Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
GusMing said:
no i am playing right now and they aren't X+

come see if you don't believe me http://www.blogtv.com/People/GusMing57 i'll be on for about another hour till late tonight

well if that is X+ it's damn sad you don't even need 2 pedals then later tonight i will make the customs with the real double bass
I personally have never tried so I can't guarantee that you'll get Ex+ charts. Note that you will only import Ex+ with RawkSD 2.00, as 2.01 and 2.02 have removed the Ex+ importing. The wiki does not explicitly link to RawkSD 2.00, meaning unless you downloaded it when 2.00 first came out or you know how the secret backlog download links work (I forget), you don't actually have 2.00. Also, remember that not every song has Expert+, so check the original disc to see if the song you're trying has it charted.

EDIT: it turns out that Version 2.00 was never archived (2.01 came out the same day and was kept instead), so I found a backed-up copy of 2.00 I kept and had Aaron upload it to the wiki. You can now obtain version 2.00 at http://japaneatahand.com/rawksd/rawksd090109.zip (all other backlogged versions also follow the rawksdMMDDYY format if you know the dates).

alright gonna check now if this works you are the man well thanks either way brb with my findings got my stream going if you want to watch if i am playing normal songs i am just waiting for the rips http://www.blogtv.com/People/GusMing57

installed mater, fade and fuel with 2.0 and used the wii install from that too and in game they come up as 3 other songs so no go there

put the new wii installer back on songs were seen but no X+
frown.gif
gonna do the rip from the game now with 2.00

ok here i go with just fuel for now on the stream

it installs with the wrong names so i guess no go well thanks for the help anyways i will toss my custom master of puppets on here and if anyone is up to play let me know in the chat room i am up to play

GusMing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK got it you have to rip and install from pc with the 2.00 then just install on wii with new verion and i got fuel to work sweet and thanks for the help i am a happy happy man now
smile.gif

jlv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Anyways for the .ogg thingymabob, open up Audacity and import all four .oggs. Make sure you know which channel is which- For instance, channel 1 could be guitar, 2, vocals, 3 drums, 4 rhythm, etc. Then, export your file as a WAV...
You can also just export it as 'ogg'... it just ends up multitrack (e.g., 8 tracks). RawkSD handles this just fine. The combined .ogg will be much smaller than the .wav, and I think it will avoid a needless D->A->D conversion (since RawkSD converts the input back to ogg).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Audacity's vorbis compressor is outdated and kinda sucks though. It likes to mangle vocals until they're barely understandable, and if you compensate by setting the quality too high it uses too much bitrate and crashes the game.

GusMing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new question is there a way to get ahold of the death magnetic audio and preview files for GHM that are missing from them?

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to convert newly released Guitar Hero DLC to Rockband 2? I saw the new DLC for Black Sabbath is coming out sometime soon and wondered if there is a way to convert it to Rockband 2 through Rawksd? ... sorry if this has been asked already

GusMing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
GusMing said:
new question is there a way to get ahold of the death magnetic audio and preview files for GHM that are missing from them?

I posted it a few pages back if you can find it.

Yea i saw that but don't know how to get the files. Do you off hand know where to get them? Can you use the ones from GH5 dlc to do it that we have now?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Ozzy1980 @ Feb 21 2010, 08:40 PM)
Is there a way to convert newly released Guitar Hero DLC to Rockband 2? I saw the new DLC for Black Sabbath is coming out sometime soon and wondered if there is a way to convert it to Rockband 2 through Rawksd? ... sorry if this has been asked already

lol many times and no you can't

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GusMing said:
SFenton said:
GusMing said:

I posted it a few pages back if you can find it.

Yea i saw that but don't know how to get the files. Do you off hand know where to get them? Can you use the ones from GH5 dlc to do it that we have now?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Ozzy1980 @ Feb 21 2010, 08:40 PM)

lol many times and no you can't

Thanks

irhxcbcziuzxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few questions...

1. Is there any way to get ANY of the DLC content from the GH games to Rock Band 2?

2. Ive been using RawkSD to import GH5 / WT and Aerosmith, WT and GH5 are bik files? Can this still be done?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irhxcbcziuzxs said:
1. Is there any way to get ANY of the DLC content from the GH games to Rock Band 2?No, probably because it would be difficult to allow DLC importing in such a way that doesn't enable DLC piracy. Currently, RawkSD doesn't mess with DLC.
QUOTE2. Ive been using RawkSD to import GH5 / WT and Aerosmith, WT and GH5 are bik files? Can this still be done?
Is this a question? RawkSD can import GH5, GHWT, and GH: Aerosmith. It probably uses different decryption methods for different formats but it still gets the job done.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's the video on YouTube showing the ability to put RB DLC onto a usb drive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKnqF7dBBg

I asked about it in a separate topic and was told to look in this thread for information but after looking through 100+ pages am unable to see anything about it. Can someone please link me to the info? I know there's no release date, but I'd like to know more about it if possible.

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
there was a video displaying rawksd 3.0's main feature, but it was pulled by viacom.

the main feature is that it can load dlc and customs from a usb drive (similar to the video you linked to) or sdhc cards. it can import songs from the latest rock band and guitar hero games (lego, band hero), but not from the beatles (don't ask). i recall reading something about ps2 instrument support too, but i'm not too sure about that.

as to why it's not out yet, one can only guess. maybe they're testing for bugs, adding new features, or they've had a finished version done for months but dont want to release it because they want to punish us for our sins
lecture.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone tried rawksd with hermes v5? my rawksd is broken for some reason (corrupted game save a few weeks back, and rawksd has been refusing to reinstall). i haven't looked too far into it. mainly bummed about losing the game save, but it was my fault for pushing the nand completely full

fwiw, hermes v5 resolves nand/sd dlc glitch. and as of today, usblgx supports v5
smile.gif
smile.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
So there's the video on YouTube showing the ability to put RB DLC onto a usb drive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKnqF7dBBg

I asked about it in a separate topic and was told to look in this thread for information but after looking through 100+ pages am unable to see anything about it. Can someone please link me to the info? I know there's no release date, but I'd like to know more about it if possible.That video was a precursor to the currently-developing version, more as a proof-of-concept than anything.

RawkSD 3.0 details are sparse. The main features, however:
* Loading customs and DLC from USB or SDHC
* Updating importing to support Lego Rock Band, Band Hero, and Van Halen
Other features included in the development which are rumored or speculated to be included
* Might allow PS2 USB instrument support (Xbox360 controllers were also looked at but determined to be too much work)
* Might include various mini-fixes, such as a sped-up intro credit sequence (as seen in the now-removed video) and hammer-on chord fixing (similar to that done for other consoles)

titiln said:
as to why it's not out yet, one can only guess. maybe they're testing for bugs, adding new features, or they've had a finished version done for months but dont want to release it because they want to punish us for our sins
lecture.gif
My guess is mostly because of extensive stability testing and bugfixing. While they've gotten the mechanics functioning, there is apparently a lot left to do before it's releasable. Retribution is also a likely cause, because we've certainly done nothing to deserve a release.

QUOTE(ziddey @ Feb 23 2010, 08:09 PM)
anyone tried rawksd with hermes v5? my rawksd is broken for some reason (corrupted game save a few weeks back, and rawksd has been refusing to reinstall). i haven't looked too far into it. mainly bummed about losing the game save, but it was my fault for pushing the nand completely full

fwiw, hermes v5 resolves nand/sd dlc glitch. and as of today, usblgx supports v5
smile.gif
smile.gif
It's been tested and seems to work with Hermes v5, although using it with RawkSD makes tueidj a sad panda. I'd personally discourage it anyway, as there's still room for error and a glitch could compromise your Rock Band saves. More importantly, people who use this method will be disappointed upon the release of RawkSD v3.0 since it will not support cIOSes.

GusMing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
It's been tested and seems to work with Hermes v5, although using it with RawkSD makes tueidj a sad panda.

We don't take kindly to panda bears!

BARKEEP Now, calm down, Skeeter. He ain't hurtin' nobody.

Love that episode. Classic

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't care what people do with RawkSD as long as they don't clog up this thread and IRC with questions about things we don't support.

RawkSD v3 will be out when it has enough cowbell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch