Rare gaming accessories you own. Good and bad ones.

rare_gaming.JPG

Many of us have some rare and hard to come by games in collections, or at least things we hope to one day stumble across a seller clueless about the cost of, but this is not about that. This is about accessories for gaming devices instead.

Share some of your rare, hard to come by or rather overlooked gaming accessories. If you happen to have a first gen Steel Battalion controller, or perhaps some original gamecube component cables, the feel free to share but we are also very much after the weird, wonderful and things most people probably don't know exist, and ones some might say should never have existed. They need not be in any way official or sanctioned either, however make it something that is at least theoretically useful for gaming rather than a stuffed toy shaped like a game character (we can have that thread later).

Pictured above is an xbox 360 memory card. 256 megabytes in this case, which means it came bundled with the arcade bundle (one with no hard drive), and was not even available at retail so retail plebs would have to suffer 64 megabytes instead (there was eventually a 512 meg version, some even with games preloaded). Prior to Microsoft graciously giving people the option to have USB memory for their saves, profiles and transfer thereof we had memory cards for it -- the original xbox 360 models might not have had HDMI support but they did have USB, even if an unbranded 1 gig would have set you back over £40 at the time. The 360 slim models don't however even have the port for them, and while Datel made a transfer kit to our knowledge there is no official device for it (we guess that is the original "Fortunately we have a device for that, it is called xbox 360").

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A non chipped gc can also read burns with GCOS 1.5. You just need a way to boot homebrew. Some gamecubes need the laser POT adjustment....

I suck at hardware. And if I am gonna boot non official disks is way easier with the thing chipped. But anyway my Wii is hacked and so I can play Gamecube roms that way.

I mean besides the sound and the Wii being picky with damaged Gamecube disks there isn't that much difference. And do not have the GBA to Gamecube link cable and the GBA player anyway.

I do have 3 Gamecubes so I would get one chipped or altered if I knew someone on my city that does that, but I don't.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One of the first things I ever bought at ebay was the "GB-Bridge"
http://www.gameboy-advance.net/flash_card/gb_bridge.htm

It was supposed to allow me to play GBC ROMs on my Game Boy Player using a Flash2Advance flashcard. The thing is: I didn't own a Flash2Advance card and when my mother noticed that I was about to buy one she forbid it (I was in my early teens back then).

So, till this date I own a GB-Bridge 100% new and unused in it's original packaging. I paid 50 bucks back in the day... :D

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I really hate the Gameboy Micro, it makes me want to pick a rolled up newspaper and slap Nintendo with it.

"Bad Nintendo, bad! It can only play Gameboy Advance games! The screen is too small! The GBA cables and accessories don't work on it!"

Now getting back on topic. I have a Sega Genesis with the Sega CD and I have the 32x with a game for it. I unfortunately don't have a Sega CD game. How good is the copy protection of the Sega CD anyway?

Edit: Apparently even worse than the Playstation.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really hate the Gameboy Micro, it makes me want to pick a rolled up newspaper and slap Nintendo with it.

"Bad Nintendo, bad! It can only play Gameboy Advance games! The screen is too small! The GBA cables and accessories don't work on it!"

Now getting back on topic. I have a Sega Genesis with the Sega CD and I have the 32x with a game for it. I unfortunately don't have a Sega CD game. How good is the copy protection of the Sega CD anyway?

Edit: Apparently even worse than the Playstation.
Hah! While your points are indeed valid, you have to admit the Micro is the most comfortable Game Boy to play, assuming you have the eyesight for its tiny screen. My hands are massive and I find the micro to be more comfortable than the other models (except ofc the original GBA, but that one has possibly the worst buttons).

Not to mention how nice it looks. It's basically like a PSP Go, except it at least plays physical games lol

Reactions: Deleted-236924

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I find the Gameboy Pocket the most comfortable to play, but the battery life sucks.

And I do not like to give anyone money for defective products. Is bad enough I got a Switch.

nitr8

Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WHAT I GOT:

* multiple (3x) WIRED WIIMOTE's

* multiple (3x) NDEV's (actively investigating / testing / compiling / debugging stuff) ...didn't release anything just yet

* 1x CAT-DEV (just laying around) ...an absolute rarity (didn't find a second one yet)

* 1x WAIKIKI Adaptor for Gamecube / Wii / Ndev
...an absolute rarity (didn't find a second one yet)

SOON TO GET:

MAYBE SOON TO GET:

- PSP DEVKIT (Almost got the SDK's)

WTB / SEARCHING FOR:

* USB GECKO, and / or...:
* USB GECKO SE
* SHURIKEN USB
* Gamecube Dev-Kit GDEV

GOT IT:

Last edited by nitr8,

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but it seems I missed an opportunity to brag about my two GB Bridges, three "M3 Movie Player" gba flash cards (only one of which has a living battery unfortunately, but it is an M3 Perfect), an EZ flash 2, an 8G EZ flash 3, and a bunch of other GBA flash cards that are less impressive, one of which I believe to be the oldest GBA flashcard designed by Visoli, which was a rebranded Dr Gamboy company; that card is shaped like an original gameboy game and can hold one small GBA game, but is perhaps my favorite due to its rarity.

Last edited by machinoman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...