glukriek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I loved Rainbow island and bubble bobble since I am little and I have been looking for the Wiiware releases... I found some but I am confused...
Bubble bobble is only 1.2 MB which seems not that much and Rainbow island is >40MB which seems a lot considering the 512 MB of the NAND!

EDIT: apparently I only got the DLC for BB... found a region free WAD of about 30 MB.

I am kind of new to the Wiiware titles so I have no idea if it is normal or not... Do anybody tried them already?

I am currently on 3.2U, I can of understood that on 4.0 you could load Wiiware from SD, is that true? Would it be the best solution to load a game as big as RI?

I can wait to play them but I don't want to brick or saturate my wii...

Lastly, and to avoid posting the same stupid question later, if anybody try them what IOS do they need? I have the madworld ones, is that enough? Should I use Wiiscue to install more?

Thanks in advance!

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, those file sizes are pretty average, yeah. They must bloat out the VC and WiiWare releases with so much crap to inflate them from a few KB up to like, 40MB! Yes you can run games from the SD in 4.0, but you still need room on your Wii itself, since it uses the system memory temporarily.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Also with the SD card route you have a massive total of 300 spaces to fill so if you have a decent sized SD card you will be able to pretty much have all the games you will ever want
biggrin.gif

glukriek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks guys!

Guess I have to put the 4.0 update on my weekend program!

RI sucks... I am sad! Gonna try BB tonight!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf