Need update for R4's

gumpface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,
I have had 2 R4 carts that were working fine, but one day a month or two ago, I stupidly set my DSi to update, and totally didn't even think about the firmware and how it might kill the carts.
I live in Australia, and as of the DSi update, it now says it's Firmware 1.4.5a.
I've attached a photo of the 2 carts I have that worked previously as a reference. The box included in one of the pics, was what the blue cart came inside. I honestly don't recall where I got the gold one.

Anywho, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get an update for either, or both of these carts to make them work with my DSi again? When I try to use them now, it recognizes them in the main menu, but as soon as I try to click on it to go to the menu where you choose games etc., it gives me an error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Box.jpg

carts.jpg

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to install Unlaunch to unblock the cards, see dsi.cfw.guide for how to mod your DSi (including Unlaunch).

Once Unlaunch is installed you should be able to launch either from the DSi Menu (if installed with Launcher Patches), Unlaunch itself, or TWiLight Menu++. You can also just use TWiLight Menu++ from the internal SD instead of a flashcard if you want, I'm not sure how good those are but I don't recognize them so there's a chance nds-bootstrap (how TWiLight runs games from internal SD) will work better.

gumpface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh my. Talking a whole new language to me now! hahaha
Thanks for the info though! I'll see if I can hunt some stuff down and if I run in to trouble, I'll holler! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs