c7
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The R4 and DS Simply have been around for a couple of months now, in all their customizable glory. That being said, I think that it's high time that we separated the men from the boys and had ourselves a good old fashioned skin competition. Mostly, I'm starting this thread as a way of getting all the best skins gathered into one place so that when I want to switch to something new, I don't have to go through every page of the skins thread or every page on Mavis's site. It's very easy to create skins for the R4 or DS Simply, which is awesome, it just means that there are going to be a lot of not-so-professional looking skins out there.

The Rules:

1 - You may nominate as many skins as you would like. They can be of your own creation, or just one that you use all the time.

2 - If someone already nominated your favorite skin, go ahead and throw in another vote for it. Polls only let you have 20 choices, I believe, and if we get more nominations than that, the 20 will be picked by who has the most votes total.

3 - If possible, please try to provide the images or a download link to your nomination.

4 - Discussion doesn't have to be just nominations in this thread. Feel free to discuss what you do or don't like about certain skins. (Only looks good on a black DS and not a white one, etc.) Just try to be civil and keep the criticism constructive.

5 - On April 1st, I'll make a new thread with the nominations from this one. If you'd like to create an all new skin for this competition, go right ahead and do that, but it has to be nominated in this thread by April 1st.

6 - Winners receive nothing but bragging rights. But we'll all win by having a bunch of really hot skins available in a single thread.

Go!
wub.gif

Big Lou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a copy of my topic on another forum:

DSXP Total Skin Pack
For R4DS and Moonshell

Downloads: DSXP Total Skin Pack | MegaUpload 2.79mb

Video Preview: YouTube

The DSXP Total Skin Pack is a complete graphical conversion for the R4DS and Moonshell. It creates a common theme in all menus and resembles Windows XP. Trick friends into thinking you have Windows on your DS!

Features:

-All 4 R4DS screens coordinate to make a seamless Windows XP theme.
-Moonshell uses the same images to compliment the main menu.
-Windows XP Startup and Shutdown sounds are used in Moonshell!

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, there is no real point other than compiling a bunch of great skins. Don't be a party pooper, you have money to shell out for this?

But thats the thing, its just bound to be another R4 Skins thread. I'm not dissing the idea or anything, but bragging rights online is hardly anything. I could sit here and tell you I'm a miillionaire, but would you care that I am?

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
heres mine - its a horrible mutilation of quite a few skins i liked - plus my favorite colour of the moment....

gives it a nice consistent (for me anyway!) theme across all areas of the m3/r4

poloman.jpg

any hints on how to host a file? (the file is the skin for both the card and moonshell)

mFlos skins are awesome - get my vote

spokenrope

c7
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heres mine - its a horrible mutilation of quite a few skins i liked - plus my favorite colour of the moment....

gives it a nice consistent (for me anyway!) theme across all areas of the m3/r4

poloman.jpg

any hints on how to host a file? (the file is the skin for both the card and moonshell)

mFlos skins are awesome - get my vote

That looks really great, dude. I love minimalist skins.

You can upload it to Mavis's site, and then it'd be awesome if you could let me know when you do so that I can try the thing out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back