Hacking RawkSD

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to add a feature in rawksd that auto-creates charts for hard, medium and easy by simplifying an expert chart, just like how theGHOST does for GH3 wii customs?
i think it would save a lot of time for all charters

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
is it possible to add a feature in rawksd that auto-creates charts for hard, medium and easy by simplifying an expert chart, just like how theGHOST does for GH3 wii customs?

tueidjIt's up to Aaron, but I'd say no because they're called customs, not autos.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
I think it's already been decided that RawkSD won't do this.

Personally, I think it's important that charters get used to making lower difficulty charts. The hard and medium charts are arguably the most important charts of all given the average skill level - simply removing notes in an automated process would produce a chart that misses the nuances of the music. Follow the charting documentation on the wiki at creators.rockband.com and make them yourself. For me, I can do a full instrument expert chart in 1 to 1-1/2 hours, the hard chart will take about 20 minutes, medium takes 10, and easy takes five minutes. The result is a high-quality, fully-compatible chart.

Then again, I think every charter should set camera and venue events in their charts and stop being lazy, but maybe I'm crazy
tongue.gif

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
sure, but im not as skilled in charting as the rest of the crowd and it takes me a good couple of hours to a day to chart an expert track, so i like to take shortcuts
tongue.gif

plus, ive never had issues with offbeats, wrong notes, etc while playing the easier charts via auto generator in theGHOST.

bit off topic here... call me crazy, but i prefer to chart vocals over everything else. maybe cos i only have to worry about no difficulty at all, since RB takes care of that for me
tongue.gif

you need a vox chart done, come talk to me. (as long as im not busy
biggrin.gif
)

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
Then again, I think every charter should set camera and venue events in their charts and stop being lazy, but maybe I'm crazy
tongue.gif

Oh God, that is SO hard. I don't know why. I can whip out a full-band-full-difficulty (FBFD?) chart in two hours but I'm stoned as anything when it comes to anims. 'Cept lipsyncs.

QUOTE(vegemikee @ Feb 27 2010, 02:27 PM) bit off topic here... call me crazy, but i prefer to chart vocals over everything else. maybe cos i only have to worry about no difficulty at all, since RB takes care of that for me
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
)

You. You are my new favorite person.

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone briefly clarify if the following works:

Paid-for DLC on one SD card.
RawkSD patcher/customs on second.
Run RawkSD patcher.

Can I then still play my paid DLC just by using the first SD card and customs by using the second? I want to keep my paid DLC and customs seperate but still be able to use the paid DLC without having to redownload it from the store every time.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stalkid64 said:
Could someone briefly clarify if the following works:

Paid-for DLC on one SD card.
RawkSD patcher/customs on second.
Run RawkSD patcher.

Can I then still play my paid DLC just by using the first SD card and customs by using the second? I want to keep my paid DLC and customs seperate but still be able to use the paid DLC without having to redownload it from the store every time.

Yes you can, I am doing it right now. I have two 2GB SD cards, one has all my DLC, the other all my Customs. Just run the RawkSD patcher with the SD Card that has all the customs every time before you play Rock Band 2. Then you can swap between the SD Cards during Rock Band 2 if you want to go from your customs to your dlc, or vice versa. =)

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
Just run the RawkSD patcher with the SD Card that has all the customs every time before you play Rock Band 2. Then you can swap between the SD Cards during Rock Band 2 if you want to go from your customs to your dlc, or vice versa. =)
For me, I only have to rerun the patcher everytime my paid-for DLC changes.

Edit: I have the exact same. 2*2gb

Finnulf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maurice10 said:
For me, I only have to rerun the patcher everytime my paid-for DLC changes.

Edit: I have the exact same. 2*2gb

This ^

You only need to run the patcher if you purchase more DLC from the music store, since doing that seems to stomp out the RawkSD import save on the NAND.

If you're creative enough, it doesn't take much to mix and match the imports with DLC. I have a 4GB Transcend with 195 imports from various games I own (RB1, AC/DC, GHWT, GH5) - you can find out which .bin files are for each song simply by looking into the data files in the RawkSD folder. We've put around fifty of our imports onto our "party" SD card (another 4GB Transcend) - this was mostly to shut up all our 360 friends who kept asking where such-and-such RB1 song was. I've also added a few imports to my more hard rock oriented card (another 4GB Transcend).

I'll write out the details sometime soon, if anyone else is interested in having mixed import/DLC cards... something to do while RSD3 goes through its QA phase.
wink.gif

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
SSJ4-Cassis said:
QUOTE said:
I'm guessing your problem is that you're not changing that Track Name event in the MIDI track you copy over, it's the first text event at time 0, it needs to be changed.
Sorry AerialX I don't know much about Reaper. Can you instruct me on how do I change that ?
In REAPER, double-click the instrument part track to open the MIDI editor. At the bottom of the editor box is a section for text events, represented as green arrow-box-thingies. The first one is the Track Name while the rest are Events. Double-click the track name and change it to correspond to the instrument for that track.

Thanks man. It didn't work with double-clicking (tried everywhere on the "docked" panel at bottom of page), but managed to r-click it and choose a menu option to view stuff as "Event list" instead of "Piano roll" and it was possible to change the name there - then it worked! Now I can play guitar and "fake" bass
biggrin.gif

Next thing I will try will be figuring out how to create the lower difficulty charts from the Expert charts I've got at FoF.

Thanks again Szalkow

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
hey i heard 3.0 was out today...

Boy, you wish! I am ready I have everything I need for it. So if it does come out tonight or anytime soon, i'll be ready. I am tired of having ROCK BAND PARTIES and having to switch cards all the time.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
SFenton said:
Szalkow said:
tongue.gif

Oh God, that is SO hard. I don't know why. I can whip out a full-band-full-difficulty (FBFD?) chart in two hours but I'm stoned as anything when it comes to anims. 'Cept lipsyncs.

QUOTE(vegemikee @ Feb 27 2010, 02:27 PM) bit off topic here... call me crazy, but i prefer to chart vocals over everything else. maybe cos i only have to worry about no difficulty at all, since RB takes care of that for me
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
)

You. You are my new favorite person.

hah.
looks like the constant bugging and annoying i did on RawkSD's irc channel paid off huh

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've patched my Wii with the patcher, and I've used a GH:WT and RB1 ISO to rip all the songs using the RawkSD program, and I've put the songs on my SD card. I've used the installer, and it says it's installing customs, then it says there's an error. I'm using a real Rock Band 2 DVD from Gamestop.

Wut?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...