ROM Hack Question Rabi-Ribi - Convert save from PC to Switch?

bawzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am looking for some assistance. Rabi-Ribi was recently released, I was playing it on PC but would like to transfer my save over to the Switch to resume play.

I have tried exporting my save via Checkpoint and comparing the save file on the PC. The PC has files named "save0.sav" and "save1.sav" and the Switch does too. I tried copying the save0 and save1 to Checkpoint and restoring the save. However, the game loads but then crashes just before the title screen. So it seems the saves may be in a slightly different format? Is it possible that someone knows how to convert the save over, or perhaps it would require a save convertor?

slickmann1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also copy options and sys from save-misc to the same folder as save0 and save1. Then, erase the .sav and .dat from the filenames. remember to get rid of the period. everything else you did was correct, though. ^w^

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, I am looking for some assistance. Rabi-Ribi was recently released, I was playing it on PC but would like to transfer my save over to the Switch to resume play.

I have tried exporting my save via Checkpoint and comparing the save file on the PC. The PC has files named "save0.sav" and "save1.sav" and the Switch does too. I tried copying the save0 and save1 to Checkpoint and restoring the save. However, the game loads but then crashes just before the title screen. So it seems the saves may be in a slightly different format? Is it possible that someone knows how to convert the save over, or perhaps it would require a save convertor?
I can give you a pointer to get started.
Make a new save file on both PC and Switch, both save files should be as identical as you can possibly get them (so if "new game" automatically creates a save file without you having to save in game before the save file is created, using a new game save should ensure the saves are identical, if not try to save in the exact same location), and compare the two with a hex editor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search softonic