Not open for further replies.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
jceggbert5 said:
@Treeki: What Linux distro? 32-Bit or 64-Bit?
32-bit Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty with andLinux (hence my use of Xming, and why very few people will encounter the issue).

That said, the problem isn't in Linux itself - it's Xming's clipboard support.

Edit: Yeah, I'm going to punch something. I started working on fixing bugs in Reggie.

It was going pretty we-
Segmentation fault

I hate how I have no easy way of debugging Qt >_< PyQt is great when it works, but when it doesn't..

Edit 2: Some things are best left unused.

I found a function which was dealing with rotation controllers. I followed some of its calls and ended up finding a function which was dealing with some settings. We tried matching it up with my sprite info database - but we couldn't find any sprites which matched those values.

So I searched for references to it and noticed that it seemed to be related to the door objects. I tried out adding the proper settings to a door.. and it rotates. Quite well in fact. You can even enter a rotating door, but it has to be touching the normal door's area in order for it to be enterable.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Treeki said:
jceggbert5 said:
@Treeki: What Linux distro? 32-Bit or 64-Bit?
32-bit Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty with andLinux (hence my use of Xming, and why very few people will encounter the issue).

That said, the problem isn't in Linux itself - it's Xming's clipboard support.

Edit: Yeah, I'm going to punch something. I started working on fixing bugs in Reggie.

It was going pretty we-
Segmentation fault

I hate how I have no easy way of debugging Qt >_< PyQt is great when it works, but when it doesn't..

Edit 2: Some things are best left unused.

I found a function which was dealing with rotation controllers. I followed some of its calls and ended up finding a function which was dealing with some settings. We tried matching it up with my sprite info database - but we couldn't find any sprites which matched those values.

So I searched for references to it and noticed that it seemed to be related to the door objects. I tried out adding the proper settings to a door.. and it rotates. Quite well in fact. You can even enter a rotating door, but it has to be touching the normal door's area in order for it to be enterable.

Thx for another update again Treeki! Looking forward to try the editor when its done.
tongue.gif

And BTW, don't care about the other ones who whines about you to release it now. I think its great you choose to polish it and make it better!
biggrin.gif

TheLuka341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, thanks, treeki. One Question: Can you put in Toads like in the Mushroom Houses? (But you can't touch them.)
unsure.gif

TheLuka341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good job treeki! This level editor will probably be way better than the tonooki level editor.
yaywii.gif

Posts merged

Good job treeki! This level editor will probably be way better than the tonooki level editor.
yaywii.gif

noxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could it be comming the 1st, one month after. crossing fingers, all what i have seen has been amazing, looking forward
smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

stark12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app sounds great. I cant wait for an opportunity to test drive it. How does one stay current with the progress of Reggie!? Just keep checking this post?

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. We've been hard at work trying to figure out some of the things we're missing, and working out bugs. The Sprite Database is 314 fully complete, 111 incomplete, and 58 unused sprites with no knowledge of how to make them work. We have the ability to at least read out the used values on all sprites, but not via a script yet. Once a script is made, we'll be a huge step closer to completion in the database. In the mean time, there's still a lot of small stuff left to work on.

Something to look forward to soon, a level showcasing the neat stuff we've found in the sprite code so far. I'm 9 'rooms' in, and still explaining about the way the game handles events.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
TobiasAmaranth said:
Pretty much. We've been hard at work trying to figure out some of the things we're missing, and working out bugs. The Sprite Database is 314 fully complete, 111 incomplete, and 58 unused sprites with no knowledge of how to make them work. We have the ability to at least read out the used values on all sprites, but not via a script yet. Once a script is made, we'll be a huge step closer to completion in the database. In the mean time, there's still a lot of small stuff left to work on.

Something to look forward to soon, a level showcasing the neat stuff we've found in the sprite code so far. I'm 9 'rooms' in, and still explaining about the way the game handles events.

Thanks for the update TobiasAmaranth!

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
TobiasAmaranth said:

Sadly, I can't write a script for that
frown.gif
Unless you want me to write a full PowerPC emulator in Python. I am definitely not doing that.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
TobiasAmaranth said:

frown.gif
Unless you want me to write a full PowerPC emulator in Python. I am definitely not doing that.
Mac doesn't necessarily use PPC.
Oh, and QEMU emulates PPC. I'm not for sure how it emulates PPC on intel, but intel on PPC works good. The PS3 is PPC and can run windows XP under emulation just fine.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
TobiasAmaranth said:

frown.gif

Except you just did. Isn't learning fun?
wink.gif
*Gets to work on the new data*

TheLuka341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fivex said:
Treeki said:
TobiasAmaranth said:

frown.gif
Mac doesn't necessarily use PPC.
Oh, and QEMU emulates PPC. I'm not for sure how it emulates PPC on intel, but intel on PPC works good. The PS3 is PPC and can run windows XP under emulation just fine.
ummm... scientific wordz an stuff... tell me- can you use a Mac, or only a PC?
hate2.gif

xxJoesusxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid Question, haven't read all 69 pages. But when Reggie is released, is it going to be possible through homebrew to play these levels on our actual consoles ?

If so, how are you planning to go about that ?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
xxJoesusxx said:
Stupid Question, haven't read all 69 pages. But when Reggie is released, is it going to be possible through homebrew to play these levels on our actual consoles ?

Yes, of course, using Riivolution.

ultimatt42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
xxJoesusxx said:

Yes, of course, using Riivolution.

By my understanding, you'll need:

- Riivolution installed (not currently available AFAIK)
- Original game disc (USB loaders not supported) or hard-modded wii and DVD-R backup
- SD card with the levels/other data you want to load

Riivolution checks every time the game asks for a file from the disc. If it matches a file on the SD card, it substitutes that one instead.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxJoesusxx said:

If you'd like support for USB Loaders/softmods, you can use the save injector in Tanooki to load custom stages from Reggie!

I don't support piracy, though. Buy this wonderful game.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vashgs said:
xxJoesusxx said:

If you'd like support for USB Loaders/softmods, you can use the save injector in Tanooki to load custom stages from Reggie!

I don't support piracy, though. Buy this wonderful game.
USB loader =/= piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...