Hacking RawkSD

D

Deleted User

I have what is probably a pretty dumb question, and forgive me if it's ever been mentioned in this (fairly) extensive thread (most of which I've read at some point in time). What is the point of USB support for Rawk songs if RB2 can't handle more than 2GB of SD storage? Has this limit been fixed or worked around to the point where it's only a pseudo-physical limit of SD in the Wii? (And thus why USB can be used.) I guess I'm asking what USB support can offer if it could only be a 2GB flash stick, to which there doesn't seem to be much point.

I'm genuinely curious on this. I haven't yet used the program yet, I likely will at some point but may wait for the USB support if it makes sense. I have a large USB drive I used for game loading that I would happily fill with downloaded songs and custom tracks if space isn't a limit anymore. Thanks to all that work on this great program!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bananaslug79 said:
What is the point of USB support for Rawk songs if RB2 can't handle more than 2GB of SD storage? Has this limit been fixed or worked around to the point where it's only a pseudo-physical limit of SD in the Wii? (And thus why USB can be used.)
You've pretty much answered your own question there. Also it's not just adding USB support, but also SDHC.

CDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tueidj? Is it true I'll be able to run RB2 from a USB loader when this is released? (Sorry I couldn't help myself
gbasp.gif
)

Real question inc....

I've got a PAL Wii with a US disc. At the moment, I use preloader on 4.1 to load it and everythings hunky dorey. Thing is, with this new build (and I'm guessing it's HBC loader) chances are preloader won't get a look in. Does this mean I'll have to change the region of my Wii or will your IOS37 patch circumvent any region checking?

Any help (As always) gratefully received.

CDZ.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions to ask...I do apologize since the answers are probably buried in this thread, but it is over 80 pages long!!!

So I downloaded RawkSD yesterday and unzipped the file. It gave me an apps folder with a two other folders inside....which i assume I place in my apps folder on my SD card. But along with it came several other files, including some .dll files. Do I need those somewhere on the SD card?

I have started reading the 80+ page thread, but am I correct that an original copy of Rock Band 2 is needed in order to use RawkSD? USB or backup discs don't work??

Also, I am guessing, but DLC are songs purchased throuigh the store and customs are songs mapped by others, right? Are DLCs available as customs?

clusten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
spritefreak said:
I have a few questions to ask...I do apologize since the answers are probably buried in this thread, but it is over 80 pages long!!!

So I downloaded RawkSD yesterday and unzipped the file. It gave me an apps folder with a two other folders inside....which i assume I place in my apps folder on my SD card. But along with it came several other files, including some .dll files. Do I need those somewhere on the SD card?

I have started reading the 80+ page thread, but am I correct that an original copy of Rock Band 2 is needed in order to use RawkSD? USB or backup discs don't work??

Also, I am guessing, but DLC are songs purchased throuigh the store and customs are songs mapped by others, right? Are DLCs available as customs?
To use RawkSD you need copy only de 'apps' folder to SD. The other files is used in a PC (you need to add from a pc the customs), you dont need to copy that files to the SD. You cant use a USB/Disc Backup loader now, because they recognize the custom DLC but mark it "out-to-date" (the latest cIOS and cIOSCORP uses a newer IOS37 that have other Encryptation).
The only DLCs available as customs are the ones imported from track pack (other metods are ilegal)

PD: Sorry for my english, im speak only spanish xD

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clusten said:
spritefreak said:

To use RawkSD you need copy only de 'apps' folder to SD. The other files is used in a PC (you need to add from a pc the customs), you dont need to copy that files to the SD. You cant use a USB/Disc Backup loader now, because they recognize the custom DLC but mark it "out-to-date" (the latest cIOS and cIOSCORP uses a newer IOS37 that have other Encryptation).
The only DLCs available as customs are the ones imported from track pack (other metods are ilegal)

PD: Sorry for my english, im speak only spanish xD

If I don't have any DLC, then can I use a backup game?

Also, is RawkSD only compatible with up to a 2GB SD card?

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero.echelon said:
duh!
RawkSD is ONLY for DLC & Customs (aka cDLC)

DUH!!! I understand what RawkSD is for....but the last person that responded to me said that DLC would give an "out-of-date" message when playing a backup disc. If I only use custom imports, and I never buy and DLCs from the store, then is using a backup possible?

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
spritefreak said:
zero.echelon said:
duh!
RawkSD is ONLY for DLC & Customs (aka cDLC)

DUH!!! I understand what RawkSD is for....but the last person that responded to me said that DLC would give an "out-of-date" message when playing a backup disc. If I only use custom imports, and I never buy and DLCs from the store, then is using a backup possible?
Its the same thing, Imports = cDLC

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
been using this for a while, works great on disc rip of rb1 and GH from ps2 and also works like a treat on most of my old ps2 custom discs.

so finally gonna put some new custom and trying to learn since been doin custom for PS2 only.

grab a song on Frets on Fire and put it on rawk sd like in the tutorials... like select song, chart/mid, and filled up the name, identifier and stuffs... transfer it to the SD card, pop it up to the wii, ran rawksd installer and run rockband.. but i can't find it on the set list

any idea what i'm doing wrong on making custom songs? my songs from ps2 GH2 custom disc shows.. i don't wanna make a custom disc for ps2 then import it on rawksd to make it appear on the wii

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks...that is all you had to say the first time. No need to be mean about it...just asking! And what about the SD card question....is RawkSD only compatible with up to a 2GB non-HC SD card??

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
Thanks...that is all you had to say the first time. No need to be mean about it...just asking! And what about the SD card question....is RawkSD only compatible with up to a 2GB non-HC SD card??The current version of RawkSD (2.0.X) will only work with storage devices that Rock Band 2 itself accepts - standard non-HC SD cards, which typically only go up to 2GB but can be found in 4GB. The next major revision will include compatibility with SDHC cards (max 32 GB) and USB drives (max 2TB for FAT). You can find 4GB SD cards by Transcend on Newegg for about $25, but with the new RawkSD on its way I would wait.

Also, the customs are handled just like DLC, so if you do something that messes up DLC support (such as use a backup copy or have cIOSCORP's IOS37 installed) it will mess up customs as well. RawkSD is only guaranteed to work with retail discs on a non-CORP system.

QUOTE(happydance @ Jan 7 2010, 11:31 AM) so finally gonna put some new custom and trying to learn since been doin custom for PS2 only.

grab a song on Frets on Fire and put it on rawk sd like in the tutorials... like select song, chart/mid, and filled up the name, identifier and stuffs... transfer it to the SD card, pop it up to the wii, ran rawksd installer and run rockband.. but i can't find it on the set list

any idea what i'm doing wrong on making custom songs? my songs from ps2 GH2 custom disc shows.. i don't wanna make a custom disc for ps2 then import it on rawksd to make it appear on the wii
Check a couple of things. First: if your audio is not multi-track and does not have a drum track, you will need to either check the "fix for quickplay" box or add an empty drums audio track using Audacity. Second: you will need to edit the song's info and give every instrument a difficulty. If you leave an instrument at 0, it will not show up at all. Numbers for difficulty tiers can be found here: http://rawksd.japaneatahand.com/wiki/Tiers. The second issue is probably why your customs won't show (disc rips automatically fill in difficulty based on position on the setlist).

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
j0shuakane said:
what about ntfs support in the new version? my 1T passport will only let me format in ntfs.
I don't think NTFS support is planned, but it's up to the devs. You CAN format your 1TB in FAT, Windows is stupid and puts an artificial 32GB limit on FAT formats. Grab a third-party free program like fat32format.exe or SwissKnife (XP only) to format larger drives to FAT32.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks Szalkow! got the custom working now, and just like you said i forgot to fill up the tiers. and after i filled it up it shows and plays great on wii!!!

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Szalkow said:
j0shuakane said:
what about ntfs support in the new version? my 1T passport will only let me format in ntfs.
I don't think NTFS support is planned, but it's up to the devs. You CAN format your 1TB in FAT, Windows is stupid and puts an artificial 32GB limit on FAT formats. Grab a third-party free program like fat32format.exe or SwissKnife (XP only) to format larger drives to FAT32.
Ill have to format mi HDD then.
Is there any problem having 3 partitions in the disc? RawkSD 3 will recognise the FAT partition?
(P1 = NTFS (4GB+ files), P2 = FAT, P3 = WBFS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: