ReiNX CFW updated to work on Switch firmware 6.2.0

VBliYDB.png

Popular Nintendo Switch custom firmware ReiNX now supports the infamous 6.2.0 Switch firmware version, as of the latest update made by @Reisyukaku with help by Elise. 53 commits have been made to this new build, the most notable of which is support for all current firmware versions for the system, joining the likes of Hekate and Atmosphere.

:download: Source: GitHub
:arrow: Official Thread
:download: Download

Dennieh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay trying to ask a few normal questions to m4zw:
1. You say that ReiNX is a piracy CFW because it has signature patches built-in(doesn't even matter if those are legal). So wouldn't that mean that RetroArch can be seen as a piracy option too because you guys have the emulator-cores built-in by default? Regarding whether or not they are legal, they are , just like sigpatches, just a method for playing games.
2. You say that those rules were updated( which is true, i dont doubt that), but you have given us no proof that RajNX, a CFW that also had sigpatches built-in and would classify as a "piracy CFW" by your definition, was on that list of before
3. By the above argument you could also classify Luma as a piracy CFW, but you seem not to do that. Mind explaining that?
4. In your rules you say that ReiNX is a piracy CFW and Atmosphere not, but a few lines later you say quote: "ReiNX is Atmosphere in disguise". How does that work?

If you actually choose to respond to this, please write full arguments this time and not just "All facts wrong" or "Nop" as it makes you look really childish and immature when you do so

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You say that ReiNX is a piracy CFW because it has signature patches built-in(doesn't even matter if those are legal). So wouldn't that mean that RetroArch can be seen as a piracy option too because you guys have the emulator-cores built-in by default? Regarding whether or not they are legal, they are , just like sigpatches, just a method for playing games.
This is irrelevant to the rule.
I could go in depth why I disagree, but it's offtopic and my pizza is here.
2. You say that those rules were updated( which is true, i dont doubt that), but you have given us no proof that RajNX, a CFW that also had sigpatches built-in and would classify as a "piracy CFW" by your definition, was on that list of before
Before there was only SX OS listed, hence we clarified that rule just a few days ago.
It had too much holes before.
3. By the above argument you could also classify Luma as a piracy CFW, but you seem not to do that. Mind explaining that?
I have no Idea about Luma, we are focus on the Switch and have nothing to do with 3DS.
But it might qualify, never needed to touch it since I don't own a 3DS.
4. In your rules you say that ReiNX is a piracy CFW and Atmosphere not, but a few lines later you say quote: "ReiNX is Atmosphere in disguise". How does that work?
You nitpick the rule.
"- RetroArch support : From an homebrew point of view, ReiNX is Atmosphere in disguise, we don't need to know that you're using it"

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god i don't have one
But if i had, There would be no shitty rules like this in it for sure

BTW you didn't answer, Where is RajNX?
To answer more detailed, yes it is deprecated/dead. However this is because Raj's ES patches are the ones included with official Atmosphere. If he had any other changes, they were probably pull requested. So there's no reason to have his own when his own work is in official Atmosphere and kosmos Atmosphere.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So Luma3DS is a piracy cfw too? cause it contains patches by default? so why RajNX is not there?
Stop joking :)
W/r/t Luma3DS, CIA homebrew (and ergo sigpatches) used to be kinda unavoidable, due to different access level in the fs sysmodule between HBL stuff and CIA applications (which from what I know isn't an issue anymore thanks to Rosalinas HBL title takeover, but nobody becomes happy if you remove an already added feature for little reason and CIA homebrew has become kinda the standard for the 3DS). The Switch has no such issues.

The only argument that could've been made for NSP homebrew is for extended memory (and was the sole reason RetroArch used to have NSP nightlies for N64 cores), but with both Atmosphere and nx-hbloader having been updated to support extended memory/having the ability to change the override title, this is effectively a non-issue.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is because of technical reasons you guys don't seem to understand.

"You all are dangerous to this scene."

100/100 Technical

Technical post of the year
Will win the next year gamewards for sure

W/r/t Luma3DS, CIA homebrew (and ergo sigpatches) used to be kinda unavoidable, due to different access level in the fs sysmodule between HBL stuff and CIA applications (which from what I know isn't an issue anymore thanks to Rosalinas HBL title takeover, but nobody becomes happy if you remove an already added feature for little reason and CIA homebrew has become kinda the standard for the 3DS). The Switch has no such issues.

The only argument that could've been made for NSP homebrew is for extended memory (and was the sole reason RetroArch used to have NSP nightlies for N64 cores), but with both Atmosphere and nx-hbloader having been updated to support extended memory/having the ability to change the override title, this is effectively a non-issue.

We had .3dsx homebrews since day1 :)
The only reason he's flaming patches in switch cfws and saying nothing about luma3ds when you ask him is because he's just a child repeating his parent's words :)

Last edited by s-arash,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
We had .3dsx homebrews since day1 :)
Exactly, and those used to have less access than CIA files (the technical details are too deep to get into rn, look up Smeas DEFCON talk for info about how sysmodules work and how the 3DS uses them), but by the time this got resolved, CIA homebrew had become the standard already.

Dennieh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is irrelevant to the rule.
I could go in depth why I disagree, but it's offtopic and my pizza is here.

Before there was only SX OS listed, hence we clarified that rule just a few days ago.
It had too much holes before.

I have no Idea about Luma, we are focus on the Switch and have nothing to do with 3DS.
But it might qualify, never needed to touch it since I don't own a 3DS.

You nitpick the rule.
"- RetroArch support : From an homebrew point of view, ReiNX is Atmosphere in disguise, we don't need to know that you're using it"
I can live with your answer to 3. and 4., i'm somewhat conflicted about 2. as it kinda goes against the reason why ReiNX is on that place in the first place :/
(Basically you say, just because it's no longer actively developed, it's not a piracy CFW anymore :/ ).
And i'm really curious to hear your in-depth explanation of 1. when you should have time for it.
If you don't want to do it here(as i don't really check Temp that often and this thread is already offtopic enough) or so you can hit me up on discord if you want (Dennieh#9802)

Last edited by Dennieh,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please link a compiled version?
Read the thread in my sig. it takes no time at all to build it yourself. Then you’ll never have to wait for someone to do it for you. All you have to do is add the switch stuff, made idiot proof by pacman/dkp-pacman.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Akzar and naddel81

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arguing about the validity of pirated or backed up materials always causes a scene, so just keep it civil please and keep it on-topic. this is a thread for ReiNX, after all. I personally would like to see a list of technical differences as well. if it's just an alternative and does the same, i might switch...i do like anime grrrls

Last edited by osaka35,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
arguing about the validity of pirated or backed up materials always causes a scene, so just keep it civil please and keep it on-topic. this is a thread for ReiNX, after all. I personally would like to see a list of technical differences as well. if it's just an alternative and does the same, i might switch...i do like anime grrrls
At the current state, don't.
You are way more likely to risk a ban, unless you stay offline/dns, than any other cfw.
Also you would need a clean fw backup from before u went offline/enabled DNS if u ever plan to restore a clean state (this isn't a must on other cfw's per se, unless SX)

Last edited by m4xw,
Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the current state, don't.
You are way more likely to risk a ban, unless you stay offline/dns, than any other cfw.
Also you would need a clean fw backup from before u went offline/enabled DNS if u ever plan to restore a clean state (this isn't a must on other cfw's per se, unless SX)
i've got my 4.1 backup and will not go online. i just removed my internet settings completely and airplane mode, so i should be good. I'll eventually get a second switch for online. I'll avoid a ban. eventually it'll either not matter or i'll feel like selling mine.

so, if banning doesn't matter, does this cfw match the others, or are there things it does better? piracy or otherwise?

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Jax_Ripper

Tekimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Guys question.I am currently on version 5.1 . Does updating my console to 6.2 breaks the downgrade feature?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock