• Likes 103

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
You tell me what modifications made and used program? I intend to modify the version br

Has anyone been able to generate a working Pokémon game (Fire Red, Leaf Green or Emerald) using the fixes made by AmeenX? I think I must be messing up generating the footer or ips patching an incompatible dump. Emerald white screens and Fire Red/Leaf Green give the save error. If anyone can nudge me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also kudos to all devs involved in these wonderful projects. You really have the scene jumping right now.

I'm having the same white screen error with emerald. The only one I could run was the one with the specific md5 not the (TrashMan) one but it didn't save properly. The trashman with the ips patch leads me to whitescreen :/ don't know what I'm doing wrong.

has anyone ips patches for the german versions of ruby/saphire & firered/leafgreen?

Alright guys to fix any pokemon game save here is what to do

[Fire Red, Leaf green, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald]

Usage:

Warning: Don't use Sram patch, just apply this hex mod and you're good to go

u8fbXwy.jpg

Open the desired ROM in a hex editor and find the following string:

Code:
D0 88 8D 83 42

mtoRog0.png

Note: This string can be found in two different locations in some ROMs, make sur you find and edit both of them!

Also the strings can be found in two different lengths:

Code:
D0888D8342 [xx xx xx] 2410491068

Or

Code:
D0888D8342 [xx xx xx xx] 2410491068

Edit stricly what's between
Code:
D0888D8342 [and] 2410491068

Replace the xx by 00

uBP4F6O.png

Exemple:

Kf6ptDW.png

footer included

Attachments

• footer.rar
    433 bytes · Views: 520
Last edited by AmeenX,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Alright guys to fix any pokemon game save here is what to do

Using hex editor find the following string:
Some games have this string in two different places makes sure you edit both of the strings!

D0888D8342

mtoRog0.png

and replace the xx by 00

D0888D8342 xxxxxxxx 2410491068.....................................

uBP4F6O.png

Some games have this string in two different places makes sure you edit both of the strings!
I included the footer in the attachment
Thanks! I'll try this tonight as soon as I get home from work. I'll let you know how it goes.

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
Thanks! I'll try this tonight as soon as I get home from work. I'll let you know how it goes.
Alright don't forget, there might be two strings keep that in mind
Am guessing it was intrduced with 1.1 games then later used in emerald, the second string is responsible for the white screen

Reactions: JJTapia19

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some people were trying to inject .NDS games into a DSiWare container, but no dice.
We couldn't even inject one that was around the size a DSiWare game would be.
That is not going to work.
At all.
Regular DS Games/DSi Enhanced Games are programmed to save on an external chip in the card main board (eeprom, these stuff), since you are booting these titles from the NAND, and these games doesn't know how to be loaded or how to save in the NAND, they don't work.
And TWL_FIRM have signature checks for TWL binaries so...

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I'd share my psd files for the banners/icon for this incase anyone is interested. :)
Or like me and don't like gimp. haha
The font you'll have to find yourself (not hard to get really), but as mentioned earlier by @Riku "it can be found and dumped from PS3 dev_flash, name is 'SCE-PS3-RD-L-LATIN.TTF'" (Regular not light or bold) or just pick a different one if you don't want to do that. :)
Actually it isn't SCE-PS3-RD-L-LATIN.TTF (light) it's SCE-PS3-RD-R-LATIN.TTF (Regular)

The font IS NOT in the zip file but BannerTemplate_Image2.psd will look for it.

Edit: Where is everyone getting their images to use for banners etc anyway?

Attachments

• Banner&IconTemplates_PSD.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 369
Last edited by Shadowtrance,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thought I'd share my psd files for the banners/icon for this incase anyone is interested. :)
The font you'll have to find yourself (not hard to get really), but as mentioned earlier by @Riku "it can be found and dumped from PS3 dev_flash, name is 'SCE-PS3-RD-L-LATIN.TTF'" or just pick a different one if you don't want to do that. :)

well seeing as the normal ambassador games seem to all use the games title screen as the banner screen, simply type in "*game name* title screen" on google....with the optional "gba" if it was a multi platform game, then you can either be lazy and simply use the title screen resized like nintendo did for the icon, or try make something a bit more appropriate, like just using the games logo/character sprite or whatever resized to fit the logo....personally i would just stick to resized title screen, might as well be lazy with nintendo

mesa_rune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The font you'll have to find yourself (not hard to get really), but as mentioned earlier by @Riku "it can be found and dumped from PS3 dev_flash, name is 'SCE-PS3-RD-L-LATIN.TTF'" (Regular not light or bold) or just pick a different one if you don't want to do that. :)
Actually it isn't SCE-PS3-RD-L-LATIN.TTF (light) it's SCE-PS3-RD-R-LATIN.TTF (Regular)

Looks good! I made psd files as well. lol
I've been using mGBA's screenshot feature for title screens.
Thanks for the note about the font, too (light vs regular)
It's hard to get that damn thing exact.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help explain how to use this with the new version of rxTools? I'm wondering, do I need a GBA Ambassador donor game to start with? Thanks.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Just curious but, wouldn't allowing the user to set any title ID to the CIA be kinda dangerous? With many users creating different CIAs, some title IDs could match, or match an already existing game, and it also would be a pain to find the game id in devmenu.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have luck with EEPROM_v124 games. I cannot seem to get Metal Slug Advance to work but The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap seems to work and it is also a EEPROM_124 game per gbata and 3DS GBA Footer Generator v0.2c. If some special patch or footer is needed, may I get some assistance. I love me some Metal Slug Advance. Thank you. Also kudos to @AmeenX for his tut on fixing the Pokémon games and providing the needed footer.

Reactions: AmeenX

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
Anybody have luck with EEPROM_v124 games. I cannot seem to get Metal Slug Advance to work but The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap seems to work and it is also a EEPROM_124 game per gbata and 3DS GBA Footer Generator v0.2c. If some special patch or footer is needed, may I get some assistance. I love me some Metal Slug Advance. Thank you. Also kudos to @AmeenX for his tut on fixing the Pokémon games and providing the needed footer.
I tried metal slug advance usa rom and it worked here are the settings:

nyQ6Bxe.png

4jfc6JI.png

In game image:
http://i.imgur.com/amRcVrd.jpg

Last edited by AmeenX,
Reactions: stl25

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When launching 3DNUS, the radio button next to old 3ds is checked and greyed out. I can't change it to new 3ds, however I can download a .cia for the appropriate title and version for new 3ds. Is this the correct .cia to patch?

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone fixed donkey kong country games yet. i think 1 and 3 dont work but 2 does? link or post number if ive missed it?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
When launching 3DNUS, the radio button next to old 3ds is checked and greyed out. I can't change it to new 3ds, however I can download a .cia for the appropriate title and version for new 3ds. Is this the correct .cia to patch?

That field only allows you to change it if you are downloading firmware of a specific version. For example you put 9.2.0-20 in the title ID field with USA in the version field. The o3DS/n3DS options will become available to choose which set of CIAs to download.

Since you told it to download a specific title id, you don't need to specify region or o3DS/n3DS so the options for it are grayed out. ;)

Reactions: joeh1974

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That field only allows you to change it if you are downloading firmware of a specific version. For example you put 9.2.0-20 in the title ID field with USA in the version field. The o3DS/n3DS options will become available to choose which set of CIAs to download.

Since you told it to download a specific title id, you don't need to specify region or o3DS/n3DS so the options for it are grayed out. ;)

Thanks for the explanation!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme