Hacking RawkSD

DaeronR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a small question:

Will it be released a PAL version like the one without disc import? (not talking about that DLC thing from a couple of pages before, I mean the same app with the same, or almost the same functions)
That would be great

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
By the sounds of it we cant with the new RawkSD cus you need the original disc, so all PAL users will be screwed. If thats a side effect of the method used for the new RawkSD then fair enough, but if its an anti-pirating feature then i dont get it. RawkSD isnt a reason to get into playing back ups, its a nice side feature of RB2, piracy should be left to Nintendo to sort out. Before RawkSD every method of GH/RB customs on every system needed back up discs, i cant see why its an issue now.
I don't think it's intentionally an anti-piracy thing. If I hear correctly, the new RawkSD installer/launcher depends on a cIOS of sorts which allows for USB loading. The authors have simply decided it's not important to include backup loader capabilities in the IOS. So, you can't run this in conjunction with cIOS249/222 and it won't itself support backup loaders. It will only run with retail discs. Note that that does not necessarily exclude PAL users from using an NTSC disc.

I don't know anything about any plans for a PAL-specific release, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you saying that to get the latest version of rawksd, to work . That us pal users are going to some how get hold of an original NTSC version ?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't know for sure that any of this will work for PAL Wii's whether or not you have an NTSC disc, it's a guess at this point. Wait and see.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
crezwell said:
By the sounds of it we cant with the new RawkSD cus you need the original disc, so all PAL users will be screwed. If thats a side effect of the method used for the new RawkSD then fair enough, but if its an anti-pirating feature then i dont get it. RawkSD isnt a reason to get into playing back ups, its a nice side feature of RB2, piracy should be left to Nintendo to sort out. Before RawkSD every method of GH/RB customs on every system needed back up discs, i cant see why its an issue now.
I don't think it's intentionally an anti-piracy thing. If I hear correctly, the new RawkSD installer/launcher depends on a cIOS of sorts which allows for USB loading. The authors have simply decided it's not important to include backup loader capabilities in the IOS. So, you can't run this in conjunction with cIOS249/222 and it won't itself support backup loaders. It will only run with retail discs. Note that that does not necessarily exclude PAL users from using an NTSC disc.

I don't know anything about any plans for a PAL-specific release, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Yeah wait and see i guess. Dont get me wrong, i have much appreciation to the RawkSD guys and its the custom side rather than the importing other discs that floats my boat, but space is at a premium now. Hopefully it will include back up support of some kind cus myself and maybe others will be forced to stop making custom charts that the whole community uses. i guess using a back up but not importing other games makes me half pirate, i have the parrot but dont have the wooden leg. Dont kill us half pirates man!!!

It does sound kinda anti-piracy tho if they decided its not important....
smile.gif

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
crezwell said:

Sounds reasonable, either way, I can not wait for the release. Keep up the good work.

Peache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to be a beta tester if you need anyone. I've got sucked in to do a Rock Band party on the weekend and would be perfect if i could use the new Rawk SD by then (Meh...probably won't be a beta tester but it's worth to ask politely
tongue.gif
)

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
With the new release of Rawk modern warfare on it's way shortly does anyone know for sure if you will need an original RB2 or is this just speculation?

Is it time for me to sell my unopened/unpackaged copy of GH3 LOR on fleabay and buy a copy of RB2 as its finally been released in the uk OR should i keep my copy of gh3 because of the new AerialX's mod of 'theghost's answer to custom GH3 via original disc and preloaded dlc through sd cards as seen on yu0tub3?

Or just keep GH3 Lor and buy RB2 as well? I just want all my fav tunes on one game under the best engine rather than spaced across 10 or more games but i think that what everyone wants deep down!
smile.gif

thanks in advance!
smile.gif

DaeronR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
melodical said:
With the new release of Rawk modern warfare on it's way shortly does anyone know for sure if you will need an original RB2 or is this just speculation?

Is it time for me to sell my unopened/unpackaged copy of GH3 LOR on fleabay and buy a copy of RB2 as its finally been released in the uk OR should i keep my copy of gh3 because of the new AerialX's mod of 'theghost's answer to custom GH3 via original disc and preloaded dlc through sd cards as seen on yu0tub3?

Or just keep GH3 Lor and buy RB2 as well? I just want all my fav tunes on one game under the best engine rather than spaced across 10 or more games but i think that what everyone wants deep down!
smile.gif

thanks in advance!
smile.gif

I have both of them and they're the best engines for each respective franchise. I'd say keep GH3 and get RB2 as well

rafaelfrota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question.
I know I can use that hack to download all DLC via Wii, and they are in .bin format.
Since RB2 does not support SDHC, can I convert .bin in a format that RawkSD supports?

TuxedoKMax

Trophies
Website
www.kevinsmithballroom.com
XP
Country
United States
I've read through many pages but have not yet seen an answer to this question, please forgive if it's already posted somewhere!

Do we know if the DLC can be stored on a WBFS-formatted drive, or if we will need to set up a separate partition? If so, is there a recommended procedure for adding a FAT partition to a drive already formatted WBFS and containing backups?

Thanks!

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
TuxedoKMax said:
I've read through many pages but have not yet seen an answer to this question, please forgive if it's already posted somewhere!

Do we know if the DLC can be stored on a WBFS-formatted drive, or if we will need to set up a separate partition? If so, is there a recommended procedure for adding a FAT partition to a drive already formatted WBFS and containing backups?

Thanks!

Duh, that will be known when is released...
I recomend make a partition 4 storing DLC

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't actually know for sure, but I'd say chances are pretty slim that it'll use wbfs when it doesn't actually need to.

Best way is to use a backup manager to extract the games to your PC, then reformat the drive into multiple partitions. I don't think there's any way to resize a wbfs partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make up songs all the time "The driver in front of me shouldn't be allowed to breathe" that... +2