Hacking R4 v1.08(beta) kernel is out

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the reason for the beta status.

Maybe we can just replace the old files with the new and leave the bits from 1.07 for Moonshell and the themes.......

I'd rather get some confirmation before I go through the hassle though.

dunderhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^ jalaneme, they probably just figured you already have the previous kernel on your microsd, so all you have to do is copy the new files over the old.

edit: noticed you beat me to it, but I just tried it out and it works great!

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Sure there was a thread a few weeks ago with someone asking if they could boot GBA games without taking out the R4, looks like their prayers have been answered!
GBA Switch homebrew.
QUOTEThe deleting thing is very useful if your card is too full to make a save file for a game, you don't have something like DS organise and you're away from your PC. My mate had his card full up with MP3s and stuff and I couldn't play some of the games I'd put on his card multiplayer cos he kept forgetting to delete stuff when he was at home and couldn't run the games.
Everybody HAS to have DSOrghanize on their card.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I put this FW in.....

There is only two files that need to be put on the card in this update. Just overwrite the _DS_MENU.DAT file on your R4 and add the gbaframe.bmp to your _system_ folder.

The GBA frame only works for actual GBA games and not GBA roms on a flashcart. Multiple themes still work as before.

Didn't fix the one game that won't boot from my Supercard miniSD....Megaman Zero. I still have to yank the R4 for that to work.

I didn't try the deleting of files simply because I have none to delete at the moment.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
None of these updates really interest me very much. I don't see them being used very often, except for maybe the ability to delete files.

However, what is VERY interesting to me is the fact that my R4 software is receiving updates quite frequently. That makes me very happy.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of these updates really interest me very much. I don't see them being used very often, except for maybe the ability to delete files.

However, what is VERY interesting to me is the fact that my R4 software is receiving updates quite frequently. That makes me very happy.

Well, this update does fix a save issue with a game.......970.

To be honest R4 doesn't really require many updates....they made the card so well that they are just releasing updates to have something to do, I think.

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ability to delete files directly from the DS is a huge addition in my opinion. I tend not to like to upgrade to betas, but I will in this case.

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would seem to me as though they have actually integrated BigBoss's EZ5 Expansion loader: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=46742&st=0
Can anyone confirm this?

It's not integrated with BigBoss's app, but it really does work great with EZ the Expansion pack.
Aww, I was really excited about that.
cry.gif
Well, whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1