Homebrew [Release] 3DAmnesic, a POC video player

Lectem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just released my proof of concept video player on https://github.com/Lectem/3Damnesic.

It is really nothing more than a proof of concept for now, since you can only play MPEG4 and H264 videos, and there's no sound.

The video will play as fast as it can, please don't complain about it being too slow/fast.

Here's an old video of it :

Where do I download it ?

An alpha build is available https://github.com/Lectem/3Damnesic/releases/download/alpha/3Damnesic.zip
Only as .3dsx and .elf though.

Why doesn't it ***** ?

Probably because its only a proof of concept or that you used a wrong codec/muxer. Please also have a look to the README.

Why is the code so crappy and ugly ?

Because it's mainly an experiment, and that I didn't take the time to clean it up, sorry.

When will it get sound ?

When I will find the motivation to implement it, or if someone helps with it

It doesn't find my video !

Make sure the file is at the root of your SD card and is named test.mp4

I'd like to help by making some logo

I'd love if someone could make some icon for this, but don't blame me if the media player never gets finished.

Why this name ?

Play around with the letters and you'll eventually understand ;)

Last edited by Lectem,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Icon:
3da.png
All the files you need to make a 3D banner (I don't know how to do it exactly):

Attachments

• 3da.blend.zip
    75.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 3da_banner.blend.zip
    373.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 3da_banner.dae.zip
    364.8 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: djalmafreestyler

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding? Do you really think they can just go for some quick lessons on codecademy and then magically be able to contribute to a complex project such as this?
no... but at least you can learn the basics and start with something simple... I know its very time consuming.. do you take me for some kind of ignorant idiot? :glare:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It takes me like 2 hours just to learn the command line.. :P

Lectem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so today I played a bit with the audio stuff, mpeg4+mp3 should be ok ! You won't be able to have AAC at a decent speed though (the output format of the decoder isn't supported by the 3ds).
Without optimization or anything, a video with the following codecs runs at ~29fps :

Video: MPEG4 Video 400x240 25fps 939kbps [V: mpeg4 simple profile, yuv420p, 400x240, 939 kb/s]
Audio: MP3 44100Hz stereo 319kbps [A: SoundHandler (mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, 319 kb/s)]​

However there is no buffering or real synchronization for now. I don't expect to release anything soon. (as in, probably not before 2-3weeks).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?