ROM Hack Question Rabi-Ribi - Convert save from PC to Switch?

bawzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am looking for some assistance. Rabi-Ribi was recently released, I was playing it on PC but would like to transfer my save over to the Switch to resume play.

I have tried exporting my save via Checkpoint and comparing the save file on the PC. The PC has files named "save0.sav" and "save1.sav" and the Switch does too. I tried copying the save0 and save1 to Checkpoint and restoring the save. However, the game loads but then crashes just before the title screen. So it seems the saves may be in a slightly different format? Is it possible that someone knows how to convert the save over, or perhaps it would require a save convertor?

slickmann1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also copy options and sys from save-misc to the same folder as save0 and save1. Then, erase the .sav and .dat from the filenames. remember to get rid of the period. everything else you did was correct, though. ^w^

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, I am looking for some assistance. Rabi-Ribi was recently released, I was playing it on PC but would like to transfer my save over to the Switch to resume play.

I have tried exporting my save via Checkpoint and comparing the save file on the PC. The PC has files named "save0.sav" and "save1.sav" and the Switch does too. I tried copying the save0 and save1 to Checkpoint and restoring the save. However, the game loads but then crashes just before the title screen. So it seems the saves may be in a slightly different format? Is it possible that someone knows how to convert the save over, or perhaps it would require a save convertor?
I can give you a pointer to get started.
Make a new save file on both PC and Switch, both save files should be as identical as you can possibly get them (so if "new game" automatically creates a save file without you having to save in game before the save file is created, using a new game save should ensure the saves are identical, if not try to save in the exact same location), and compare the two with a hex editor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
  • Spider2190 @ Spider2190:
    Heya
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Spider2190, hi