Rayman 3d sweet spot

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by dragonhan, Apr 9, 2011.

Apr 9, 2011

Rayman 3d sweet spot by dragonhan at 11:00 PM (1,429 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. dragonhan
    OP

Newcomer dragonhan Member

United States
    is anyone having problems with the 3d on Rayman 3d i mean i can see the 3d but with the 3d there is like a transparent shadow of the character plus things that get close to the screen lose the effect like crazy ruining everything. is this just me or its happening to everybody

2. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

Happens for me too.

3. dragonhan
    OP

United States
    aww man i have no problems with super street fighter 4 or pilotwings just rayman now i'm scared that this will happen to the zelda game or any adventure with the same type of mechanic

4. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

I think its just that they rushed the game. If they gave it more time, I'm pretty sure it would have turned out alright.

5. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I've tried the OoT demo and the 3D worked fine for me. The 3D has also worked fine for me for Nintendogs and Street Fighter. For LEGO Star Wars however, I find myself in a "forced, fixed spot" meaning if I wanna see the game in 3D I must be literally frozen. With the other games I can move a little bit and not lose the sweet spot at all. The games are all awesome though!!

6. boombox

Member boombox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I find that the 'sweet spot' is also very finicky with Pilot Wings Resort too, finding myself having to turn the 3D right down sometimes so i can angle things right..otherwise the image is everywhere!

7. dragonhan
    OP

United States
    thank god oot worked for you that game is the only reason i got the 3ds

8. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    Rayman 3D is the only game of my six that has poor ghosting in the actual design. Its the worst during cutscenes, where characters don't really appear 3D, but a ghost image resonates around them. It happens once in a while during gameplay, but quickly "Pops" back to crisp 3D, letting you know it's a poor 3D conversion job. It's still my favorite game for the 3DS though [​IMG]

9. linuxGuru

Member linuxGuru GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just recently ordered that game, I hope the 3d isn't as bad as everyone says.

10. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's partly because it is a remake, where the original was not in 3D, and partly because Ubisoft sucks.

11. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    The 3D is actually among the most impressive on the 3DS so far (at least out of my six games). When you walk past a plant or mushroom, it actually comes out of the screen, while most 3D in other games focuses on depth (into the screen). Butterflies, particle effects, and many other aspects of this game look great in 3D. The game has some noticable ghosting flaws, but they're not enough to ruin the experience.

12. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I've had similar problems with Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, but I found that it cleared up if I virwed the screen from a lower angle. Folding the screen all the way open to the second click gave me that better angle.

13. linuxGuru

Member linuxGuru GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thats good to know, thanks.

14. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Haha glad im not the only one who noticed this. And no, 3d doesnt help with platforming in this game. Its pretty much shit. But i like rayman so yeah.

Yes, this game is just a direct port, no enhancements.

15. dragonhan
    OP

United States
    yeah i like rayman too so i'm still gonna play it

16. olleb

Newcomer olleb Advanced Member

Sweden
    i have tried pilot wings, streetfighter and rayman 3d. the 3d works very good for me in all games. but i get doubble pictures in some videos in rayman 3d.
    i do not think that nintendo would allow oot 3d's 3d effects to fail