Homebrew [Release] Bread Box (C64 Emulator)

arquillos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anoyone had luck with this two games:

- Chuckie egg. When the first level starts the game freeze. Tried many different versions
- Miner 2049er: I can past the first level. Then the level "disolves" to black and it hangs :(

Any solution?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Cia version crashes all time

It sure does. I don't know why, it never used to. I genuinely believe it has something to do with modern CFW's, as some people are reporting that it works fine, that along with the fact that older versions of the cia also don't work on my n3ds, when they indeed used to.

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Hey Spinal Cord,
imho (from why I experience with my breadbox installation and from what I read here in the forum), current version of breadbox is broken beyond repair.
Will there be an update at all or is this project dead for good?
It would be a pity because breadbox is the only C64 emulator out there for 3DS ...

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
After this emulator is seemingly not supported anymore, I gave it a shot to port VICE to the 3DS. Yesterday, I released the first alpha version and would be happy about any feedback. Check it out here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-vice3ds-c64-emulator.534830/

1.jpg

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote a small hello world program on Bread Box, and tried saving it, (Save "test",8) but my 3DS crashed. Anyone know what went wrong?
Also, Thanks for the c64 port!
This project is dead, bro, and was NEVER as good as @Badda 's vice64 port. Use that to write your program. Or better yet, write it in Vice on the PC and transfer the .d64 file to your 3DS afterwords to run it in vice.

@arquillos did you ever try those 2 games in vice? It has nearly perfect compatibility, as far as I can tell. If you have any problem games, just see that you have true drive emulation (slow, but so was loading things on the real C64) turned on.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Badda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-