Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what was your previous arm9loaderhax.bin? Keep in mind the instructions make it quite clear to rename your current 'arm9loaderhax.bin' to 'arm9payload.bin'
well the instructions seem to have illuded me, and now i'm fucked xD
I'll go grab a new bin and try again

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not make a script on another language? Python perhaps?
That also implies that the general user has python installed. Windows users will always be able to run batch files out of the box and mac/linux users will always have bash/zsh out of the box.
And I'm not as familiar with python scripts but I'll look into switching it to python when I manage to stop playing fallout

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
That also implies that the general user has python installed. Windows users will always be able to run batch files out of the box and mac/linux users will always have bash/zsh out of the box.
And I'm not as familiar with python scripts but I'll look into switching it to python when I manage to stop playing fallout

Pretty much everyone with devkitARM has Python, but I see your point. I just wanted to have one unified script for all OS', but that is fine as well, as long as both scripts accept the same input, output, and behave pretty much the same way

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a new 3ds
What if nintendo changes the key?
Will i be able to update?

Is it possible to load a video with this?

Thanks

Last edited by lucks,

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Would this be ever possible with Homemenuhax...? For us waiting Gatewait Team solution for A9LH...
It'd actually be even easier to do it for Homemenuhax. However, it is not my intention right now to support it.

BTW, if you are patient enough to Gatewait™ you'll be able to wait till I'm done with this. Maybe I'll move on to Homemenuhax, I dunno.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
It'd actually be even easier to do it for Homemenuhax. However, it is not my intention right now to support it.

BTW, if you are patient enough to Gatewait™ you'll be able to wait till I'm done with this. Maybe I'll move on to Homemenuhax, I dunno.
I'm sure that you'll be fastest than Gateway Team, yeah, I'll wait for it ;) and thanks!

Vexelius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First of all, thank you for this new tool, and thanks to @Docmudkipz for making a script to convert the GIF files easily!
This is my first attempt to make a boot animation, inspired in the NEO-GEO startup sequence:

D2fCymP.gif

Attachments

• 3DSNKTop.gif
    3DSNKTop.gif
    53.5 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by Vexelius,
Reactions: TVL

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
First of all, thank you for this new tool, and thanks to @Docmudkipz for making a script to convert the GIF files easily!
This is my first attempt to make a boot animation, inspired in the NEO-GEO startup sequence:

D2fCymP

Haha, that was awesome! Should have some info about what "Max Mega" the 3DS has. And a version with added scanlines perhaps? Wish it could have that fantastic Neo Geo sound too.

Vexelius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Haha, that was awesome! Should have some info about what "Max Mega" the 3DS has. And a version with added scanlines perhaps? Wish it could have that fantastic Neo Geo sound too.

Thank you! I am thinking that it would be a good idea to put the "Max Mega" and other details on the lower screen ("Insert Coin", perhaps?), while the upper screen has the animation I have already done.

I agree, it would be great to be able to play customized sounds at bootup!

Vexelius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Latest build includes *great* streaming from files, that is: no more loading times, file limit, and up to 30fps streaming!

https://github.com/Wolfvak/BootAnim9/releases

Special thanks to https://github.com/chaoskagami for fixing all of my dumb mistakes and for actually using FatFS instead of using a wrapper like I did!

Wow, that's great! I will install the new version now...
By the way, is there any specific file format or palette limit? My bootscreen looks good as a GIF, but after the conversion it looks all dithered (and with a couple of shifted colors) in my 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg