R4i Gold Pro, problems with updating and white screen.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xolima, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Xolima
    OP

Xolima Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    Hi, I have my 3DS on the latest firmware and the flashcard that I bought here http://www.r4i-gold.com/index.html gives me the usual "turn power off" error. I thought it was safe to update after waiting 2 months but it wasn't. I borrowed a friends DS Phat to update my flashcard, thats my biggest gripe with this whole situation. I have done this process about 4/5 times and it has always worked but this time my flashcard shows up on the console (with the Sponge Bob Atlantis logo) but fails to boot, it only gives me a white screen. I have tried many kernels and I cant pass the white screen, hell I even tried the exact same kernel his old flashcard (that works fine) has and it didn't work.

Sooo it has no fix ? My flashcard isn't compatible with the latest Nintendo firmware version and there is no way to update it, not even with a DS Phat which I always thought to be the jack of all trades of flashcards ?

Thanks for the attention.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  3. Xolima
    OP

Xolima Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    This cart has worked fine before so I guess number 3 is off the question. The micro sd too but I will try to format it. Can you please send me a link to the right files ?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Carts (and electronics in general) can die, we've seen it lots of times.

The link has the installer, just choose "manual download".

5. Xolima
    OP

Xolima Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    sorry for not being specific enough :P, I meant your first statement, "1 - Not the right files on the MicroSD".

6. Xolima
    OP

Xolima Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    I formatted my 8g micro sd card, used the latest kernel on the site I mentioned earlier, still white screen. Tried 3 different micro sds (all 3 work on my phone or pc), all 3 gave me the white screen.The r4i pro card worked fine a week ago, I stopped using it when I updated my 3ds firmware. This is really frustrating because I have tried every kind of Ds/ Card/ Microsd/ Kernel combination and I always have a white screen. Can you please send me a link to the files that have to make an R4i gold Pro work on a DS Phat ? I think it's my last chance of fixing this or I'll have to buy a new one and I can't find anyone selling them in Portugal. Only one website that doesn't accept PayPal.

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
  8. Xolima
    OP

Xolima Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    I tried the official kernel, nothing. Tried what you sent me, nothing. I used the "R4i-SDHC YSMenu" and "R4-SDHC YSMenu" and the DAT files you sent me and it still didn't work.

If you can't solve this situation can you be kind enough to show me where I can buy a reliable flashcard (I live in Portugal).

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States