James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
I need help!

I have a N3DS in 9.0 firmware.

I created a new EmuNand with 9.7 gateway in order to update it to 10.3 (or 10.4 now)

I have menuhax with ctrbootmanager set up to start cakefw.

When I do, after enable emunand i try to boot CFW but it gets me back to menu hax looping until it crash.

Anyone sharing this problem? Any possible solutions? Thank you.
Wait...you reinstall emunand with latest gateway to support fw xx.xx.xx ...emunand support is by cfw not remakeihg it
,the problem is your nands are link so emunand will load sysnand theme which will reactivate menuhax making it go in a loop

Last edited by James310,

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Many thanks for your contribution.
I've never tried porting the reboot patches myself (only b1l1s has done that), so I can't give you any tips about it (other than that you should try examining firmware_patched.bin to make sure everything was patched correctly), unfortunately.
I might look into it at a later date.
Lol... I'm embarassed now, but forget what I said. That actually works! I mistakenly pasted one offset from the .txt I used to calculate them to the code. Also I found the offsets for the slot0x25 (which I can't test, as I have a 9.2 console.
Code:
aes_setkey: 0x08056574
aes_unk: 0x0805EA48

0x0801A4B0 
0x080282F8

Reactions: mid-kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol... I'm embarassed now, but forget what I said. That actually works! I mistakenly pasted one offset from the .txt I used to calculate them to the code. Also I found the offsets for the slot0x25 (which I can't test, as I have a 9.2 console.
Code:
aes_setkey: 0x08056574
aes_unk: 0x0805EA48

0x0801A4B0
0x080282F8
How do you get these offsets anyways?

GamerScotty9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can Someone help the code.bin doesn't launch with browser or hblauncher but the Cakes.dat opens but stays on a black screen similar to rxtools but rxtools .dat file wants to work but this doesn't. Can you help me?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
What should I do if I get the message failed to decrypt firmware.bin? I am on n3ds 10.4 and believe I have placed everything in the right place.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
@mid-kid
So, i did try out the emunand selector :)
Had to make a second emunand and set it up, gone through the whole stuff etc...

But in the end i have sysnand 9.2 (White theme) and 2 unlinked emunands on 10.4 (I call Emunand 1: Blue Emunand (Blue theme) and Emunand 2: Black Emunand (Black theme)
Works nice, but this way you can't autoboot if you like to select an emunand :P

My question is:
Is it possible to have 2 boot entries so we can setup ctrbootmanager to have 2 Cakes entries "Cakes Blue Emunand" and another entry "Cakes Black Emunand"

For example:
- Entry 1 boots cakes.dat from ctrbootmanager and uses standard Cakes config.dat file (maybe have it called (emuconfig1.dat) to boot Emunand 1
- Entry 2 boots \3ds\cakes\cakes.3dsx from ctrbootmanager and is modified to use (for example) emuconfig2.dat and that is set to autoboot Emunand 2

Or use 2 hombrew launchers:
- Entry 1 boots \3ds\cakes\cakes1.3dsx from ctrbootmanager and is modified to use (for example) emuconfig1.dat and that is set to autoboot Emunand 1
- Entry 2 boots \3ds\cakes\cakes2.3dsx from ctrbootmanager and is modified to use (for example) emuconfig2.dat and that is set to autoboot Emunand 2

I'm no coder, i don't know if cakes.3dsx calls cakes.dat (in that case you need a secondary cakes.dat :P ) to boot cakes, i don't even understand code, so i'm just asking if it's possible

Last edited by DjoeN,

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
oh kay I've had issues with it as well with both code.bin and and cakes.dat but rxtools.dat works no code.bin works for me
Well I changed the files again and got the message that the firmware.bin is probably not supported by cakes..but I downloaded the one suggested for 10.4 a few pages back, which is weird :S.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 5GB for one episode
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol I can watch it free
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it +2