ROM Hack Recommendations for what to use to alter a pre-existing translation patch?

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd please like to ask for advice for programs for altering a patch that already exists.

I have a patch for a game, and I need to change some of the translations that were done on it.

What would be the best program to go about this?

Thank you in advance.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
a patch - certain software were made to change one or more parts of x file use a patch to tell it where to patch and what to patch it with.

thing is you could ask the people who made the translation you want to edit. but you would also have to post credit if you used their work.
since you posted this I have a feeling you really do not know what you are doing. so take x game you change just the title screen and that is it then post a patch. I come along and use your patch and edit the rest of the graphics but leave your edited title screen in place. I would then post a patch that lists that I also used yours. others would not have to use both patches on the one game they would just have to use mine as it includes yours.

but if you are talking about taking apart a patch then you are going about it the wrong way. you would still need to find the text you want to edit in game and if needed the pointers to said text and make a new patch.

patching software just list the difference between one file and another and then make something that anyone could use to turn that file into the second one.
look up diff software. like diff software but able to share the diff with others.
use that to list where the differences are between the patched and unpatched file/game. then look at every spot that is different. or go the mush easier way and just search for the text in question the pointers and make the changes yourself instead of taking someone elses work completely apart. just try to do it yourself. see fasts guide that was stickied and do some research. really editing a game that other have already done is easier when the people in question say what you are looking to do is found right here.

Reactions: testing123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I know who I need to call. :ninja: