hcwdikk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey,
So I'm one of those people that bought R4i back in the days when they seemed credible :P
I've played a few layton games and that's it..I have forgotten about my 3ds.
Now I'd like to use ninjhax to play with some homebrew however I'm having problems with setting it up.
My 3ds is on version 4.1.0-4U but there is no qrcode for it :( When I use 4.1.0-7U my 3ds freezes and nothing happens. If I use some other qrcodes (like 9.2) ninjhax boots up but fails after reaching 40%. So I'm guessing that I need to upgrade my firmware. As far as I know I can use rom to do that but I'd have to "disable" firmware spoofing on my R4i. I think that version 1.0 of their firmawre didn't have firmware spoofing but there is no download link on the R4i website. Does anyone know where I can get it?

tl;dr
I need R4i Gold Deluxe Firmware 1.0 file, does anyone know where can I get it? :) Thanks!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hey,
So I'm one of those people that bought R4i back in the days when they seemed credible :P
I've played a few layton games and that's it..I have forgotten about my 3ds.
Now I'd like to use ninjhax to play with some homebrew however I'm having problems with setting it up.
My 3ds is on version 4.1.0-4U but there is no qrcode for it :( When I use 4.1.0-7U my 3ds freezes and nothing happens. If I use some other qrcodes (like 9.2) ninjhax boots up but fails after reaching 40%. So I'm guessing that I need to upgrade my firmware. As far as I know I can use rom to do that but I'd have to "disable" firmware spoofing on my R4i. I think that version 1.0 of their firmawre didn't have firmware spoofing but there is no download link on the R4i website. Does anyone know where I can get it?

tl;dr
I need R4i Gold Deluxe Firmware 1.0 file, does anyone know where can I get it? :) Thanks!
You're in luck! There is already a version of pasta you can use without ninjhax! (please deposit your r4iGold Deluxe in the nearest waste receptacle immediately - thank you)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...required-ninjhax.388925/page-156#post-5506924

To get your first cia installed though, you need to use PBT-CFW to install a devmen cia over network. It's a PITA to get working, but once you do, it's smooth sailing from there. (and you can then install a higher browser version, upgrade, and use pasta 9.2 with your ninjhax!)

hcwdikk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're in luck! There is already a version of pasta you can use without ninjhax! (please deposit your r4iGold Deluxe in the nearest waste receptacle immediately - thank you)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...required-ninjhax.388925/page-156#post-5506924

To get your first cia installed though, you need to use PBT-CFW to install a devmen cia over network. It's a PITA to get working, but once you do, it's smooth sailing from there. (and you can then install a higher browser version, upgrade, and use pasta 9.2 with your ninjhax!)

Whoa, cool :D Thanks a lot! I'll try it out :)
And yea, I'm regretting buying r4i but since I'm not playing any games on my 3ds I don't wany to spend money on other flashcards. Also my 3ds is from USA but I live in Europe so I'd have to import some kind of a game just to update my firmware :(

hcwdikk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well..I have managed to update my 3ds to version 4.4.0...but -4 didn't go away :( I'm still nowhere near -7...is that a problem?
Does smealum hack work right now? His website seems to be...struggling (qr codes won't generate).

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well..I have managed to update my 3ds to version 4.4.0...but -4 didn't go away :( I'm still nowhere near -7...is that a problem?
Does smealum hack work right now? His website seems to be...struggling (qr codes won't generate).
You need to update your browser separately.
1)download the correct CIA using 3dnus (search this site for the thread)
example: for europe you would enter 0004003000009D02 , 2050 in the 3dnus fields for title ID and version respectively.
2)install this cia using PBT-CFW and devmen/FBI and then you should be able to use ninjhax.

Reactions: hcwdikk

hcwdikk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hm I'm getting Result-code: d9004589 when trying to install cia via PBT-CFW. Does anyone know what could it mean?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm I'm getting Result-code: d9004589 when trying to install cia via PBT-CFW. Does anyone know what could it mean?
From what I'm seeing, when I google that code it seems like the code appears when it works. reboot the system and see if you have a present.

hcwdikk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It turns out that I had to go to "software" options under Data Managment, then my 3ds fixed the SD and now everything works fine :D Thanks guys!

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't his r4i still worth having for nds games? :sp: There's a decent amount of games worth playing. At least thats what I use mine for plus the nes emulator as I don't see one for 3ds or at least N3ds.

hcwdikk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've already played most of nds games that I wanted to play, I wish there were more castlevania-like titles on 3ds :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up