Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest not to talk about other off-topic topics, I don't know how Acid Snake feels about it but as a reader I would be annoyed to come across things out of place.
then they should stay annoyed. there are some people who need to be called out for bullshit. that's why I'm quitting for future scenes, and unfortunately, these people are likely to be a part of the ps5 scene.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have tried that pre-release and it works in the games, using the overclock or powersave option, but being in the XMB and changing the frequency using the HUD plugin and then changing it back to off, the frequency goes back to 222.
Isn't that the same behaviour as in PRO/ME? I mean I took a look at the code from those and they don't patch the CPU functions in VSH.

JaegerFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
then they should stay annoyed. there are some people who need to be called out for bullshit. that's why I'm quitting for future scenes, and unfortunately, these people are likely to be a part of the ps5 scene.
I know but there are threads dedicated to this, this is talking about ARK-4 specifically, I am subscribed to this thread and I expect to see news about this and not other scenes.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There won't be a PS5 scene anyways. But I agree, let's stay on topic here. Come over to discord and we can discuss whatever overthere.

Reactions: JaegerFox

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but there are threads dedicated to this, this is talking about ARK-4 specifically, I am subscribed to this thread and I expect to see news about this and not other scenes.
I'm just telling acid snake to watch himself with place. sure, they treated me well, up to a point, then not. something is seriously wrong with the admin.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it's true.... I thought the behavior in XMB should be the same as in GAME.
Actually it's not, from PRO source code:

Code:
    if (sceKernelApplicationType() == PSP_INIT_KEYCONFIG_VSH) {
        hook_import_bynid(sctrlKernelFindModuleByName("vsh_module"), "scePower", 0x469989AD, NULL, 1);
        return;
    }

for(i=0; i<NELEMS(g_power_func_redir); ++i) {
        fp = find_power_function(g_power_func_redir[i].nid);

if(fp != 0) {
            REDIRECT_FUNCTION(g_power_func_redir[i].fp, fp);
        } else {
            printk("%s: scePower_%08X not found\n", __func__, (uint)g_power_func_redir[i].nid);
        }
    }
And ME does the same:

Code:
        int intr = sceKernelInitKeyConfig();
        if(intr != PSP_INIT_KEYCONFIG_VSH)
        {
            MAKE_DUMMY_FUNCTION0((u32)scePowerSetClockFrequency_k);

int i;
            for(i=0;i<sizeof(cpu_nid_list)/sizeof(u32);i++)
            {
                u32 patch_addr = (u32)FindPowerFunction(cpu_nid_list[i]);
                MAKE_DUMMY_FUNCTION0( patch_addr );
            }

ClearCaches();
        }
They both only patch out CPU functions when not in VSH.

Reactions: JaegerFox

Happy1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, thanks for the new CFW

Just installed it for the first time on one of my PSPs
I have on issue with a Snes emulator (Snes9xTYL_Mod_PSP)
Trying to lauch a rom just crashes (screen freeze - shutdown) on both versions (me and cm)

It's a Psp2000 (4.18.11 + Infinity)
I have another 2000 with 6.61pro and i have no issues with this emulator (same version, same roms)

Any hope ?
(Well if there is a better, working solution for snes emulation I dont really care)

Best regards

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey, thanks for the new CFW

Just installed it for the first time on one of my PSPs
I have on issue with a Snes emulator (Snes9xTYL_Mod_PSP)
Trying to lauch a rom just crashes (screen freeze - shutdown) on both versions (me and cm)

It's a Psp2000 (4.18.11 + Infinity)
I have another 2000 with 6.61pro and i have no issues with this emulator (same version, same roms)

Any hope ?
(Well if there is a better, working solution for snes emulation I dont really care)

Best regards
Strange, I just tested that emulator yesterday, but I did hear that it gets fixed if you use "Unlock Extra Memory".

Edit: I just checked and those versions of the emulator don't have the "MEMSIZE" flag to tell the CFW to use extra memory so you have to manually enable it in the recovery menu.

Reactions: Happy1337

Happy1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks,

btw. I noticed that enabling "Unlock Extra Memory - Always" totally kills the option to launch Infinity (black screen,shutdown)
Dont know if thats a bug or expected. Just wanted to let you know

best regards

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks,

btw. I noticed that enabling "Unlock Extra Memory - Always" totally kills the option to launch Infinity (black screen,shutdown)
Dont know if thats a bug or expected. Just wanted to let you know

best regards
Well I do know that the XMB will crash with high memory enabled, but I also know I added checks on the code to prevent that from happening, so even if it's set to VSH or set to Always, it should not actually activate on the XMB to prevent these crashes, the same happens with PS1 games.
I will check it out cause it does seem to have a bug there.

Edit: ah you mean it crashes when launching the Infinity Installer? That might be expected behaviour, I'm not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work