Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
factories in shenzhen do get raided by companies sometimes, but it seems pretty rare. I bet they have a system that makes it so they minimize the penalties by now, they are probably very used to being raided. I don't know if they ever shut down any factories for devices for sure. I remember hearing about Bung getting shut down but all they did was move to another building and start building again (actually I'm thinking they probably had a final assembly room raided and the place where they actually manufacture stuff was kept underground then they just used different plastic and renamed the product to mr. flash)

Also about 2 or 3 years ago, Omega (part of swatch group, switzerland) raided a factory in shenzhen and shut down production of 99% exact duplicate copies of omega seamaster professional 300m diver watches. Unfortunately for me, I managed to acquire a watch after the factory was raided so mine looks about 90% the same as an original omega watch.

Raids suck for the pirate consumer, but at least there's other products. There's other companies making slot-1 devices and likewise there's plenty of different factories making counterfeit watches and whatever else have you in that part of china
smile.gif

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had my R4 for almost a month without any spring related problems. If what you say about new springs is right that means the R4 team is listening to our suggestions. Might we see some more?

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
china is infamous for bullshit-quality springs. I used to replace springs in american starters and the chinese ones most of the time were just a piece of stock steel bent in the shape of a spring, thus didn't work. so I'd get a genuine USA AMERICAN MADE part and it'd work like a spring. chinese still need to learn something about quality control. but look how many of their flash carts cease to function or are DOA. *chuckle @ supercard*

wifi1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, they're out again, both the R4 and the Cyclo. Funny thing is, I bought one of each yesterday and got a message that it was shipped today. And I was thinking that I should wait, but thank God that didn't happen.

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the springs feel much different on these newer carts. The older one gave me no force to put it in, meaning it just slid in and popped in, and made its little click sound.

Now these newer cards I got, they feel much stronger when pushing in the SD card, and make a much louder "klunk" like sound. Thoguh Im not sure if this is because they're new or what I won't know since my older card broke after being used two times.

MrDunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why doesnt anyone buy it from http://www.gameyeeeah.com ?

its much cheaper then real hot stuff

doesnt make sense?!?

Because when you buy it from there you dont get the sandisk card reader and all your other goodies. That's why its cheaper.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
so its just an R4 in it's box?? on the page it seems like u get it like a normal r4

What's Include:
# 1 X R4 DS Card
# 1 X Micro SD Card Reader
# 1 X CD

CrystalSweet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
why doesnt anyone buy it from http://www.gameyeeeah.com ?

its much cheaper then real hot stuff

doesnt make sense?!?

Because when you buy it from there you dont get the sandisk card reader and all your other goodies. That's why its cheaper.

Wait what? Okay now im worried
unsure.gif
Whoever got them said they got everything! My order just shipped on the 13th and im waiting for it
blink.gif
Okay, now im stressed

Goochee64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is incorrect.
I ordered 2 R4s with 1 Gigs a few weeks ago and I got all the goodies. One thing different to other suppliers is that they took the packaging off the micro SD and included the the micro SD, SD adaptor and holder in the R4 boxes.
Delivery was fast to Aust, got them with in the week.

So happy with them I have just ordered another 4.

CrystalSweet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That is incorrect.
I ordered 2 R4s with 1 Gigs a few weeks ago and I got all the goodies. One thing different to other suppliers is that they took the packaging off the micro SD and included the the micro SD, SD adaptor and holder in the R4 boxes.
Delivery was fast to Aust, got them with in the week.

So happy with them I have just ordered another 4.

Phew! Thanks for telling me
biggrin.gif
Im in like Canada, and I got airmail so I hope it gets here soon. Is everything working fine on the r4s?

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
its great to know another aussie has ordered it! im gonna be ordering 9 r4s+kingston from them. I wish dealextreme still had stock lol coz i ordered like 10 from them b4 and it was hell cheap, oh wells at least gameyeeeah beats digimart and real hot stuff
smile.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Well it's wrong to increase the price when demand is high... it's like cheating whereby u are taking adv of a problem among ppl the way i see it but does it mean this is the latest build for R4 which will be available throughout the market?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's wrong to increase the price when demand is high... it's like cheating whereby u are taking adv of a problem among ppl the way i see it but does it mean this is the latest build for R4 which will be available throughout the market?

Huh? It's not cheating. It's called business! They have a product. There is a demand for the product. There is a limited supply, and relatively high demand, so they can raise the price. It sucks for those that thought they were going to pay one price a month ago and now are being charged slightly higher, but there's no law saying they can't do that. People don't understand when something goes "on sale" most times it means they fucked up judging how many they were supposed to sell, and need to get rid of overstock inventory to make way for new products. They are still making money on "sales". In this case they have a limited quantity, high demand, so obviously they want to make the most profit without alienating their consumers. Assuming the product sells well, they have achieved their goal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: