Homebrew [Release] Bread Box (C64 Emulator)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
mayhem_test.png

If I ever figure out why disk changing in crashing the next update, it will be New 3DS only I'm afraid. If anyone doesn't like that or mentions "Vice" please go away and don't come back. Vice would also need to be New 3DS only because 200mhz is no where near fast enough for cycle exact emulation.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mayhem_test.png

If I ever figure out why disk changing in crashing the next update, it will be New 3DS only I'm afraid. If anyone doesn't like that or mentions "Vice" please go away and don't come back. Vice would also need to be New 3DS only because 200mhz is no where near fast enough for cycle exact emulation.
My english is not the best, but if I understand you right, your update runs on n3ds only? Please let me try (my system is n3ds).

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it's almost solved. There does seem to be an issue still, but it can be avoided by no placing any games files in the root of the card. So as long as the .d64 files are in a folder it's running ok.
That sounds promising. When is a publication to be expected?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
You can give it a try now if you like.

http://socoder.net/uploads/124/BreadBox2_27_08_17.zip

But remember it might not work right and as it's running at 804mhz it'll drain your battery quite quickly.
Its only real use is for games that need cycle exact emulation such as mayhem in monsterland. So it really is a waste of time unless you want to play that.

I recommend if you play mayhem, assign one of the face buttons to 'up', it'll make it a lot easier to play.

Last edited by spinal_cord,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can give it a try now if you like.

http://socoder.net/uploads/124/BreadBox2_27_08_17.zip

But remember it might not work right and as it's running at 804mhz it'll drain your battery quite quickly.
Its only real use is for games that need cycle exact emulation such as mayhem in monsterland. So it really is a waste of time unless you want to play that.

I recommend if you play mayhem, assign one of the face buttons to 'up', it'll make it a lot easier to play.
Thank you for the file. I´ve tried it out, but unfortunately no game can be loaded, also not mayhem in monsterland. There is always a crash with the error-message: An exeption occured......... btw I like the new logo at the top screen.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Thank you for the file. I´ve tried it out, but unfortunately no game can be loaded, also not mayhem in monsterland. There is always a crash with the error-message: An exeption occured......... btw I like the new logo at the top screen.
I forgot to add a couple of files.
You need c64 folder on your sd containing prefs.ini I for got to add that to the zip.
Also see the first post about extracting your dsp.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
c64-folder and the prefs.ini inside already exists since breadbox1, also dsp.
For breadbox2 I had to change the entries in the prefs.ini. (path assignments back to the c64 folder, which always caused a crash at breadbox1) Castle Wolfenstein only starts with the command "LOAD"*",8,1", but is not playable. Games with speech output, like impossible mission or space taxi, caused also crashes. I´ve tried with both, fast and true drive emulation, but perhaps it´s a problem of frodo itself.

Last edited by Muxi,

MightyJAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you can get this working, love the C64. Currently every PRG I throw at it causes a crash.

Another issue, the .cia version seems to have the same TitleID as the US release of Project X Zone.

Last edited by MightyJAK,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist