Hacking R4i-SDHC Will pass dsi v1.4 on Friday!

mkkid28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you look on the list
R4-SDHC kernel updated to V1.10b on Sep 18,2009

That ones not the R4i, so I dunno if it worked on not as I haven't seen him today.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mkkid28 said:
If you look on the list
R4-SDHC kernel updated to V1.10b on Sep 18,2009

That ones not the R4i, so I dunno if it worked on not as I haven't seen him today.
And if you click on that, it takes you to the download page, where the only firmware marked as v1.10b is R4i. The page lists the R4-SDHC and the 1.4 R4i-SDHC above that download now... which confuses me greatly. How did they go from using 2 different firmwares, one that can't function on a DSi at all, and one that functions but can't pass 1.4, to using one firmware for the same card that couldn't function on a DSi AND a card that passes 1.4?

branden2008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
branden2008 said:
edit: CRAP! they released a new card. THEY PUT SHIT IN OUR FACES! that's it! i'm not buying anymore of their crap! i'm gonna sell my r4i and buy me an ak2i. gosh! i feel like an idiot thinking they would make an update for the old cards! dang, some of u guys are right. never gonna buy a r4 ever again.

with you many others..... i'm also switching to AK2i, and good luck with selling your R4i.
thx dude

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
branden2008 said:
scrtmstr said:
branden2008 said:
edit: CRAP! they released a new card. THEY PUT SHIT IN OUR FACES! that's it! i'm not buying anymore of their crap! i'm gonna sell my r4i and buy me an ak2i. gosh! i feel like an idiot thinking they would make an update for the old cards! dang, some of u guys are right. never gonna buy a r4 ever again.

with you many others..... i'm also switching to AK2i, and good luck with selling your R4i.
thx dude

yeah, just got my M3Zero, so far i'm liking it, just adjusting to the differences lol

flametorrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's absolutely ridiculous!! My friend just got a brand new R4i in the mail and I offered to put all the firmware stuff on it. I happily brought it down to him and watched him try and turn it on. He got an error message, and here I am debugging and I see this. Finding out that 1.4 isn't supported!? Grr!! That sucks! Total outrage. I hate being the bearer of bad news to the poor guy. :/

Well, this sucks. I guess I can help him try and sell it. Good luck to everyone with these problems. Dangnamnit. ><

Kirakuni ne.

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
rookrook said:
well sorry to burst your bubble m8 but it does work
i have done the update on a non upgraded dsi (my sons with the cart in then transfered the cart to the 1.4 wifi updated one and it worked dunno where you get your info but i did this on weds nite im going to do another next week
Sorry to burst your bubble, m8, but that's a completely different card than the R4i-SDHC, and nothing from r4i.cn will work on a R4i-SDHC. That's why it isn't helpful.
has anyone tried ?

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
rookrook said:
injected11 said:
rookrook said:
well sorry to burst your bubble m8 but it does work
i have done the update on a non upgraded dsi (my sons with the cart in then transfered the cart to the 1.4 wifi updated one and it worked dunno where you get your info but i did this on weds nite im going to do another next week
Sorry to burst your bubble, m8, but that's a completely different card than the R4i-SDHC, and nothing from r4i.cn will work on a R4i-SDHC. That's why it isn't helpful.
has anyone tried ?
No. because everybody knows it won't work. There completly different cards.

StarHook

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello all

i have the same problem my new flash card dont with out 1.4 ballon dont work with new kernel

i spend my money and i trust wrong company

i found this
many clone sites
http://www.r4dsisdhc.com/r4i.html

http://www.sdhc-r4i.net/downloade.htm ( have kernel R4-i English v1.10a For Old user [2009-9-1] ) i try it but it dont work for me

monday i am go to buy M3i zero is good card ?

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
like r4i rts...r4i sdhc can support the old one with software update...
they do some hardware changes..and now it's avialable
the official site should be www.r4i-sdhc.com

StarHook

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
look the product page

SDHC-R4i Picture

is the same with the www.r4i-sdhc.com

have print www.r4i-sdhc.com no SDHC-R4i.com

perezosogato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
branden2008 said:
Good news for R4i-SDHC owners! The R4i-SDHC team said that they will be releasing an update to pass the dsi v1.4. They also said that those new flashcarts on that other r4i-sdhc website ( http://www.r4isdhc.com/indexe.asp.htm ) is fake! so it looks like R4i-SDHC owners dont have to buy a new flashcart! cheers!
yaynds.gif

"Only the R4i SDHC that launched after 2009-09-18 can support Version 1.4 DSi console. On the contrary, all the R4i SDHC launched before 2009-09-18 can not do so (support Version 1.4)."

this is a newsletter from gameyeeeah.com .
Any have the similar news? is r4i sdhc support v1.4e ??
I am not sure whether i can trust on this news or not ?
help me plzz

merci
bow.gif

branden2008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perezosogato said:
branden2008 said:
Good news for R4i-SDHC owners! The R4i-SDHC team said that they will be releasing an update to pass the dsi v1.4. They also said that those new flashcarts on that other r4i-sdhc website ( http://www.r4isdhc.com/indexe.asp.htm ) is fake! so it looks like R4i-SDHC owners dont have to buy a new flashcart! cheers!
yaynds.gif

"Only the R4i SDHC that launched after 2009-09-18 can support Version 1.4 DSi console. On the contrary, all the R4i SDHC launched before 2009-09-18 can not do so (support Version 1.4)."

help me plzz

merci
bow.gif
yeah i know

perezosogato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
branden2008 said:
perezosogato said:
branden2008 said:
yaynds.gif

help me plzz

merci
bow.gif
yeah i know

so that is true.thanks joe.
i think i gonna to buy one .
how much you got from that site ?
i saw 13.99$ in gameyeeeah.

Geostar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerstorm.org
XP
Country
They have updated their site.

QUOTE said:
The card with mark can be support NDSi console hardware and software update and upgrade
The card without mark can not support NDSi console V1.4 temporary ,we suggest don't upgrade V1.4 version by network,to avoid causing cannot use. in case of any inconvenient ?Pls forgive us?

bongon69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geostar said:
They have updated their site.

QUOTE said:
The card with mark can be support NDSi console hardware and software update and upgrade
The card without mark can not support NDSi console V1.4 temporary ,we suggest don't upgrade V1.4 version by network,to avoid causing cannot use. in case of any inconvenient ?Pls forgive us?
you notice it says temporary thought? douse that mean they might fix it yet? the guy i get my r4 cards from said he will have the 1.4 cards in 2 weeks,cant wait

Geostar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerstorm.org
XP
Country
I emailed them again.... This time very angry....

QUOTE said:
Dear Customer:
First of all,we appreciate your feedback and your support.
Which the card if you bought is without V1.4 mark on the gift box. it can not support the DSI 1.4 version.. we will try to improve in near future. we apologize for the case cause any inconvenient !

B,rgds!
Cathy
2009-09-21
Date: 2009-09-20 19:08:08
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Subject: I need a definite answer concerning 1.4 compatibility.

Dear R4i-SDHC team

I've been waiting a very long time for you to release a 1.4 compatibility fix for my R4i-SDHC. Are you planning on releasing a fix any time soon? Because I am getting tired of waiting and I am thinking about going and buying an acekard 2i as they seem to support their customers better. Is it not possible for you to just modify the DSTTi updater as your hardware is very similar?

Thanks,
Geostar

pdocquier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The R4i-sdhc team proove once again how weak & bad they are.
Even their english are bad (probably caused by a translator).
Anyway, comparing to others teams like R4i-gold or R4i RTS they
needs more than 2 month to release another card !!!

Come-on !

I don't say it is technically possible to update their components, may be it is impossible
but how could they write "we will try to improve in near future"

Honeslty, I don't understand!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pdocquier said:
The R4i-sdhc team proove once again how weak & bad they are.
Even their english are bad (probably caused by a translator).
Anyway, comparing to others teams like R4i-gold or R4i RTS they
needs more than 2 month to release another card !!!

Come-on !

I don't say it is technically possible to update their components, may be it is impossible
but how could they write "we will try to improve in near future"

Honeslty, I don't understand!
You really have no room to complain about their english when your post looks like that. They're based in China, so I'm guessing their native language is chinese, with some education in english. How much chinese do you know? Then stfu.

The new R4i carts have been out for quite awhile. The firmware update 1.10b is what took 2 months.

Dunno where your "weak and bad" statement came from. Prior to 1.4, the card was very well supported and it still works like a dream on my DS Lite.

They say they'll try to improve old cards because if they manage to find some sort of fix, they will impliment it. I've personally asked them if old R4i's would still get firmware updates, and was told yes, they would. They haven't abandoned the old card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock