Rare gaming accessories you own. Good and bad ones.

rare_gaming.JPG

Many of us have some rare and hard to come by games in collections, or at least things we hope to one day stumble across a seller clueless about the cost of, but this is not about that. This is about accessories for gaming devices instead.

Share some of your rare, hard to come by or rather overlooked gaming accessories. If you happen to have a first gen Steel Battalion controller, or perhaps some original gamecube component cables, the feel free to share but we are also very much after the weird, wonderful and things most people probably don't know exist, and ones some might say should never have existed. They need not be in any way official or sanctioned either, however make it something that is at least theoretically useful for gaming rather than a stuffed toy shaped like a game character (we can have that thread later).

Pictured above is an xbox 360 memory card. 256 megabytes in this case, which means it came bundled with the arcade bundle (one with no hard drive), and was not even available at retail so retail plebs would have to suffer 64 megabytes instead (there was eventually a 512 meg version, some even with games preloaded). Prior to Microsoft graciously giving people the option to have USB memory for their saves, profiles and transfer thereof we had memory cards for it -- the original xbox 360 models might not have had HDMI support but they did have USB, even if an unbranded 1 gig would have set you back over £40 at the time. The 360 slim models don't however even have the port for them, and while Datel made a transfer kit to our knowledge there is no official device for it (we guess that is the original "Fortunately we have a device for that, it is called xbox 360").

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only 'rare' accessories I have are the InterAct HandyPak for my Pokémon Yellow GBC (looks just like the image I found online), a headphone adapter for a GBA, the squiggly light adapter thing for GBA, a GBA Player for my Gamecube (lost the disc though...), a clear turbo controller for the SNES (just like the image below), and a 3-game chooser for my GBA SP.
100_0568.JPG

high_frequency_turbo_Clear__34595.1415904381.500.500.jpg

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I used to own but sold (for a pretty penny of like $80 USD) a DK64 Nintendo 64 controller. I didn't even know it was considered rare for most of the duration of time I owned it. Was glad to send it off to someone who could properly appreciate it and its value and get some money in return, though. :)

nintendo-64-controller-dk64.jpg

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last year I found myself a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 CIB at the thrift store for $8. I picked that up and tried it with War Thunder; the force feedback was amazing. When I'd pitch my plane too aggressively it'd shake the stick, and when I'd crash the stick would go haywire. I looked up the stick to see how much it would have cost if it was brand new and found that it was actually sold in the '90's. These go for over $200 CIB and about $100 without box.

A couple weeks ago I found another one at the same thrift store for $5. Snatched that real fast. I've used both to play with my friends whenever they come over. The fact that we're both terrible at aiming our low-level planes (no auto stabilize) makes dogfights hysterical XD
mY58V7I.png

fNUOzuP.jpg
7svpcuC.jpg

(The ugly placemat is so the base of the flight stick doesn't damage my mousepad. Excuse the cables, each stick uses a power and USB cable.)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Supposedly Mario Kart Super Circuit is compatible with the wireless adapter but I don't know if is just the Japan and Europe release or all of all.
Definitely not the European version, it was a launch title for the GBA but Pokemon FR/LG were launch titles for the wireless adapter :)
...wait, maybe you mean that the Japanese version supports the GBC mobile adapter? I've heard of that too (but never verified it)

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Definitely not the European version, it was a launch title for the GBA but Pokemon FR/LG were launch titles for the wireless adapter :)
...wait, maybe you mean that the Japanese version supports the GBC mobile adapter? I've heard of that too (but never verified it)

Is a GBA game so nope.

I definitely should get a flashkart for GBA one of these days.

adimifus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother used to work at a used video game store, and I had him keep an eye out for Gamecube component cables for me, because why not? I never actually thought he'd come across any, but in a span of a couple months he found TWO sets. I paid ~$20 combined for them. Granted, this was around 2010 when they were only going for around $100-150...
d2tnWDX.jpg

I've also got a black Hori Gamecube digital controller (one of those that looks like an SNES controller) and a CIB copy of Another World for the Atari Jaguar that I bought new. (It's not an accessory, but these are going for $300+ on Ebay now...)

EDIT: Oh, I also have the 256MB Xbox 360 memory card shown in the first post :P

Last edited by adimifus,
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, someone else that has one too! I still have the box and little velvet felt bag it came with. (Made it seem even more inappropriate...) LOL
Got it years ago from eBay. Actually works and pretty neat how every level of the game has a different vibration pattern.
Mine is CIB, too. Along with the game.

MarKSlasH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not Super rare but I have a M3 Perfect mini SD, the ones that match a normal gba cartridge size and only works with sd cards formatted on Windows XP.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The only two that come to my mind is V-Rally 2's steering wheel and pedals for PS1, and The House of the Dead Overkill's magnum lightgun accessory for the wiimote

evil goober

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two power gloves, super scope, a yellow Gameboy camera, and a grey camera for gba, media player for gba two many flash cards for the ds, and two weird controllers that hook up to the TV one has a slot for snes carts and the other one is for nes carts.

calagan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Probably not that rare, but CD64 backup device for N64.

I also own the Suncom Joy-Sensor joypad for Atari, which if IMHO the very best controller to kick your friends' ar$es at Summer Games running/swimming events and other games that require a lot of waggling.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my 2 Supercard DS1's and 2 DStwo's and R4i all from since the DS lite was first sold, my PSP GO 16 GB card (which apparently are rarer than hens' teeth these days, tried to buy a 32 just to find they never made one)..

I also have an original stand for Kid Icarus (one of my fav 3ds games) a Mini SD card adapter (from when I owned a Dingoo) and finally (probably best suited for here) a GBA Game Shark which works perfectly (on my Micro) along with a book of codes , most which I'm sure are on the net somewhere these days. You can add codes manually to the G. Shark and it saves them in memory permanently.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my 2 Supercard DS1's and 2 DStwo's and R4i all from since the DS lite was first sold, my PSP GO 16 GB card (which apparently are rarer than hens' teeth these days, tried to buy a 32 just to find they never made one)..

I also have an original stand for Kid Icarus (one of my fav 3ds games) a Mini SD card adapter (from when I owned a Dingoo) and finally (probably best suited for here) a GBA Game Shark which works perfectly (on my Micro) along with a book of codes , most which I'm sure are on the net somewhere these days. You can add codes manually to the G. Shark and it saves them in memory permanently.
Interesting. I didn't think those things were rare. I have 2 DSTWOs myself, and I sent 2 to my friend in the states (the first one for lost in mail (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻). What's cool is the second one I sent her was a very rare version which is actually a DSTWO+ sold as a DSTWO back when they were running low on DSTWO stock and hadn't yet launched the DSTWO+ (it has a green PCB and the game card is grey). It was indeed a genuine DSTWO as all of the functions you'd expect a DSTWO to be able to do worked flawlessly.

I also have the original KIU 3DS stand as well as a Mini SD adapter, both Micro to Mini as well as Mini to standard (I don't think SD adapters are actually rare lol). I picked up a GBA Game Shark as well from the thrift store for $2 last year, but no book of codes. I just plopped these little trinkets with the rest of my gaming related things, I feel better knowing they're actually rare!

Last edited by SonicRings,
D

Deleted User

Japanese version supported Mobile Adapter GB.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some more rare stuff I have: Game Boy Micros! The green one I have is CIB, but I don't have a picture handy sadly. Japanese Famicom that says "Happy 20th Mario!" on the back is also CIB.

X7QvVOY.jpg

LPQ2gGz.jpg
2VuqJ1Y.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof