Gaming Rayman 3d sweet spot

dragonhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone having problems with the 3d on Rayman 3d i mean i can see the 3d but with the 3d there is like a transparent shadow of the character plus things that get close to the screen lose the effect like crazy ruining everything. is this just me or its happening to everybody

dragonhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww man i have no problems with super street fighter 4 or pilotwings just rayman now i'm scared that this will happen to the zelda game or any adventure with the same type of mechanic

B

ball2012003

I think its just that they rushed the game. If they gave it more time, I'm pretty sure it would have turned out alright.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
dragonhan said:
aww man i have no problems with super street fighter 4 or pilotwings just rayman now i'm scared that this will happen to the zelda game or any adventure with the same type of mechanic
I've tried the OoT demo and the 3D worked fine for me. The 3D has also worked fine for me for Nintendogs and Street Fighter. For LEGO Star Wars however, I find myself in a "forced, fixed spot" meaning if I wanna see the game in 3D I must be literally frozen. With the other games I can move a little bit and not lose the sweet spot at all. The games are all awesome though!!

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I find that the 'sweet spot' is also very finicky with Pilot Wings Resort too, finding myself having to turn the 3D right down sometimes so i can angle things right..otherwise the image is everywhere!

dragonhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
dragonhan said:
I've tried the OoT demo and the 3D worked fine for me. The 3D has also worked fine for me for Nintendogs and Street Fighter. For LEGO Star Wars however, I find myself in a "forced, fixed spot" meaning if I wanna see the game in 3D I must be literally frozen. With the other games I can move a little bit and not lose the sweet spot at all. The games are all awesome though!!

thank god oot worked for you that game is the only reason i got the 3ds

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayman 3D is the only game of my six that has poor ghosting in the actual design. Its the worst during cutscenes, where characters don't really appear 3D, but a ghost image resonates around them. It happens once in a while during gameplay, but quickly "Pops" back to crisp 3D, letting you know it's a poor 3D conversion job. It's still my favorite game for the 3DS though
yaynds.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
Rayman 3D is the only game of my six that has poor ghosting in the actual design. Its the worst during cutscenes, where characters don't really appear 3D, but a ghost image resonates around them. It happens once in a while during gameplay, but quickly "Pops" back to crisp 3D, letting you know it's a poor 3D conversion job. It's still my favorite game for the 3DS though
yaynds.gif

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's partly because it is a remake, where the original was not in 3D, and partly because Ubisoft sucks.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxGuru said:
I just recently ordered that game, I hope the 3d isn't as bad as everyone says.
The 3D is actually among the most impressive on the 3DS so far (at least out of my six games). When you walk past a plant or mushroom, it actually comes out of the screen, while most 3D in other games focuses on depth (into the screen). Butterflies, particle effects, and many other aspects of this game look great in 3D. The game has some noticable ghosting flaws, but they're not enough to ruin the experience.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had similar problems with Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, but I found that it cleared up if I virwed the screen from a lower angle. Folding the screen all the way open to the second click gave me that better angle.

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
linuxGuru said:
I just recently ordered that game, I hope the 3d isn't as bad as everyone says.
The 3D is actually among the most impressive on the 3DS so far (at least out of my six games). When you walk past a plant or mushroom, it actually comes out of the screen, while most 3D in other games focuses on depth (into the screen). Butterflies, particle effects, and many other aspects of this game look great in 3D. The game has some noticable ghosting flaws, but they're not enough to ruin the experience.

Thats good to know, thanks.

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have tried pilot wings, streetfighter and rayman 3d. the 3d works very good for me in all games. but i get doubble pictures in some videos in rayman 3d.
i do not think that nintendo would allow oot 3d's 3d effects to fail

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think