Hacking R4i-SDHC Will pass dsi v1.4 on Friday!

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
ALL the R4i are clone/fake, don't buy it.
laugh.gif

InsanityToTheMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the R4-SDHC (not the i), and the v1.10b kernal works fine.. I think the v1.10b kernal's game improvements (compatability issues) are avalible to the old R4i's and R4 but the newer ones will be able to be used on the v1.4 firmware..
This is confusing :S

EpicX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone know if there will come an update or not?
Some say yes, some say no, some say yes but it will take a long time till it would be released.
Are there any REAL facts?

greetz

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
InsanityToTheMax said:
I have the R4-SDHC (not the i), and the v1.10b kernal works fine.. I think the v1.10b kernal's game improvements (compatability issues) are avalible to the old R4i's and R4 but the newer ones will be able to be used on the v1.4 firmware..
This is confusing :S
The 1.10b R4i firmware does NOT work on old R4i cards. I just tried it. When the loading screen appears, it stops, and a red message appears across the bottom saying "Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware."

jockyw2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Everybody with an "old" r4i-sdhc card (fuck it, mine is only 2 weeks old) should send an email to [email protected] and request a bootloader update. This was something they promised the past 2 months and obviously it was an intentional lie. That it was intentional can be seen from the other site http://www.r4isdhc.com where they offered the 1.10b kernel weeks ago. Everybody please refrain from buying a "new" r4i sdhc card at least until they have come up with a solution for "old" card owners.

nadoon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
"R" and "4" together form "FAIL". Anything with the name "R4" is a FAIL.

I got my acekard2i 2 days ago and I played 10 hours so far. It rocks.

Got it from dealextreme!
biggrin.gif

qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is the new card upgradable? I mean, when Nintendo deliver 1.5 firmware... will we have to buy a new card again?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jockyw2001 said:
Everybody with an "old" r4i-sdhc card (fuck it, mine is only 2 weeks old) should send an email to [email protected] and request a bootloader update. This was something they promised the past 2 months and obviously it was an intentional lie. That it was intentional can be seen from the other site http://www.r4isdhc.com where they offered the 1.10b kernel weeks ago. Everybody please refrain from buying a "new" r4i sdhc card at least until they have come up with a solution for "old" card owners.
When did they "promise" anything like that? Every email I've seen just said they were working on it, and that a new card is required. How does linking to a site that has no affiliation with them (and they've said so) prove they were lying? It's not their fault that you got your hopes up. Don't whine when they've delivered exactly what they said they would.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
niu said:
ALL the R4i are clone/fake, don't buy it.
laugh.gif

I agree 100% with this statement. It's because of problems like this that knowledgeable people say to stay away from R4s. Yes the R4 was good, but there is no R4 any more there's just shoddy flashcart makers making money from the brand name. AK2/DSTT never once said that their carts were updateable yet still delivered when flashcarts were blocked in 1.4. I really wish people would stop recommending them to new users because it only causes headaches for the users.

I know there's people here who love their R4-Whatever and defend them to the death, but then you also have people who love their 360s and continue to propagate the lie that RRoD is caused by users mistreating them instead of the fact that it's just built badly.

mkkid28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The update kernal is out so it's fine for mine and my friends DS (Original) except I'm using the Acekard and my friend is using R4-SDHC.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mkkid28 said:
The update kernal is out so it's fine for mine and my friends DS (Original) except I'm using the Acekard and my friend is using R4-SDHC.
Wait... the "R4i-SDHC" 1.10b firmware update worked on your friend's "R4-SDHC"? All of the new firmware updates (aka all the diff language versions) say R4i, and none of the new ones say R4, and in the past, each had it's own firmware.

If you can confirm this is accurate, that's fucked up.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
branden2008 said:
edit: CRAP! they released a new card. THEY PUT SHIT IN OUR FACES! that's it! i'm not buying anymore of their crap! i'm gonna sell my r4i and buy me an ak2i. gosh! i feel like an idiot thinking they would make an update for the old cards! dang, some of u guys are right. never gonna buy a r4 ever again.

with you many others..... i'm also switching to AK2i, and good luck with selling your R4i.

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i had a r4i r4i.cn they have an update which i use to get their yellow r4i card up and running on an updated dsi (i say yellow because the plastic at back where the pins are is yellow not red)dunno if this helps anyone

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rookrook said:
hey guys i had a r4i r4i.cn they have an update which i use to get their yellow r4i card up and running on an updated dsi (i say yellow because the plastic at back where the pins are is yellow not red)dunno if this helps anyone
It doesn't.

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well sorry to burst your bubble m8 but it does work
i have done the update on a non upgraded dsi (my sons with the cart in then transfered the cart to the 1.4 wifi updated one and it worked dunno where you get your info but i did this on weds nite im going to do another next week

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rookrook said:
well sorry to burst your bubble m8 but it does work
i have done the update on a non upgraded dsi (my sons with the cart in then transfered the cart to the 1.4 wifi updated one and it worked dunno where you get your info but i did this on weds nite im going to do another next week
Sorry to burst your bubble, m8, but that's a completely different card than the R4i-SDHC, and nothing from r4i.cn will work on a R4i-SDHC. That's why it isn't helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol