Hacking R4DS: MicroSD not locking in R4DS anymore

driftprince86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The microSD won't stay in anymore, it won't lock in because of my little cousin.

Is there any way to fix the R4DS? To make the microSD to stay in?

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This seems to be a common problem with the spring load mechanism on the R4. You can try removing the screw and cover and try to insert and remove the micro sd card to see if it clicks into place again. Otherwise, you're looking at returning the card to the supplier for a replacement.

driftprince86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can't return back my R4DS, I'll move to the M3.

I got my R4 from dealxtreme, I emailed them and haven't gotten a reply yet. I'll be waiting for there word... if they reply back....

braincell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an R4 and im hoping i dont have the same problem. I am thinking now i should of bought the ez flash 3-1 cause i thought gba games sucked but after reading reviews for metroid and all these rpgs i kinda want a gba device too.. what do you guys recommend. do you think i should just re-sell my r4 when it comes and get the ez flash 3-1? or stick with the R4 and hope they make more compatable homebrew?

driftprince86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent back my R4 early this week, I had to pay $2 for shipping it and they said they would refund it back. I got an email from paypal saying I got refunded back my money, I don't see it in my paypal nor do I see it in my bank yet.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is getting this way too. Mine will still lock at this point, but I have to push it carefully and then stop when I hear the very light click and it will stay. If I push it too far, it will just eject instead of locking.

Kazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is getting this way too. Mine will still lock at this point, but I have to push it carefully and then stop when I hear the very light click and it will stay. If I push it too far, it will just eject instead of locking.

I'm pretty sure the latch has a problem with the MicroSD card going in too far, since mine does the same thing. I'm sure it'll stay in there 100% of the time when I don't push it in too far, and just push it in until I hear the initial click.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how long have you guys had the R4 ? How long have you had it before it started having problems ?

I've only had mine a couple months. The locking mechanism seemed to change-up within a week or two. It went from a very loud click (which I can still emulate if I kinda squeeze the case while inserting the card), to a very soft click.

It pretty much ALWAYS had the issue of pushing it in too far and it will eject though.

The R4 team needs to fix that mess.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I did wonder about how long those springs would last and whether it rendered the R4 useless when they break. Maybe going for the M3Simply and just waiting a few extra days for firmware updates isn't such a bad idea after all (IIRC it has no spring, correct me if I'm wrong)

[Edit - see Modrak's post below] I stand corrected, the M3 Simply does indeed have a spring. I'm getting it muddled up with the EZ-Flash V. Shame on me! *slaps wrist*

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I did wonder about how long those springs would last and whether it rendered the R4 useless when they break. Maybe going for the M3Simply and just waiting a few extra days for firmware updates isn't such a bad idea after all (IIRC it has no spring, correct me if I'm wrong)

Correcting - it's totally the same, both have springs !

Feasir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mine broke after 10 days and as many microSD inserting/removing.
I returned it to divineo and got a new one in 10 days.

To be fair, I ordered 8 of them and only one had this problem (bad luck it was mine
dry.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(