Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Not as of now, but you're right I should add some text on the screen which tells you so, to avoid confusion with nightlies.
Yeap because i haven't been on scene for a few weeks and apparantly you can update to 10.4 emunand. It was just a thought because I'm pretty sure my build is okay but just incase if there was someone there with an old build that doesn't support 10.4 emunand or something.

It'll be an effective preemptive strike agaisnt people asking if their cakesFW supports 10.4 and whatnot

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeap because i haven't been on scene for a few weeks and apparantly you can update to 10.4 emunand. It was just a thought because I'm pretty sure my build is okay but just incase if there was someone there with an old build that doesn't support 10.4 emunand or something.

It'll be an effective preemptive strike agaisnt people asking if their cakesFW supports 10.4 and whatnot

Please stop this meme. Ever since 9.6+ emuNAND support was introduced for n3ds (build 105) it's supported 10.4 emuNAND too. There's no specific build that started supporting 10.4, all that supported 10.3 support 10.4. The difference between current stable and current nightly is that the nightly supports 10.4 __NATIVE_FIRM__. This isn't a requirement for running 10.4 emuNAND. The stable still uses 10.2 NATIVE_FIRM (it's the firmware.bin linked in the OP).

Last edited by mid-kid,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the effort, still not working.

Rough translation:
- Can't correctly execute program (0c000007b) click OK to close application
Sorry man, don't know what else to say. It works 100% for me :unsure:
Just in case heres the x64 version but thats probably not the problem.
Plus I think we've derailed the thread enough with this now.

Attachments

• armips64_0.8.zip
    263.6 KB · Views: 189

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry man, don't know what else to say. It works 100% for me :unsure:
Just in case heres the x64 version but thats probably not the problem.
Plus I think we've derailed the thread enough with this now.
No problem won't derail it any further ;)
will test it as soon as i'm home :) thanks for the effort ;)

[EDIT 1]
Renamed armips64.exe to armips.exe, tested and working without errors :)
Compiled CakesCFW without problems
Thanks

[EDIT 2]
Well it seems armips (32bit) didn't work cause i used the 64bit dll's, it's now working with the correct dll's :), Compiled CakesCFW without problems :)

So thanks again

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: Sev501

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Note: I've just bricked my console by being pretty stupid. Should take a few weeks before I can fix it (gives me a great excuse to finally do that hard mod), if I even manage to do so. Until then, development of CakesFW is pretty much dead (unless someone else wants to do something).

Last edited by mid-kid,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Note: I've just bricked my console by being pretty stupid. Should take a few weeks before I can fix it (gives me a great excuse to finally do that hard mod), if I even manage to do so. Until then, development of CakesFW is pretty much dead (unless someone else wants to do something).
Ah shit, that really sucks man. There must be someone nearby who can do a quick mod for you?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

Suxs indeed, But if you ever consider, i don't mind donating a bit for a new one ;)

Reactions: peteruk

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah shit, that really sucks man. There must be someone nearby who
do a quick mod for you?

The problem is that I don't have the tools nor experience, have to wait for someone I know to lend me them, and practice a bit first.
I'm a bit weary of meeting people online in real life, so I prefer not doing that. Though if someone with know-how, tools, and a bit of time is nearby Amsterdam, I might consider.

Suxs indeed, But if you ever consider, i don't mind donating a bit for a new one ;)

I really prefer not doing that. In the worst case I can buy a new one myself.

Last edited by mid-kid,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is that I don't have the tools nor experience, have to wait for someone I know to lend me them, and practice a bit first.
I'm a bit weary of meeting people online in real life, so I prefer not doing that. Though if someone with know-how, tools, and a bit of time is nearby Amsterdam, I might consider..
I don't really blame you, I have the tools and some experience yet I'm still reluctant to open my console up.
I know there's someone in UK and maybe France who offers the hard mod service, not sure about Amsterdam.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
correct me if i'm wrong: (and let me know if i can ask/post this (no url is given and i'm just asking if i'm correct))

O3DS/2DS
- /00000049 -> firmware.bin 9.6.0
- /00000050 -> firmware.bin 10.4.0

N3DS
- /0000001B -> firmware.bin 10.2.0
- /0000001F -> firmware.bin 10.4.0

To be able to use NTR i need firmware.bin 10.2? i suppose that's for N3DS only :) as there's no firmware.bin for 10.2.0 for O3DS?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
correct me if i'm wrong: (and let me know if i can ask/post this (no url is given and i'm just asking if i'm correct))

O3DS/2DS
- /00000049 -> firmware.bin 9.6.0
- /00000050 -> firmware.bin 10.4.0

N3DS
- /0000001B -> firmware.bin 10.2.0
- /0000001F -> firmware.bin 10.4.0

To be able to use NTR i need firmware.bin 10.2? i suppose that's for N3DS only :) as there's no firmware.bin for 10.2.0 for O3DS?

For o3ds you should use 9.6 (unless NTR starts supporting 10.4). And yes, there is a 10.2 firmware for o3ds, Cakes just doesn't support it.
As for a version list, look in the Cakes source for the ones supported by cakes, and 3dbrew has a nice list of o3ds firmwares with their versions.

Last edited by mid-kid,
Reactions: DjoeN

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For o3ds you should use 9.6 (unless NTR starts supporting 10.4). And yes, there is a 10.2 firmware for o3ds, Cakes just doesn't support it.
As for a version list, look in the Cakes source for the ones supported by cakes, and 3dbrew has a nice list of o3ds firmwares with their versions.
Can I update to the latest nightly and still use 10.2 firmware.bin, or am I required to use the 10.4 one?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I update to the latest nightly and still use 10.2 firmware.bin, or am I required to use the 10.4 one?
Features right now:
  • Supports multiple NATIVE_FIRM versions (see this for an explanation).
It's been one of the main features of cakes for a long time. Ever noticed how many different subfolders there are in the patches folder? (I want to restructure the format to fit all the different versions inside a single cake, because it's ugly for redistribution as it is currently. Current draft for the new format: here)

Last edited by mid-kid,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's been one of the main features of cakes for a long time. Ever noticed how many different subfolders there are in the patches folder? (I want to restructure the format to fit all the different versions inside a single cake, because it's ugly for redistribution as it is currently. Current draft for the new format: here)
Thanks dude, it's been a long time since I read the OP. I've been using CakesFW since the beginning, I only read the nightly changelogs nowadays and have forgotten that was a core feature.

I hope someone finally jumps on board the CakesFW train and helps you out by contributing while you get your hardware sorted.

Paging @Aurora Wright. If you are able to contribute more, please do so!

Reactions: Arithmatics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Goodnight