Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry for missing the o)

Hmm, you're right. Probably because you need to increase the border on the whole thing. You're using Photoshop, right? There should be a way to extend the shadow's length.

RainbowIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
5al30i.png

gba.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
RainbowIE said:

Very nice, actually.

But I think we should make another thread for this, simply to not spam the editor topic ;P

can you PM me a link to the font you guys are using pls, looked all over for it and cant find it anywhere

thanks

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
skawo96 said:
RainbowIE said:

Very nice, actually.

But I think we should make another thread for this, simply to not spam the editor topic ;P

can you PM me a link to the font you guys are using pls, looked all over for it and cant find it anywhere

thanks

Lulz, 'font'.
We edit the image using some tool, like Photoshop.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITs cool you guys are thinking ahead but maybe you should wait for this to be released first.

sasaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
sasaa said:
BTW:
Will there be a 64bit edition? (not really important i can always use my (crappy)laptop)

Keep it up !
A 64-bit OS can run 32-bit programs dude. The flash plug-in for example is only 32-bit.
i know that but will there be a 64bit version?

BulletBillTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm amazed at how much you guys managed to make in such a short notice. I do have some questions, though:

-Any idea on how the rotating figures systems works? (The platforms from 1-1 and 1-6, for example)

-Could you simply make a path editor program instead of a fullblown overworld editor? It seems like that would be easier for you folks.

-How much is left to do before the first release? If you don't want to tell, could you at least give an approximative percentage of how much you have done?

Well, that's practically all I can think of asking right now. Seeing how quick you guys made this, I can hopefully except a close release... I can, right?

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if you guys can tell by now... but people are starting to get PRETTY EXCITED about your program!
biggrin.gif

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rashef said:
A little question to the dev team. Are we restricted to the number of "areas" nintendo gave per level ?
Good question... As of right now, we don't have such a feature, but theoretically, it should work. I know I have a 01-01.arc with 3 areas, but that's only because I took 01-03.arc and simply copied it...
tongue.gif

I assume it will be done at some point, but testing in that area hasn't been touched on much yet. There are a few other things we're dealing with here before we can start looking into that.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pop006 said:
I'm not sure if you guys can tell by now... but people are starting to get PRETTY EXCITED about your program!
biggrin.gif

Yup, it's amazing! If this is easy to use (and it looks like it is easy), this could mean endless NSMB!

FirePhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
BulletBillTime said:
I'm amazed at how much you guys managed to make in such a short notice. I do have some questions, though:

-Any idea on how the rotating figures systems works? (The platforms from 1-1 and 1-6, for example)

-Could you simply make a path editor program instead of a fullblown overworld editor? It seems like that would be easier for you folks.

-How much is left to do before the first release? If you don't want to tell, could you at least give an approximative percentage of how much you have done?

Well, that's practically all I can think of asking right now. Seeing how quick you guys made this, I can hopefully except a close release... I can, right?
-The rotating hills from 1-1, 1-6 and various other levels are documented as such:
CODE212 = Rotating Hill
;Sprite Data: 00 00 NN WZ FF SD 00 00 00 00
N = Index
W = Width of hill (bigger W = wider hill)
Z = Z order of hill (biggest value overlaps the rest)
F = Flag Byte?
S = Speed
D = Direction; 0 = Counter-clockwise, 1 = Clockwise
The F byte is the only one we haven't documented fully.

-It turns out the overworlds are one big 3D model so to edit those we will need to figure out a way to export and import them. You'll most likely need an external program to build them. As for pathing them, I have no clue how that would work. For the time being, expect to be limited by the current overworld maps.

-I'm not the developer so I can't say how much is left to do.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey FirePhoenix, would it be possible for you to share the .arc file of the remake of 1-1 (NES game) so I can scrub it in and check it out while I wait for Reggie!? (sorry if you're not the one who made this...I'm not exactly sure who that was)

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will Reggie! be able to utilize the "maze" feature where you have to choose the correct path to move on (this would be handy for remaking 8-4 of the NES game)

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
rashef said:
A little question to the dev team. Are we restricted to the number of "areas" nintendo gave per level ?
Right now, yes, but I plan to include a tool to modify the number of areas in the final release.

BulletBillTime said:
We have some of the stuff figured out, but not everything. It will be documented and editable though!

BulletBillTime said:
Sadly, it wouldn't be much easier, since paths are still part of the 3D model.

QUOTE(BulletBillTime @ Nov 23 2009, 03:29 PM) -How much is left to do before the first release? If you don't want to tell, could you at least give an approximative percentage of how much you have done?
No promises, I don't want to get peoples' hopes up. I'm pretty busy with other things so I can't always make Reggie my main priority, as much as I'd like to.

QUOTE(BulletBillTime @ Nov 23 2009, 07:25 PM)
Ok... so what about the hidden pipes that you sometimes find within the rotating hills? Which object is that?
Hills with pipes are a different type from the normal hills.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Treeki said:
No promises, I don't want to get peoples' hopes up. I'm pretty busy with other things so I can't always make Reggie my main priority, as much as I'd like to.

Oh, but say, could it be released this month, or is it impossible?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
hell even a beta would be killer! thanks in advanced for the work you guys are putting into this tool you can already see the demand for replay value and with this tool you basically make that replay value limitless KUDOS

sincerely impressed, Vetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah except for online pvp it's ass