OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
SamAsh07 said:
WiiU controller is NOT big. It's normal in size. It most definitely is the size of those Arcade Fighter Sticks made for SF4 PS3.

Heres the WiiU Controller size:-

WiiU%20size.jpg

Agreed! The Wii U controller probably isnt that much harder to hold like my 7in tablet. I think the controller looks fine. I'm kinda disappointed about the lack of true analog sticks but I hear that the sliders are pretty comfortable and have more pushing room than the one on the 3DS. If that's the case, I'm OK with that.

people in the show floor say is very good to hold very conortable

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
i don't know, the whole minimalist simplistic look of the system makes it looks like it's aimed at 10 year olds, just like the wii did. especially with the screen on the controller.
but i'll wait until i actually have the chance to play it to decide whether i like it or not.
for now it's just a wii with 360/PS3 graphics. we don't know anything about other features yet, do we?

edit:
and i mean software features, not hardware.

Minimalistic look? Isn't that why Apple products sell so well? The system looks sleek and beautiful! One more thing, can anyone confirm the port(s) next to the fan. Is that a digital audio out port or the 4 USB ports. If that's the USB then they're awfully close
frown.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Take a scale and measure 26cm, you'll get the length of WiiU controller. Compare with other controllers and DSi XL

End result : PROFIT!!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ok I got another pic, this one I made myself while doing research on specific lengths of Wiimote and WiiU controller.

wiiUmote.jpg

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Naw, Wiimote is 14.8cm long, while the WiiU controller is 26cm in length, it's not double the size of a Wiimote. More like x1.75

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the design. It's like a mini Xbox 360, but it's styled like the Wii.

Also, about the size, the PS3 Slim exists. So I'm guessing the Wii U can be the size it is and still have power.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks good. Microsoft should go back and redesign the 360 again since clearly their idea of a "slim" console is still effing huge and Nintendo seems to know a thing or two about form factor with their consoles.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Naw, Wiimote is 14.8cm long, while the WiiU controller is 26cm in length, it's not double the size of a Wiimote. More like x1.75
Doesn't look that big, specially if it was compare to wiimote plus.

The things (controller and console) look like hardware. There isn't "10 year old" look, there no age on it at all. Ridiculous...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shabutie78 said:
2cgyozr.jpg

wii u anyone?

You could say the same thing for everything. The GameGear, the Gizmodo, Tiger Electronic games... In other words, I did not laugh at your post.

QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Jun 11 2011, 06:14 PM) Looks good. Microsoft should go back and redesign the 360 again since clearly their idea of a "slim" console is still effing huge and Nintendo seems to know a thing or two about form factor with their consoles.

The 360 slim is small dude :/ It really isn't that big. It's probably about the same size as the fat PS2... maybe Fat PS1 (length wise).

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is this...I don't even.....what is it supposed to be, a badly designed touchscreen...

I'm not even a fanboy for any console or handheld, or for any company, and this still pains me to look at.

Gawd daymn Ninty, what de....****.

The name only makes it burn my eyes worse.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Shabutie78 said:
2cgyozr.jpg

wii u anyone?

You could say the same thing for everything. The GameGear, the Gizmodo, Tiger Electronic games... In other words, I did not laugh at your post.
fanboy detected. boo-hoo.
this thing has a touch screen. none of the devices you named have one.
it's ok, you can laugh now!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Shabutie78 said:
-snip-
wii u anyone?

fanboy detected. boo-hoo.
Actually Shadow is almost as far away from a Nintendo fanboy as Guild without going into Sony fanboyism.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Actually Shadow is almost as far away from a Nintendo fanboy as Guild without going into Sony fanboyism.
you sure?
wasn't that him talking about nintendo "destroying" each and every competitor that "steps up to the plate?"
if i got the wrong person, i apologize
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1