Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
EA active sports & Punch out are not playable on my JPN wii no matter what method is used. I wonder when will there be a patch or program to override this. Screw the big N!
hate2.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
EA active sports & Punch out are not playable on my JPN wii no matter what method is used. I wonder when will there be a patch or program to override this. Screw the big N!
hate2.gif

Could you maybe list what you have tried please. This will help you and others cover EVERY possible method and hopefully save time on finding a working solution. I myself never need to region patch games, but I'm 110% sure others will want this working too, by sharing what you've actually tried it will save others time, and they will be able to try other methods if any exist you've not tried.

I find the word can't hard to accept.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i agree with slimmmmmm.

there will be a way to play them. its just that neither of the games interest me so i cant test lol.

also, what firmware are you on? these newer games contain the 3.4 update i think, so it might just be IOS missing issues for you.

in any case, i dont see why they wouldnt work on the USB loader or cIOSCORP.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
1) Burned to disc
2) USB loader
3) Gecko OS, gamma, softchip

Most of the users here won't care, since the majority are on PAL/US region Wii's which run these 2 titles with no issues. Only JPN users like me have to wait...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
change wii region to USA or PAL

problem solved

and buy a motherfucking modchip

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bloodlust said:
1) Burned to disc
2) USB loader

Most of the users here won't care, since the majority are on PAL/US region Wii's which run these 2 titles with no issues. Only JPN users like me have to wait...

In SoftChip, Gamma and Gecko OS: Which video modes did you try? Did you try to force the language to ALL languages?

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:
Bloodlust said:
1) Burned to disc
2) USB loader

In SoftChip, Gamma and Gecko OS: Which video modes did you try? Did you try to force the language to ALL languages?

I have the US version. For video modes, I tried NTSC, force NTSC. I don't see why a US game will run off PAL video modes anyway. For the language setting, I only tried english. I do not see the rationale choosing other languages.

I would prefer to have some feedback from users who actually managed to get it to work on a JPN wii. It's meaningless if US/PAL Wii owners start coming in to report that it works on THEIR sets, since its supposed to in the first place.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you backup yourself? If downloaded it, chances are you have a crappy PAL->NTSC patched version of the game or a not working at all version.

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:
Did you backup yourself? If downloaded it, chances are you have a crappy PAL->NTSC patched version of the game or a not working at all version.

I have my own reliable sources and it definitely isn't a patched copy like using wiifri. It seems like I'm not very convincing here. Maybe you should read this thread : [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156...t&p=1992002]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156...t&p=1992002[/url]

Posts merged

QUOTE(Johnatton @ May 21 2009, 09:01 PM) You need "anyregion changer" and change game region to "USA."

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156103]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156103[/url]

I am aware of that. Would have done it long ago if I wanted to. I don't want to lose my "Wii no ma" channel which does not exist on the US region.
moogle.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok conviced now, and sorry, no idea how to fix that.

But everything you tried belongs into the 1st post, not just that you tried "everything", and the info that changing the region helps, belongs there too!

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they just coming up black screen? Perhaps you don't have IOS 38, 53, and 55. There are plenty of people with US Wiis who can't get the games to run either... and it's usually a missing IOS.

Sorry if you answered this in the other thread you linked, but I couldn't check, as it seems to be a broken link (truncated).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon