Hacking Reggie! - NSMBWii Level Editor

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
crwys said:
So this doesn't work with usb loading? Bummer.
There's nothing in Reggie stopping you from using a USB loader, but modified levels using USB loaders are glitchy at best, and usually don't work (through no fault of ours). Using Tanooki or Leiji Loader will probably work, but I can't guarantee it.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
crwys said:
So this doesn't work with usb loading? Bummer.
There's nothing in Reggie stopping you from using a USB loader, but modified levels using USB loaders are glitchy at best, and usually don't work (through no fault of ours). Using Tanooki or Leiji Loader will probably work, but I can't guarantee it.

Alright thanks, I will just stick to the original method, it isn't that much of a pain.
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did somebody who tries to get it to work an usb loader check the size of the original and the replaced file? My theory is that the new file is bigger, but the fst.bin is not correctly updated.

I would extract the files, patch/replace them, and then rebuild the partition using partition builder 1.1(1.0 is broken).

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Did somebody who tries to get it to work an usb loader check the size of the original and the replaced file? My theory is that the new file is bigger, but the fst.bin is not correctly updated.

I would extract the files, patch/replace them, and then rebuild the partition using partition builder 1.1(1.0 is broken).

Hm you're right about the file size!

I'm having no luck trying leiji, so I'll try partition builder, never worked with this program so I'll have to find that out firstXD

Anyways, thanks again for this wonderfull level editing app! it's really easy to use:)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope there is a way to implement this in usb loader. maybe oggzee will fix it, i don't want to have to burn a disc for each custom i make!

thanks treeki i hope to be able to use this.

OUwhy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what the problem is, i created 1 and a half level so far, and they run perfectly fine with USB Loader. Gonna create a level now with more "unusual" stuff in it and try it again.

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OUwhy said:
I dont know what the problem is, i created 1 and a half level so far, and they run perfectly fine with USB Loader. Gonna create a level now with more "unusual" stuff in it and try it again.

nice, which usb loader are you using? and how do you import the levels?

Btw, just tried partitionbuilder and that did the trick:D playing an edited level now:D

thanks a lot!!

It'sLuigi64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes!!!!!!!!:D its finally out lol time to make custom levels:D also does it support usb loading? i remember reading that this works with Riivolution so ill try that first
finally got it working:D good job reggie team;)

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking forward to see who is going to be the first person to make their own tileset edits, or even completly new tilesets using Wart, then make BRAND SPANKIN NEW levels with them using Reggie!

Exciting times.

Artix3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wooo! It's out! Thanks so much Treeki!

I'm glad the wait wasn't for nothing.

Also, what level are you supposed to replace TrainingLevel.arc with to use it ingame? I want to see the sprites ingame.

Good help page. You should probably add how to test your levels somewhere on it though.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Cool! works great! (still trying to get used to it because of using NSMBe for so long...)

And now, a comment from the peanut gallery:
jcegbert5 said:
Would you mind, in the next release, adding NSMBe's resize/copy method also (shift + drag on object to resize, and ctrl + drag on object to duplicate)?

I was hoping for that in Reggie!, but I guess you had better things in mind
wink.gif

Also, a few other (small?) suggestions:
drag object/sprite from palette to level field to add object
perhaps a sidebar for sprite properties instead of a popup
customizable sprite images (unless I missed the config file while searching
tongue.gif
)

edit: bad quote syntax

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what do we have to do with partition builder? i know how to get most of the files it needs i just dont know what to put in the source file directory

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need partition builder

Just replace files with wiiscrubber. And convert the iso to .wbfs (if you're using a fat32 usb drive). It works flawlessly with CFG USB Loader. Just made a little test level and I had no problems. At first it kept freezing because I forgot to add zone boundaries to the level I was trying to play on.

Requirements for level to work:
Starting point
Ending point (flagpole, boss, etc)
Zone boundary (without this it will freeze right before the stage loads up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1