R4DS: MicroSD not locking in R4DS anymore

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by driftprince86, Mar 11, 2007.

Mar 11, 2007
  1. driftprince86
    OP

Newcomer driftprince86 Newbie

United States
    The microSD won't stay in anymore, it won't lock in because of my little cousin.

Is there any way to fix the R4DS? To make the microSD to stay in?

2. betaboy

Member betaboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This seems to be a common problem with the spring load mechanism on the R4. You can try removing the screw and cover and try to insert and remove the micro sd card to see if it clicks into place again. Otherwise, you're looking at returning the card to the supplier for a replacement.

3. driftprince86
    OP

United States
    If I can't return back my R4DS, I'll move to the M3.

I got my R4 from dealxtreme, I emailed them and haven't gotten a reply yet. I'll be waiting for there word... if they reply back....

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    For a temporary solution, just tape the SD card in place. If they won't replace the R4 for whatever reason, you could rip the spring out.

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Try squeezing the sides of the microSD slot. I did that and it actually made of of my R4s click better :wtf:

6. braincell

Newcomer braincell Newbie

United States
    I just bought an R4 and im hoping i dont have the same problem. I am thinking now i should of bought the ez flash 3-1 cause i thought gba games sucked but after reading reviews for metroid and all these rpgs i kinda want a gba device too.. what do you guys recommend. do you think i should just re-sell my r4 when it comes and get the ez flash 3-1? or stick with the R4 and hope they make more compatable homebrew?

7. driftprince86
    OP

United States
    I sent back my R4 early this week, I had to pay $2 for shipping it and they said they would refund it back. I got an email from paypal saying I got refunded back my money, I don't see it in my paypal nor do I see it in my bank yet.

8. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Mine is getting this way too. Mine will still lock at this point, but I have to push it carefully and then stop when I hear the very light click and it will stay. If I push it too far, it will just eject instead of locking.

9. Kazy

Newcomer Kazy Newbie

United States

I'm pretty sure the latch has a problem with the MicroSD card going in too far, since mine does the same thing. I'm sure it'll stay in there 100% of the time when I don't push it in too far, and just push it in until I hear the initial click.

10. F34R

Member F34R GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how long have you guys had the R4 ? How long have you had it before it started having problems ?

11. Emu

Member Emu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm gentle every time I insert it because the fear of breaking the MicroSD, fuckers are small..

12. Rayder

United States
    I've only had mine a couple months. The locking mechanism seemed to change-up within a week or two. It went from a very loud click (which I can still emulate if I kinda squeeze the case while inserting the card), to a very soft click.

It pretty much ALWAYS had the issue of pushing it in too far and it will eject though.

The R4 team needs to fix that mess.

13. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Ah, I did wonder about how long those springs would last and whether it rendered the R4 useless when they break. Maybe going for the M3Simply and just waiting a few extra days for firmware updates isn't such a bad idea after all (IIRC it has no spring, correct me if I'm wrong)

[Edit - see Modrak's post below] I stand corrected, the M3 Simply does indeed have a spring. I'm getting it muddled up with the EZ-Flash V. Shame on me! *slaps wrist*

14. Modrak

Member Modrak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    Correcting - it's totally the same, both have springs !

15. Feasir

Newcomer Feasir Newbie

France
    Mine broke after 10 days and as many microSD inserting/removing.
    I returned it to divineo and got a new one in 10 days.

To be fair, I ordered 8 of them and only one had this problem (bad luck it was mine [​IMG] )

16. Rayder

United States