Regarding the problem of deleting redundant characters and dates in Tesla’s homemade software (ovl) on Switch

pigzhu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry that this question may offend some software authors, but it does help someone like me who suffers from OCD. I hope someone can help me figure this out.It seems meaningless, but I like the simple interface. After downloading the plug-in from github, I found the makefile in their source code. It seems that I can delete the suffixes that bother me from here, but I don’t know. For the next steps, I hope someone who understands these aspects can teach me how to operate them. Thank you very much.
Post automatically merged:

微信截图_20230915164156.png

anyone know how to do?ths

Last edited by pigzhu,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What do you mean by suffixes?

before "RT" part for example? Or you mean versions?

One solution would be to edit source code of Tesla Menu to remove pause / not display version.

How to remove pause in runtime from Tesla Menu:
Diff:
diff --git a/main.cpp b/main.cpp
index 1de861a..63acf37 100644
--- a/main.cpp
+++ b/main.cpp
@@ -65,6 +65,10 @@ std::tuple<Result, std::string, std::string> getOverlayInfo(std::string filePath

fclose(file);

+    std::string tempStr = nacp.lang[0].name;
+    tempStr.erase(std::remove(tempStr.begin(), tempStr.end(), '-'), tempStr.end());
+    strcpy(nacp.lang[0].name, tempStr.c_str());
+
     return { ResultSuccess, std::string(nacp.lang[0].name, std::strlen(nacp.lang[0].name)), std::string(nacp.display_version, std::strlen(nacp.display_version)) };
 }

But about first problem, going into that overlay will still result in showing pause. So you may be forced to tinker also in source folder if overlay title is not taken from makefile.

The best way would be just use tool like Notepad++ to replace in all files inside repo those titles.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: pigzhu

pigzhu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I mean removing their version number so that it looks cleaner behind the plugin name, because I don't care about version differences because they don't update very quickly. What I want to ask is to delete the characters in those versions, such as "1.0.7" in "Edzion V1.0.7". I read your reply and now I am confused. You made it very clear, but I am not very familiar with the code. I only found these in ovlmenu. It seems that I did not find the code you sent me.

微信截图_20230915235001.png
like this

微信截图_20230915234820.png
I used a text file to open the main.c, and I also downloaded the software you told me. Although I am not very good at using it, I want to ask for advice on two questions: 1-How to find the file that needs to be modified. And complete the modifications to various plug-ins? 2: How to repackage it into the format I need so that these version codes disappear. Looking forward to your reply

I think what you mean is that I need to insert the string of code you sent into main.c and repackage it in some way?

微信截图_20230916000219.png
Am I doing this correctly? I inserted these codes at the end. If it is correct, what should I do next? Thank you.

Last edited by pigzhu,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, then my post is useless as it's not removing versions.

Here is recompiled ovlmenu that doesn't render versions. You replace ovlmenu.ovl from sdmc:/switch/.overlays/ folder

After replacing ovlmenu.ovl you must enter any other overlay and exit OR restart system to reload it.

Only change is that I replaced:
C++:
return { ResultSuccess, std::string(nacp.lang[0].name, std::strlen(nacp.lang[0].name)), std::string(nacp.display_version, std::strlen(nacp.display_version)) };
with
C++:
return { ResultSuccess, std::string(nacp.lang[0].name, std::strlen(nacp.lang[0].name)), std::string("", std::strlen("")) };

Attachments

• ovlmenu.zip
    157.8 KB · Views: 16

pigzhu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then my post is useless as it's not removing versions.

Here is recompiled ovlmenu that doesn't render versions. You replace ovlmenu.ovl from sdmc:/switch/.overlays/ folder

After replacing ovlmenu.ovl you must enter any other overlay and exit OR restart system to reload it.

Only change is that I replaced:
C++:
with
C++:
return { ResultSuccess, std::string(nacp.lang[0].name, std::strlen(nacp.lang[0].name)), std::string("", std::strlen("")) };
thank u~

I'm glad it was completed successfully. After replacing your ovl file, the problem was solved perfectly. I think I'd rather keep the internal version of each plugin so that I know the exact version when they update.

But there is a small regret, this version is not the version I am using, so I want to change the version I am using to this.This is the version I'm currently using, the previous problem also exists here, it seems to be a fork of Tesla (very similar) I'm not sure, can you help me compile this file again? Just remove the version number, because I am not very good at using compilation software. Even if you tell me how to modify it, it will still be difficult for me to start.

thank u~

I'm glad it was completed successfully. After replacing your ovl file, the problem was solved perfectly. I think I'd rather keep the internal version of each plugin so that I know the exact version when they update.

But there is a small regret, this version is not the version I am using, so I want to change the version I am using to this.This is the version I'm currently using, the previous problem also exists here, it seems to be a fork of Tesla (very similar) I'm not sure, can you help me compile this file again? Just remove the version number, because I am not very good at using compilation software. Even if you tell me how to modify it, it will still be difficult for me to start.

Here is the version i using,ths

This topic is over, I finished the rest of this

Attachments

• ovlmenu.zip
    584.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by pigzhu,

ppkantorski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry that this question may offend some software authors, but it does help someone like me who suffers from OCD. I hope someone can help me figure this out.It seems meaningless, but I like the simple interface. After downloading the plug-in from github, I found the makefile in their source code. It seems that I can delete the suffixes that bother me from here, but I don’t know. For the next steps, I hope someone who understands these aspects can teach me how to operate them. Thank you very much.

View attachment 394054

anyone know how to do?ths
Ive added the feature to the config.ini file located in `/config/ultrahand/config.ini`. new options `hide_overlay_versions` and `hide_package_versions` can be set to `true` if you want to hide them. You could go a step further and create an Ultrahand package that allows you to control these toggles from the menu if you wanted. I'll update the .ovl after implementing a few other features. For now you can test this out.

Attachments

• ovlmenu.ovl.zip
    591.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by ppkantorski,
Reactions: pigzhu

pigzhu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive added the feature to the config.ini file located in `/config/ultrahand/config.ini`. new options `hide_overlay_versions` and `hide_package_versions` can be set to `true` if you want to hide them. You could go a step further and create an Ultrahand package that allows you to control these toggles from the menu if you wanted. I'll update the .ovl after implementing a few other features. For now you can test this out.
This damn thing came just in time,

Reactions: ppkantorski

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9