Country
United Kingdom
Error when installing GBA cia's.

Install failed!
Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_FS (0x11)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_DATABASE (0x189)
Press Start to continue.

However, if it does, you likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.

Make sure to go to the Correct Folder you will have 2 since you have an Emunand, you should go to the smaller folder and it should contain these files

Reactions: pakrett

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So just Install the N3DS 0004013820000202.cia and everything is good right?
Yeah just install the patched one with devmenu and you're good !
I used the Fire Red Squirrels dump from emuparadise. I've played Vega in an emulator and it plays as normal.
Same problem. On 3DS the english version of the game crash after the intro just before the start menu, weird... I don't know why and I don't have any clue to fix it.

Last edited by pakrett,

Reniclas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem. On 3DS the english version of the game crash after the intro just before the start menu, weird... I don't know why and I don't have any clue to fix it.
The unpatched rom works perfectly fine with your footer, just the patched one is the one with problems. Could it be something with how the footer is set up?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Since it was posted some time ago, can somebody please confirm for me that the downloads and process on the first post in this thread is still valid?

Edit - well I did it anyway since I have a hard mod and sysnand backup, and it does work ;)

Last edited by mashers,

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Awesome. Now final Verification Inquiry: Install to SysNAND NAND or just normal Install for the GBA Games?
AGB patched --> NAND
GBA games --> SD
Since it was posted some time ago, can somebody please confirm for me that the downloads and process on the first post in this thread is still valid?

Edit - well I did it anyway since I have a hard mod and sysnand backup, and it does work ;)
Yep, all still valid.
The unpatched rom works perfectly fine with your footer, just the patched one is the one with problems. Could it be something with how the footer is set up?
No, the problem comes from the rom, the footer is correct.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried SD Card Install with FBI on SysNAND. Got a Error
I'm getting a "Database does not exist" / "Invalid database" error! A: You likely haven't installed anything from eShop or other locations before. You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.
The <id0> and <id1> correspond to the folders who names are just strings of hex. The directory you end up putting your "dbs" folder should also have an "extdata" folder. You may have two sets of these <id0> <id1> folders if your nands are unlinked. To make the empty .db files, just create a blank text document and rename it and change the extension. Once all these files are in the right place just go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software and let it repair the files. CIA installation should work after this.

Reactions: Smoker1

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by pakrett,
Reactions: Naked_Snake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users