the case of source games (Half-Life, Team Fortress 2, etc) they actually run better on Linux than their Windows counterparts because they weren't half assedly ported over. When/if Vulcan takes off the situation will change drastically (assuming devs begin to use it).

On topic (so mods don't delete my post) : the website says Cemu runs on Windows 7+ but long time lurking the thread tells me it's only 10. Is it using DX12 or can I run it on 8.1?

I can run the emulator perfectly fine on Windows 8

Reactions: mutinize
D

Deletedmember375690

Heh excellent, I'm going to start playing around with it then. Thank you.

edit: also welcome to gbatemp.

Thanks, do you know any other places to get more info on this project? I found the site and the reddit, but there is no info on any new releases.
I thought Exzap posted here that the new release would come out yesterday...

Reactions: Kristiqn5

Bellebite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, do you know any other places to get more info on this project? I found the site and the reddit, but there is no info on any new releases.
I thought Exzap posted here that the new release would come out yesterday...

He never mentioned that. Grab a dictionary, and look at the meaning of the word "around". Hopefully you have other things to do in your life than waiting for an emu in super alpha state (but still amazing, don't get me wrong) that won't still run anything at this stage anyway...

D

Deletedmember375690

He never mentioned that. Grab a dictionary, and look at the meaning of the word "around". Hopefully you have other things to do in your life than waiting for an emu in super alpha state (but still amazing, don't get me wrong) that won't still run anything at this stage anyway...

Couldn't find back the message myself, thanks for finding it at least.
I just like to follow the progress this emulator makes.
A few games already seem to work somewhat, which I find very impressive.

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next Cemu update will take a little longer than usual. Expect a release around Wednesday.
I am currently in the process of rewriting a large part of the rendering backend. The old code was based on a lot of guesswork and shortcuts and some of it turned out to be wrong. It was also very inflexible and hard to maintain whereas the new backend is very modular and easily expandable. More info about that in the upcoming release post.
- exzap 2015 page 65. lrn2trll

Reactions: XtremeHacker

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
It's not like Wii games are designed to support multiple resolutions either.... but dolphin does all the work, and that's how cemu should be!

Dolphin is a much more advanced emulator, I didn't say this feature should never be developed in the future, but I don't believe it's CEMU developers first problem right now.

However the guy above (didn't take the nickname, sorry) has a point: Wii U games indeed support multiple resolutions through the settings. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...