Hacking R4i Gold Pro, problems with updating and white screen.

Xolima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have my 3DS on the latest firmware and the flashcard that I bought here http://www.r4i-gold.com/index.html gives me the usual "turn power off" error. I thought it was safe to update after waiting 2 months but it wasn't. I borrowed a friends DS Phat to update my flashcard, thats my biggest gripe with this whole situation. I have done this process about 4/5 times and it has always worked but this time my flashcard shows up on the console (with the Sponge Bob Atlantis logo) but fails to boot, it only gives me a white screen. I have tried many kernels and I cant pass the white screen, hell I even tried the exact same kernel his old flashcard (that works fine) has and it didn't work.

Sooo it has no fix ? My flashcard isn't compatible with the latest Nintendo firmware version and there is no way to update it, not even with a DS Phat which I always thought to be the jack of all trades of flashcards ?

Thanks for the attention.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Xolima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This cart has worked fine before so I guess number 3 is off the question. The micro sd too but I will try to format it. Can you please send me a link to the right files ?

Xolima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for not being specific enough :P, I meant your first statement, "1 - Not the right files on the MicroSD".

Xolima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I formatted my 8g micro sd card, used the latest kernel on the site I mentioned earlier, still white screen. Tried 3 different micro sds (all 3 work on my phone or pc), all 3 gave me the white screen.The r4i pro card worked fine a week ago, I stopped using it when I updated my 3ds firmware. This is really frustrating because I have tried every kind of Ds/ Card/ Microsd/ Kernel combination and I always have a white screen. Can you please send me a link to the files that have to make an R4i gold Pro work on a DS Phat ? I think it's my last chance of fixing this or I'll have to buy a new one and I can't find anyone selling them in Portugal. Only one website that doesn't accept PayPal.

Xolima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the official kernel, nothing. Tried what you sent me, nothing. I used the "R4i-SDHC YSMenu" and "R4-SDHC YSMenu" and the DAT files you sent me and it still didn't work.

If you can't solve this situation can you be kind enough to show me where I can buy a reliable flashcard (I live in Portugal).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-