Gaming Real or fake Pokemon gba games???

Cjwink4454

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I am new here but could use some help with a sale I am gonna my through. I have put a picture below and the games look legit, but seems like the fakes are getting better each day. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

C.J.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I am new here but could use some help with a sale I am gonna my through. I have put a picture below and the games look legit, but seems like the fakes are getting better each day. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

C.J.
I don't see a picture.

Cjwink4454

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks,

C.J.
I don't see a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 677
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 412

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They look fake to me. The Leafgreen and Emerald look "off" and the board in the Ruby looks fake to me.

and the Emeralds case is too transparent that's also a way to tell if the cart is fake

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and also look at these most of the time these fake Pokemon carts come in these cases

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not totally on topic, but there's a used games shop in my area that actually buys then resells bootleg Pokemon carts. Shiny Gold was one I saw there, can't remember the other two offhand. They didn't buy the carts online to resell, I did ask that. Apparently someone walked in with them to trade in and the store owner was intrigued enough to see if he could resell them. I found it amusing, in a good way.

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not totally on topic, but there's a used games shop in my area that actually buys then resells bootleg Pokemon carts. Shiny Gold was one I saw there, can't remember the other two offhand. They didn't buy the carts online to resell, I did ask that. Apparently someone walked in with them to trade in and the store owner was intrigued enough to see if he could resell them. I found it amusing, in a good way.

You should of bought it just for the sake of buying it I would of

FeverishJackal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was victim to buying a fake Pokemon pearl at a local gamexchange once, it sucked but I was able to get my money back. I don't think you'd have been able to though

Kannisto

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they are fake the esrb logos are wrong

img_6561.png

pretty much a dead giveaway

Good pic. Just so everyone knows, you can verify any gba game 100% by the "GAME BOY Advance" logo stamped into the cartridge itself. On EVERY bootleg game the lettering is thin and untextured. On legit games the lettering is thicker and has the same texture as the rest of the cartridge within the letters. No need to even pay attention to the label. I'm an avid collector and this has proven true 100% of the time.

Last edited by Kannisto,

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good pic. Just so everyone knows, you can verify any gba game 100% by the "GAME BOY Advance" logo stamped into the cartridge itself. On EVERY bootleg game the lettering is thin and untextured. On legit games the lettering is thicker and has the same texture as the rest of the cartridge within the letters. No need to even pay attention to the label. I'm an avid collector and this has proven true 100% of the time.

Usually the ESRB logo is dead giveaway

Kannisto

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Usually the ESRB logo is dead giveaway
But not always. I can skim through hundreds of games and pick out the bootlegs instantly. In fact a local used game shop near me always gives me deals because i regularly point out the bootlegs people have traded in. Every bootleg uses the same cartridge case (same molds to makes them, obviously some are different colours) but some labels and ESRB logos are done better then others.

Last edited by Kannisto,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This reminds me of something. My dad bought me a fake Sapphire edition when I was a kid to save money but the save file got deleted after about 400 hours of playtime. Also time-based events such as daily secret base battling only worked once. Every time relinking with a friend was necessary. At that time Pokémon was everything for me so I was very sad. What an ass to save money on something like this though. It wasn't worth it :(

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: