1. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

United Arab Emirates
    I understand.
    Also, I stated if they won't give me money for a new laptop, then they should stop saying "buy a new laptop". :)

2. gamesquest1
    This message by gamesquest1 has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 18, 2015 Show
  3. Kristiqn5

Kristiqn5 GBAtemp Fan

I second that, making lower resolution "WILL" increase fps a lot, just like in dolphin, setting the highest possible eats a lot of the performance, while setting like 640x480 will give you full speed
    @Exzap you should try to do this in the next release , just like he said " decreasing the game resolution would really give the emulator a huge boost! "
    While currently its locked at 1080p

4. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Allowing a user to choose input will increase performance, and allowing AMD Graphics Cards to work will increase performance for those with AMD!

5. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    Well I guess it's not that easy to give this option, it's not like Wii U games are designed to support multiple resolutions.

XtremeHacker likes this.
  6. Bellebite

Bellebite Member
    Newcomer

Right, won't make it better for people using a 3DFX or a Banshee...

7. Wardoctors

Wardoctors Gamedev1909
    Banned

Canada
    i have read the everything here and you all act like old bitter men have the time but at the dev who is making this please do not optimize for nvidia whatever you do just don't it's a bad idea and will lead to poor performance for all other gpu's also the guy who is making the rpcs3 emulator wrote a direct x 12 back end render and it helped push the project farther faster as the performance boost was epic he went from 2d games to 3d games with a api change so maybe ask him for help with a direct x 12 render i think you will get farther much faster for all systems not just nvidiot mustard race

8. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    Sure they are, you can set the native resolution all the way down to 360p in the Wii U Settings Menu

9. Bellebite
    This message by Bellebite has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 18, 2015 Show
  10. Bahax FZ
    This message by Bahax FZ has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 18, 2015 Show
  11. Wardoctors
    This message by Wardoctors has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 19, 2015 Show
  12. Monado_III
    This message by Monado_III has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 19, 2015 Show
  13. RHY3756547
    This message by RHY3756547 has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 19, 2015 Show
  14. Wardoctors

Wardoctors Gamedev1909
    Banned

Canada
    linux is not a place for gaming as newest performance numbers prove it's worse than windows 10 in gaming

Bahax FZ and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  15. TotalInsanity4
    This message by TotalInsanity4 has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 19, 2015 Show
  16. Bellebite
    This message by Bellebite has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 19, 2015 Show
  17. Wardoctors
    This message by Wardoctors has been removed from public view by Veho, Nov 19, 2015.
    Nov 19, 2015 Show
  18. Bellebite

Bellebite Member
    Newcomer

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti-vs-AMD-R9-Fury-X/3439vs3498
    http://www.babeltechreviews.com/the-sapphire-fury-x-vs-the-evga-gtx-980-ti-sc-showdown-2/6/

Unfortunately, the lackluster Fury X performance at less than 4K resolution, the minimal 4GB framebuffer that depends on AMD drivers to manage that may not work well for CrossFireX at 4K, the hot running Fiji chip with little overclocking headroom, and the lack of quality control with a noisy pump, are negatives that accumulate for a general non-recommendation at even $650 at this moment in time.

And the list is long, make your research... And all of this using HBM... Lol... What a revolution! Nvidia is master race now, and Pascal will be another direct punch in the suckers still believing in AMD... Ati had the decency to make OK cards at least...

Final point being... How is Cemu running on your AMD super card?

19. Wardoctors
    Nov 19, 2015 Show
  20. Wardoctors

Wardoctors Gamedev1909
    Banned

Canada

Attached Files:

21. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

United Arab Emirates
    It's not like Wii games are designed to support multiple resolutions either.... but dolphin does all the work, and that's how cemu should be!

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  22. mutinize

mutinize dazed and confused

United States
    You do realize that's because most games don't support OpenGL, right? In the case of source games (Half-Life, Team Fortress 2, etc) they actually run better on Linux than their Windows counterparts because they weren't half assedly ported over. When/if Vulcan takes off the situation will change drastically (assuming devs begin to use it).

On topic (so mods don't delete my post) : the website says Cemu runs on Windows 7+ but long time lurking the thread tells me it's only 10. Is it using DX12 or can I run it on 8.1?

23. I can run the emulator perfectly fine on Windows 8

mutinize likes this.
  24. mutinize

mutinize dazed and confused

United States
    Heh excellent, I'm going to start playing around with it then. Thank you.

edit: also welcome to gbatemp.

25. Thanks, do you know any other places to get more info on this project? I found the site and the reddit, but there is no info on any new releases.
    I thought Exzap posted here that the new release would come out yesterday...

Kristiqn5 likes this.
  26. Bellebite

Bellebite Member
    Newcomer

He never mentioned that. Grab a dictionary, and look at the meaning of the word "around". Hopefully you have other things to do in your life than waiting for an emu in super alpha state (but still amazing, don't get me wrong) that won't still run anything at this stage anyway...

27. Couldn't find back the message myself, thanks for finding it at least.
    I just like to follow the progress this emulator makes.
    A few games already seem to work somewhat, which I find very impressive.

28. Growlith1223

Growlith1223 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    - exzap 2015 page 65. lrn2trll

XtremeHacker likes this.
  29. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    Dolphin is a much more advanced emulator, I didn't say this feature should never be developed in the future, but I don't believe it's CEMU developers first problem right now.

However the guy above (didn't take the nickname, sorry) has a point: Wii U games indeed support multiple resolutions through the settings. :)

30. mustafag32g

mustafag32g GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    Any good news exzap :D ?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], emulator,